Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:45:08 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 05, 2020, 08:34:32 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:21:24 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 05, 2020, 08:17:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:13:53 PM
You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.
So the experts know more than us, but you know more than the experts after 24 hours of reading? Got it.  ;D
You'd know more about a big loaf.

You think they know more.

Look follow them. Listen to them. Go for it. What've you got to lose except you're life. You think they're right. That they know what's going on. That they know what they're doing. That's fine.
But forgive me when I don't listen to them. That I think they've got it wrong. That I think they're a bunch of clowns who're making it up as they go along.
So by adhering to the lockdown restrictions and social distancing measures which massively reduces exposure to the virus, i am therefore putting my life at risk, but you who doesn't or refuses to adhere to this are actually going to be safer off? 
By not leaving the house, i am more at risk? Right got it.  ;D
You tear away. Go you visit your elderly relatives, go back to work and meet up with others and all the rest etc etc. Don't come crying when you're breathing through a machine because the science is wrong  ;D Clampit

That's not what I'm saying. I've been clear and cannot be clearer.

WHO - Got it wrong
UK Government advisors have got it wrong.

FFS why are people defending them? Even the loyal Tory press are calling them out.
The science got it wrong hence this draconian lockdown. If they'd took the right steps initially lives would have been saved. But no you think these frauds are right. They know what they're doing. I hope you're right.
You haven't been clear.
You have yet to explain why you think they have got it wrong, or given your opinion as to what you think should have happened instead.
All you have contributed are aimless whines and bs soundbites like "the game is up" or "the experts are wrong" with no logic behind them.
The brits have shown their incompetence with the likes of testing and shortage of PPE, just compare them with Germany.
However, "the science" that you yap on about, which is to reduce everyone's exposure to the virus is necessary and obvious, you don't have to be a scientist to know that it's the right thing to do.

Smurfy123

Sage Government Journalist All useless in this
Sage Bad advice
Government clueless
Journalist ask the same questions at briefings

Now I could see feel for this if we were caught unawares
But Christ of god everyone could see what was coming over the 
Italy was giving us a 3/4 week time to get things right

When Italy were getting the deaths everyone was saying close the place down now and save life's
But no th British government held on and held on
They should have had lockdown 3 weeks earlier and we would be coming out of it now with 10000 less deaths
But no sure go ahead and dig the heals in
In those 3 weeks when things should have been shut
Cheltenham 230000
Liverpool Madrid 60000
All soccer matches throughout England for 2 weeks Millions
Johnstone
Raab
Cummins
Hancock
All have a lot to answer for when this is over

HiMucker

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:21:24 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 05, 2020, 08:17:24 PM
You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.
So the experts know more than us, but you know more than the experts after 24 hours of reading? Got it.  ;D
You'd know more about a big loaf.

You think they know more.

Look follow them. Listen to them. Go for it. What've you got to lose except you're life. You think they're right. That they know what's going on. That they know what they're doing. That's fine.
But forgive me when I don't listen to them. That I think they've got it wrong. That I think they're a bunch of clowns who're making it up as they go along.
Right you tell us what the f**k we should do then? You've been asked this a few times now and can't answer! The games up, your a fraud a bluffer.

Captain Obvious

The UK with the most coronavirus deaths in Europe now.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah it wasnt any old govt scientist that broke the lockdown rules it was only bladdy the Neil Ferguson boyo!

Yer man that had 500k dead or something

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:45:08 PM
That's not what I'm saying. I've been clear and cannot be clearer.

UK Government advisors have got it wrong.

FFS why are people defending them? Even the loyal Tory press are calling them out.

Who is defending the UK govt advisors in this thread?
i usse an speelchekor

LeoMc

Can you come back to me in 24 hours and tell me how all the deaths could have been avoided?

Smurfy123

Thousands of deaths could and should have been avoided
Earlier lockdown on the elderly
Testing earlier
Carehomes should have been attended to first

marty34

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 05, 2020, 10:35:45 PM
Thousands of deaths could and should have been avoided
Earlier lockdown on the elderly
Testing earlier
Carehomes should have been attended to first

In fairness, nobody mentioned Care aHomes at the start, nobody.

Hindsight is wonderful.

Smurfy123

Nobody mentioned carehomes at the start?
Are you having a laugh?

larryin89

How do people see this panning out in the long term , say twelve months from now , will there still be a "new normal " ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Main Street

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 05, 2020, 05:04:00 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 05, 2020, 04:45:29 PMI would also expect the governments now regret closing schools.

Absolutely not.

1 family contracts virus.

Their kid goes into school.

30 kids contract virus.

30 families contract virus.

The siblings of those 30 families go into school.

30^x kids contract virus

30^x families contract virus

Health service overwhelmed.
What particular research is all that based upon?
The only legitimate research I have come across maintains that transmission of corona virus  in primary schools/pre schools  to be very low or absent.
And in two countries South Korea and Iceland, which kept pre-school and primary schools open in this time of covid-19, nothing has happened to deviate from that research opinion. And this is in two countries which have test, trace and quarantine down to an art form. If something happened, it would have been discovered.

Taylor

Quote from: Main Street on May 05, 2020, 11:59:35 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 05, 2020, 05:04:00 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 05, 2020, 04:45:29 PMI would also expect the governments now regret closing schools.

Absolutely not.

1 family contracts virus.

Their kid goes into school.

30 kids contract virus.

30 families contract virus.

The siblings of those 30 families go into school.

30^x kids contract virus

30^x families contract virus

Health service overwhelmed.
What particular research is all that based upon?
The only legitimate research I have come across maintains that transmission of corona virus  in primary schools/pre schools  to be very low or absent.
And in two countries South Korea and Iceland, which kept pre-school and primary schools open in this time of covid-19, nothing has happened to deviate from that research opinion. And this is in two countries which have test, trace and quarantine down to an art form. If something happened, it would have been discovered.

Iceland stayed open - SK closed

imtommygunn

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 05, 2020, 05:59:52 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2020, 05:50:15 PM
It's mind numbing. The press have all day to think of a question. It's usually.... give us a date for something in the future. Or... From the public... When can I hug my grandson?

Q: "Leaving aside timelines, what are the steps that are needed to get things back on their feet?"

Q:"Why are your testing targets only half that of Germany?"

Q:"Why are medics continuing to have to buy their own PPE? How come they can obtain it in their limited spare time outside of work whereas you with your legions of civil servants cannot?"

Q:"What PPE providers are you in contact with? Here are additional providers that have contacted me saying they cannot get through to your civil servants. I will be talking to them tomorrow to verify they have been contacted by your minions, if they haven't expect I will expect a full explanation of why not."

Its long past time the press started getting a little hostile, grew a set of balls and challenged their lies.

Talking to a few people who work in the "front line" one of the biggest scandals to them is dyson making the extra ventilators. The reckoning is that the ones that work are about as advanced as ventilators from the 70s. Dyson were given this contract having never made ventilators before from what I can tell.  Questions need to be asked on this front too. Highly suspicious.

The Tory newspapers are not calling out the tories as they should be. It's not just about mistakes - it's the lies, the cronyism and the complicit media in the whole thing. The uk is an absolute shambles and is fundamentally broken.

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 05, 2020, 05:07:04 PM
Quote from: five points on May 05, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
All the evidence from the outset though was that the virus doesn't affect children. It's since been shown that they don't even carry it.

WTF.

They do get it, they do carry it. Kids have died from it.

A higher proportion of them will have mild symptoms compared to adults, but that does not stop them carrying and spreading it.

The Swiss medical authorities disagree.
The science is all over the place on this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-swiss-children-under-10-allowed-to-hug-grandparents-as-they-do-not-transmit-covid-19-11980568