Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on February 11, 2020, 11:48:57 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 11, 2020, 11:41:12 AM
Quote from: clarshack on February 11, 2020, 11:26:15 AM
Tadhg Kennelly and Martin Clarke made big impacts for their counties on return from the AFL. I think McKenna could make the same impact for Tyrone. It's not as if he is coming home after suffering a serious injury like Tommy Walsh did.

I'd imagine it would take him time to get back up to speed, tactically the game will have changed a lot but if he's back for good, I'd expect him to have established himself as one of the game's elite players in the next two years.

I think that's a more realistic timescale for him to have a major impact. Be very hard to see him making a huge impact this season IF he's back for good. I have seen an article where sources at the club expect him back for their first match at the end of the month.

Be great to see him back but I dont think we should count our chickens yet. Some change in outlook between today and this day last week . . .

There's a mini wave of euphoria and optimism with the news of McShane staying, a win over Kerry and now a buzz around McKenna. Hopefully that can tap into his mind when he's home and I'd be certain Mickey Harte will be calling around for a chat......
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Eire90 on February 11, 2020, 11:42:42 AM
Im sure they can find him s cushy job at some firm in tyrone.
Home for an interview in keystone

Ethan Tremblay

I would imagine his trip home will be short lived and is just an excursion before the season starts.

The afl league kicks off in March and can run to the end of September potentially.  With games every week ideally this is the time to do it. 

He is a star in the team over there, and given his situation I'm sure they are allowing him some allowances, as he is sacrificing more than most players on the team being there. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Angelo

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on February 11, 2020, 12:46:35 PM
I would imagine his trip home will be short lived and is just an excursion before the season starts.

The afl league kicks off in March and can run to the end of September potentially.  With games every week ideally this is the time to do it. 

He is a star in the team over there, and given his situation I'm sure they are allowing him some allowances, as he is sacrificing more than most players on the team being there.

It seems very close to the season to be sanctioning it.

I could be getting my hopes up but there seems to be a lot more to it and I'd be hopeful he might decide to stay in Tyrone.

GlenMan

Ciaran McLaughlin and Conan Grugan have left the panel.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GlenMan on February 11, 2020, 02:28:32 PM

Since when? They were both on the line on Sunday.

If true it's probably fair enough from each player and equally no loss to the panel. Both have been knocking around for quite a while now without making an impact and were well down the pecking order. When Grugan rejoined the panel last year I thought he would make a bigger impression but he seemed to struggle with injuries last year and to be honest he's been disappointing in most of the chances he's got.

GetOverTheBar

Omagh on the other hand just became interesting as a Championship bet.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 11, 2020, 02:41:17 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on February 11, 2020, 02:28:32 PM

Since when? They were both on the line on Sunday.

If true it's probably fair enough from each player and equally no loss to the panel. Both have been knocking around for quite a while now without making an impact and were well down the pecking order. When Grugan rejoined the panel last year I thought he would make a bigger impression but he seemed to struggle with injuries last year and to be honest he's been disappointing in most of the chances he's got.

I have to agree here. McLaughlin is a solid player but well behind those in front of him. In terms of Grugan, without doubt a classy operator but just think he is a level below what is needed to be a prominent figure in that Tyrone side. However majority of people in Omagh St Enda's would strongly disagree with that. They rate him extremely highly and maybe that hasn't stood to him. I think he probably expects to me making more of an impact than he has.

Angelo

I had high hopes that Grugan would establish himself as a starter when he rejoined the panel. He's been massively disappointing, for a midfielder he simply doesn't impose himself on the game. Seems to be behind Cavanagh, Kilpatrick, Kennedy, McDonnell and R Donnelly in the midfield area so I think the writing is on the wall there.

McLaughlin again has plenty of options in front of him, don't think either are in with a shot of breaking into the side.

nrico2006

Quote from: Christmas Lights on February 11, 2020, 10:09:14 AM
If Conor McKenna comes home and is straight into the Tyrone panel, it will be some addition and will massively boost Tyrones chances of an AI title win. 

Imagine a forward line consisting of McCurry, Sludden, Harte, Matty D, McShane, Conor McKenna

Now thats fire power.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Mickey Harte is the man.  Incredible manager and best man for the job.  Gets McShane to stay and gets Conor McKenna home.  Anyone who wants MH out of the setup would need to have their heads checked.

Imagine that forward line with Lee Brennan in the mix too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Pearse Blue

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 11, 2020, 03:25:47 PM
If Conor McKenna comes home and is straight into the Tyrone panel, it will be some addition and will massively boost Tyrones chances of an AI title win. 

Imagine a forward line consisting of McCurry, Sludden, Harte, Matty D, McShane, Conor McKenna

Now thats fire power.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Mickey Harte is the man.  Incredible manager and best man for the job.  Gets McShane to stay and gets Conor McKenna home.  Anyone who wants MH out of the setup would need to have their heads checked.

Who is he again??

The_Slug

Quote from: Pearse Blue on February 11, 2020, 03:44:51 PM

Now thats fire power.

Who is he again??

i would be more interested in mcaliskey or bradley being put into that forward line

inroundthesquare

Quote from: The_Slug on February 11, 2020, 04:02:55 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on February 11, 2020, 03:44:51 PM

Now thats fire power.

Who is he again??

i would be more interested in mcaliskey or bradley being put into that forward line

Or Darragh Canavan when he makes the step up

An Watcher

It's no canavan, o'neill, mulligan, dooher, mcguigan but would be an improvement on recent years

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'