Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 14, 2020, 08:40:27 PM
Just cancelled trip to France for start of July

Not worth worrying about it for the next 3 months

Meant to go to Salou end of May I'm cancelling f**k all yet until I can get my money back on it!

Not really worried to be honest what will be will be but until I can get the go ahead I'm getting money back I'm not changing anything. If Spain is free to travel to at that time I'll make a call as to whether it's safe for us to go or not but no point guessing at this stage with so much money involved!

Itchy

Whole family paid 3k for holiday in Spain at end of June. Looks like I will be cancelling that and out of pocket. Still 3k is cheap for the well being of my family.

BennyCake

I feel for those out of pocket, but I suppose health takes priority.

I'm just glad I holiday in ireland every year, and don't usually book until nearer the summer.

charlieTully

Have ibiza booked for June wife myself and 2 children. TUI emailed Thursday saying all was still on. I've paid 800 quid deposit and due to pay the balance by first of April. Thinking just take the hit and pay no more. Won't be going anywhere now regardless but I'm reluctant to fork out another 1400 quid and risk it all. 800 I can live with.

ardtole

I would do the same Ct, no winners with this virus. It's a very scary few months ahead of us all.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: charlieTully on March 15, 2020, 07:02:16 PM
Have ibiza booked for June wife myself and 2 children. TUI emailed Thursday saying all was still on. I've paid 800 quid deposit and due to pay the balance by first of April. Thinking just take the hit and pay no more. Won't be going anywhere now regardless but I'm reluctant to fork out another 1400 quid and risk it all. 800 I can live with.
I can't see this improving any time in the next 6 months so probably the best course of action. The middle fella has a school trip to Barcelona at end of June which I can't see going ahead. Eldest fella supposed to be on a school trip to NY in December. Hopefully that will go ahead.

All a boot in the balls financially but health is more important.

Milltown Row2

Was with our friends who we booked holiday in Portugal, all booked and paid for by his credit card, I've paid for it to him, he's said that his card will cover if holiday is cancelled via operator, money back. Which is something
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Why the rush to cancel? Is holiday insurance paying out easy? I have Ibiza in June but am not being hasty yet. Wee girl has a P7 trip to London in a month too. Wonder if they will happen and if not will I get my money back?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 15, 2020, 08:22:25 PM
Why the rush to cancel? Is holiday insurance paying out easy? I have Ibiza in June but am not being hasty yet. Wee girl has a P7 trip to London in a month too. Wonder if they will happen and if not will I get my money back?
I've cancelled nothing yet but I'd expect the school holiday in June to get binned by the way Spain is going. Your daughter may get her trip to London but I'd expect the itinerary will be severely curtailed if businesses are closing. However, nowhere better to just do outdoors sightseeing.

bennydorano

Meant to be  for Majorca in 5 weeks for a cycling event and Ibiza in July with family, I'd imagine both are screwed, lockdowns are not the end of restrictions, only part of the eradication process. Cant imagine being in a very holiday state of mind if my Ibiza trip was still on.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on March 15, 2020, 08:40:42 PM
Meant to be  for Majorca in 5 weeks for a cycling event and Ibiza in July with family, I'd imagine both are screwed, lockdowns are not the end of restrictions, only part of the eradication process. Cant imagine being in a very holiday state of mind if my Ibiza trip was still on.
Agree, sure most places will probably resemble something from a zombie movie. Coming from Strabane Nrico is well used to it.

screenexile

Should have said I have insurance and currently all non essential travel to Spain is banned.

If this remains the case Insurance have said they'll pay out... they are revising the situation on April 1st.

A lot can happen in 2 months so fingers crossed the medical services can get a handle on things. Hopefully they do for everyone's sake.

Don Johnson

Quote from: square_ball on March 14, 2020, 11:07:00 AM
Jet2 cancelling flights and holidays to Spain including Canary Islands this morning. Does this effect anyone? I am due to go to Lanzarote 1st week of June with the wife and kids. Haven't a clue what way this leaves me now or even what to do. Cancel and lose the deposit or wait and see?

I had us booked for May to Salou, the final payment was due this morning (I had already extended the date as long as I could) and it wouldn't let me cancel online, said I had to ring. So I said f**k it on Friday morning i'll ring now, thought I would forget to ring yesterday. Was on hold for about 40 mins. Got it cancelled then, lost my £180 deposit. If I'd waited less than a day to Saturday I'd have got the lot back! f**k.

square_ball

Quote from: Don Johnson on March 16, 2020, 10:09:06 AM
Quote from: square_ball on March 14, 2020, 11:07:00 AM
Jet2 cancelling flights and holidays to Spain including Canary Islands this morning. Does this effect anyone? I am due to go to Lanzarote 1st week of June with the wife and kids. Haven't a clue what way this leaves me now or even what to do. Cancel and lose the deposit or wait and see?

I had us booked for May to Salou, the final payment was due this morning (I had already extended the date as long as I could) and it wouldn't let me cancel online, said I had to ring. So I said f**k it on Friday morning i'll ring now, thought I would forget to ring yesterday. Was on hold for about 40 mins. Got it cancelled then, lost my £180 deposit. If I'd waited less than a day to Saturday I'd have got the lot back! f**k.

I have managed to extend the final payment for another 2 weeks to the end of March so will just have to play it by ear until then. I can't imagine the situation will change much in those 2 weeks. Would you have got the whole lot back if you'd have waited the extra day?

Gold

I was due to fly to Marrakesh from Belfast at 6am on Sat there for 4 nights. Belfast started a route there in Oct...Sat and Wed flights only.

Only cancelled it at midnight 6 hours before take off, checked in, packed, the whole lot....luckily with easyjet i could change flights for free but with the Marrakesh route stopping at end of March i had to hastily decide where else to go to (not many places to pick from from Belfast). Anyway, changed to Barcelona for a week at end of August...hopefully everything is normal by then

Id a friend was in Marrakesh for a week until Wed there, no issues and had a great time. They had only 3 covid cases in Morocco so we were still hopeful it would be ok.  Things all changed on Friday night with flights being refused entry to Morocco from France and Spain. Put the frighteners up us....sure enough Ireland and UK followed on sunday there, everyone is stuck in Marrakesh airport now hoping for rescue flights...sounds like hell god help them..best decision i ever made not to go. Was pay on arrival at the hotel. We were well past the date of free cancellation but they agreed not to charge us given the circumstances....we will defo return to that hotel...absolute legends

On top of this we were due to be at a friends wedding in Vilamoura, Algarve for 3 nights at the end of April. Theyre both living in Oz and just yesterday had to cancel the Wedding. Gutted for them, theyd been planning it for 2 years and are devastated

This is like a bad movie, hopefully it isnt as bad as predicted and we come through it soon
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."