Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The stars are aligning for Arsenal. Hard to see them being stopped at this stage.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

One thing that is noticeable is that Arsenal getting raw deal from VAR. Already have had two apologies this season and then today, how many stonewall penalties not given?

Milltown Row2

Think there was come obvious one, others today were not really stonewalls
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Think I scudded Trossard there. Sorry.

Not a pile on the bench there today and no real recognised striker.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

Not much sign of this Arsenal implosion yet.  A lot to like about this team.
That's just, like your opinion man.

trailer

Their Sheffield Wednesday moment. Can't lose it from here.

Mourne Red

Naive from Arteta today imo.. Thought the team selection was poor as if you're challenging for the league it's important to play your best team, Tomi was poor today and shouldn't have started ahead of Ben White.. Vieira grew into the game as it went on but we missed Xhaka down that left hand side with Zini pushing on leaves a lot of space down that side and they exploited it for their first goal.

Not sure why Smith-Rowe came off (subbed the sub) hopefully just managing his minutes but good to see Nelson grab the game by the scruff of the neck.. Done well on his loans but never had the confidence in an arsenal shirt

Jim Bob

Naive from Arteta 🤣🤣🤣

why don't you send him your number so you can keep him right before he picks his teams in the future 🙄🙄🙄🙄

ONeill

I'd agree with that to an extent about Arteta. His changes didn't work.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 04, 2023, 07:58:04 PM
Naive from Arteta 🤣🤣🤣

why don't you send him your number so you can keep him right before he picks his teams in the future 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Rotation for starting 11 was naive, was it not? Else he wouldn't have need change it at half time?.. Prem is priority play 2nd team or rotate in Europa league play strongest in the league because City are bearing down and need to win every game they way they go on a run

HiMucker

Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2023, 06:51:43 PM
Their Sheffield Wednesday moment. Can't lose it from here.
You are the oracle of sport trailer lol

HiMucker

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 04, 2023, 07:03:10 PM
Naive from Arteta today imo.. Thought the team selection was poor as if you're challenging for the league it's important to play your best team, Tomi was poor today and shouldn't have started ahead of Ben White.. Vieira grew into the game as it went on but we missed Xhaka down that left hand side with Zini pushing on leaves a lot of space down that side and they exploited it for their first goal.

Not sure why Smith-Rowe came off (subbed the sub) hopefully just managing his minutes but good to see Nelson grab the game by the scruff of the neck.. Done well on his loans but never had the confidence in an arsenal shirt
aye he's an absolute clown  :D

HiMucker

Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2023, 08:01:20 PM
No way. If you are a tittle challenging team you can't be perfect or slick all the time. The measure is when you are put up against it. Today was one of those days. Arteta and the team answered that. Superb result and cone back.

Mourne Red

Quote from: HiMucker on March 04, 2023, 08:55:02 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on March 04, 2023, 07:03:10 PM

aye he's an absolute clown  :D

Didn't say he was a clown did I? Said it was Naive to rotate in crunch game and it was, Tomiasyu was completely off the pace and Veiria was off the pace first half too.. he corrected it at half time by bringing Ben White on and I hope that will stand to him, same when he chased the game at Old Trafford earlier in the season he learned from that

ONeill

Quote from: HiMucker on March 04, 2023, 08:59:25 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2023, 08:01:20 PM
No way. If you are a tittle challenging team you can't be perfect or slick all the time. The measure is when you are put up against it. Today was one of those days. Arteta and the team answered that. Superb result and cone back.

That's fair enough too. I just thought that with the Europa on the horizon, it wasn't the time to not start the best 11 so far this year. But it turned out ok.

Is there a striker atall in the panel fit? Who do you start on Thursday.

Tierney, keeper, Vieira, Nelson, Holding and Tomiyasu?