Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2017, 10:03:21 AM
Is any male Dupite not a member of the OO?
It seems like the DUPUDA are bigging up the Dublin bogeyman to divert from the fact that the Brits didn't tell them about Monday's document/wording.

I don't believe the Tories didn't tell them. regardless it would have been the same outcome.

seafoid

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 06, 2017, 09:19:03 AM
For the second day in a row Nolan seems obsessed with the Irish government suppossedly blocking any info to the DUP or not bringing up any possible DUP concerns to the negotiations.
Am I missing something isnt that what the Tories should be responsible for is that not the party that is being propped up by the bigots why the hell would the Irish government do the UK governments work at the negotiations.
Or maybe Arlene is telling some porkies its not like there is any form there lol
The DUP are telling porkies.
There is no way forward for the UK as is

Dodds is talking shite

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/05/pressure-grows-on-theresa-may-as-dup-reveals-brexit-shock

Dodds added: "We will not allow any settlement to be agreed which causes a divergence, politically or economically, of Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK, because to do so would not just be politically damaging but would be economically catastrophic for everyone in Northern Ireland – unionist, nationalist, Brexiter or remainer."

Brexit might contract UK GDP by 10%.
It has already cost DUP voters £400 per annum via higher food prices.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

vallankumous

Quote from: seafoid on December 06, 2017, 10:52:33 AM

The DUP are telling porkies.
There is no way forward for the UK as is

Dodds is talking shite

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/05/pressure-grows-on-theresa-may-as-dup-reveals-brexit-shock

Dodds added: "We will not allow any settlement to be agreed which causes a divergence, politically or economically, of Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK, because to do so would not just be politically damaging but would be economically catastrophic for everyone in Northern Ireland – unionist, nationalist, Brexiter or remainer."

Brexit might contract UK GDP by 10%.
It has already cost DUP voters £400 per annum via higher food prices.

This is crawling back from their position last week which was - all and everything out.

Now they can agree a soft brexit and say - well it could have been worse.

Denn Forever

Leo Varaker is now the latest effigy the lads will have to perfect for the 12th, as if they are not busy enough.

What is this wording that the Irish government wanted the British government to include in the document (oh, and don't tell the DUP.  Let it be a surprise).
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

One definition of an ideologue is a person who responds to the collision of opinion with reality by insisting that reality must yield.

Nigel Dodds is wasting his time blaming Dublin. Brexit will hammer Protestant living standards  . Brexit is the catastrophe.

Imagine the Shinners running an ad campaign about saving presbyterian pensions.  In Ulster Scots 

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2017/1206/925373-brexit-documents/

Britain's Brexit minister has said leaving the EU will provoke a "paradigm change" in the UK economy in a similar way to the financial crash of 2008

Brexit Secretary David Davis told MPs that in such circumstances any assessment of the potential impact of the change on various sectors of British industry using existing economic models would not necessarily be "informative" about the likely outcome.

He confirmed that no impact assessments had been conducted by the government on the likely results of Brexit for individual sectors, such as automotive, aerospace or financial services.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Has the DUP not got a point when they say an Irish Sea border will harm east west trade,and most of the North's goods go to the UK?

vallankumous

Quote from: T Fearon on December 06, 2017, 11:46:16 AM
Has the DUP not got a point when they say an Irish Sea border will harm east west trade,and most of the North's goods go to the UK?

Not if there is 'regulatory alignment'

MoChara

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 06, 2017, 11:18:36 AM
Leo Varaker is now the latest effigy the lads will have to perfect for the 12th, as if they are not busy enough.

What is this wording that the Irish government wanted the British government to include in the document (oh, and don't tell the DUP.  Let it be a surprise).

Aye but Leo's three birds with one stone, so overall its gonna be less work burning him that individual effigies of Taigs, Gays and foreign looking lads.

Syferus

Quote from: vallankumous on December 06, 2017, 10:31:16 AM
Quote from: Minder on December 06, 2017, 10:14:09 AM
Some hardline Tory Brexiteers put the scuppers on it too apparently, read something in the Times last night that those at "the top of the DUP", including Foster I assume, where content to let it go through but when it was leaked others like Sammy Wilson and some Tories put the pressure on.

They're on board or getting on board.

The best bit of political wizardry i've seen in years.
In just one day all Brexiteers soften, Remainers softened and Varadkar was the pawn that's left looking the fool. Brilliant. That's what ye get when you go to Brussels and 10 Downing street and get giddy at the fact you're there like a tourist. They played him well.

And we fooled ourselves into thinking the north was an issue. After 50 years of Europe and London not giving a single sh1t about the north we all suddenly felt they cared. Fools that we are. This foolery will continue however as we discuss Brexit in our little bubble while decisions are made in London and Brussels.

I don't know what news story you've been following to hold such an out there opinion but forcing the entire UK to stay in the the single market by holding firm on the border issue would be a far better outcome for Ireland than what was on offer on Monday.

This is a win-win scenario for Ireland and the government has played their hand very well so far.

Milltown Row2

So this was on Spotlight last night, the DUP lad (who was not your ordinary DUP'er, though it did creep out somethimes) was saying that obviously the bigger trade would be with GB and because of the 'agreement' that they wouldnt be able to trade in GB? i thought the main thing was to be able to trade both in the GB and down South, thus keeping the border open and trade open between all of Ireland..

So are you saying that NI wouldnt be able to trade with the British mainland?

Obviously the Irish comapnies wouldnt be able to trade across the water, and why would they?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

No because the sea border will only prevent British goods that aren't compliant with regulations coming into Ireland.Goods made to a higher regulation can still go the other way as they exceed UK regs, if that is the case. If the UK regs are higher then the said goods will be more than EU compliant. There are certain agricultural products that can't currently be imported to NI because of North/South convergence on food standards. If Sammy gets his hard brexit the farmers here won't need to worry about trading with the UK as with no farm supplement they will be out priced by Argentinian Beef, Australian Lamb and New Zealand Diary Produce.

Applesisapples

I have to say, as a Northern Nationalist with FF leanings I've been impressed by Coveney and Veradkar (nearly had to write theIndian there).

T Fearon

If I was a Northern nationalist I wouldn't have leanings at all to any Freestate party.What real interest have they shown in the North or reunification,apart from now when Brexit threatens their economy or to keep SF in check.

Say nothing about Christie Stalford,DUP,on Spotlight last night.He helped me beat a parking ticket rap on the Lisburn Road last July!

Like many other threads there is a lot of playing the man (the DUP) not the ball.They are not a bunch of raving bigots.Even Paisley in his hey Day attracted a lot of Catholic votes on account of his constituency work.

I have a fair degree of euroscepticism myself and voted remain last year holding my nose.EU membership didn't prevent the 26 counties going bankrupt a few years ago.

Rossfan

I presume the DUPUDA have now dropped their demand for a 12.5% Corporation tax rate in the 6Cos?
After all they surely wouldn't want to be different than "the rest of the UK".
Also they'll no doubt want gay marriage and a softer abortion regime so as not to differ from.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

It's as unlikely as SF declaring Catalonia and other regions have a right to independence but not the North of Ireland region.