Ulster JFC/IFC 2022

Started by DownFanatic, October 03, 2022, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Drumlane 1-8 Craigbane 0-10 in the junior preliminary round.
Watched the stream of it and the Craigbane No.11 was red carded about 12 mins in. Idiotic as they likely win if he stays on the pitch.

general_lee

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 26, 2022, 02:55:45 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 25, 2022, 10:15:23 AM
More and more its the dual clubs coming to the fore. The purists will hate it
Are Dunloy not the only dual club representing their county across all Ulster football competitions?
Sleacht Neill

general_lee

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 31, 2022, 11:01:32 AM
Quote from: general_lee on October 30, 2022, 03:31:34 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 26, 2022, 02:55:45 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 25, 2022, 10:15:23 AM
More and more its the dual clubs coming to the fore. The purists will hate it
Are Dunloy not the only dual club representing their county across all Ulster football competitions?
Sleacht Neill
??
Glen will be representing Derry.
They're a dual club and they won Derry SHC?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 31, 2022, 11:09:10 AM
I said representing their county in an Ulster football competition.

What I mean is....of the 27 clubs in Ulster who won a county football title this year only Dunloy and Derrynoose (thanks Harold) are dual clubs.

I think.

Dungloe, Letterkenny Gaels

general_lee

What I mean is....of the 27 clubs in Ulster who won a county football title this year only Dunloy and Derrynoose (thanks Harold) are dual clubs.

I think.
I was responding to the right honourable gentleman FBnS who said dual clubs were coming to the fore.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on October 31, 2022, 11:55:28 AM

I think.
I was responding to the right honourable gentleman FBnS who said dual clubs were coming to the fore.

Which they are. Let not county champions be the only demarker of that..

In Derry 6 of the 8 hurling clubs are dual and the other 2 would have big crossover with neighbouring football clubs 
Nothing new but spreading.

Interesting that 11 of Derry's 19 football all stars were also hurlers - mckaigue the latest

tintin25

Any odds available on the Junior games this weekend?

clarshack

Ulster JFC

Quarter Finals

05/11/22 -

Teconnaught (Down) v Stewartstown (Tyrone)

06/11/22 -

Derrynoose (Armagh) v Letterkenny Gaels (Donegal)
Newtownbutler (Fermanagh) v Pearses (Antrim)
Clones (Monaghan) v Drumlane (Cavan)

Ulster IFC

Preliminary Round - 05/11/22

Shane O'Neill's (Armagh) v Corduff (Monaghan)

clarshack

Thought we were relentless in the 1st half today against Teconnaught but then eased off slightly in the 2nd half however our second goal from Mannies was from a brilliant move. Overall a good experience for our lads to be playing in Pairc Esler as it's a great ground.

Some good ties tomorrow in Junior to look forward to.

square_ball

Stewartstown will walk that Junior Ulster Championship. The game was over after 10 minutes yesterday.

tintin25

Quote from: square_ball on November 06, 2022, 11:05:41 AM
Stewartstown will walk that Junior Ulster Championship. The game was over after 10 minutes yesterday.

Yeah, much too strong for Junior grade in fairness.  Good chance of winning the whole thing.

nrico2006

Quote from: tintin25 on November 06, 2022, 11:52:38 AM
Quote from: square_ball on November 06, 2022, 11:05:41 AM

Yeah, much too strong for Junior grade in fairness.  Good chance of winning the whole thing.

Haven't watched them in years, but how big a loss are Shea Burke and Shea O'Neill? Is Burke their main man or is it still Devlin?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

Open to correction from Clarshak but Dan Lowe and Gareth Devlin are still their main men I'd say. Strong up the middle too with a few more Devlins floating about and Macauley Quinn is excellent as well. To be honest I haven't really seen much from those other 2 names mentioned.

Harold Disgracey

Half-time Derrynoose 1-7 0-3 Letterkenny.

Throw ball

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on November 06, 2022, 02:09:47 PM
Half-time Derrynoose 1-7 0-3 Letterkenny.

How can a town the size of Letterkenny be junior? Are there other teams in area?