The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Big Martin was super last night, seems to suit him playing in the centre of a three. He had a few great tackles and run ins with Costa, who equally enjoyed the physical tussle.

Minus15

Skrtel is getting better by the game. I agree he was outstanding last night. He is nearly playing as a sweeper there and covers the width of the pitch well when he needs to cover Sakho or Can.

Sakho is also really looking like the player we thought he was when he signed.

heganboy

obviously not wanting to put the cart before the horse, but there is a gradual shaping up of an actual back line at Liverpool for the first time in twenty fecking years that can defend and pass.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

TabClear

Quote from: Bingo on January 21, 2015, 02:23:46 PM
Big Martin was super last night, seems to suit him playing in the centre of a three. He had a few great tackles and run ins with Costa, who equally enjoyed the physical tussle.

Looking forward to him and big Andy going at it in a weeks time! Expect Carroll to get a good reception at Anfield, he was a bit of a cult figure in his time there a la Biscan, fans loved him as he always gave 100% and put himself about (Mario take note) and it was nt his fault the club overpaid by a pound or two.....

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Carmen Stateside

So is Heskey going to add to todays crazy results?

Capt Pat

It would be great to get a win here today after all the upsets.

annapr

Nice build up play and creating lots of chances but no one to finish them.

JoG2

Quote from: annapr on January 24, 2015, 07:27:28 PM
Nice build up play and creating lots of chances but no one to finish them.

;D

brokencrossbar1

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Henderson, Moreno, Markovic, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Lambert, Lallana, Allen, Balotelli

No DS15 in the squad so maybe not quite there yet.  Hate the thought of this game,  you just know that Chelsea are going to score at least 2, need to match their score and that won't be easy as they will be hurting after the weekend.  As much as it pains me 3-1 Chelsea. :(

Captain Obvious

Two penalties Chelsea could have got it might be a lucky night for Liverpool.

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 27, 2015, 08:19:08 PM
Two penalties Chelsea could have got it might be a lucky night for Liverpool.

Not as lucky as Chelsea though. Costa should be off

annapr

Liverpool the better team again but I think they will pay for all those missed chances.
The tie should be well over by now with all the chances.
Costa is a vile human being.

Mikhailov

Is it just me or is Niall Quinn totally biased towards Chelsea here...he loves them and can't see no wrong

Or maybe I am totally biased but he is not allowed to be in that role...

JoG2

I enjoy big Quinny.  He's usually fairly positive