China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: J70 on May 05, 2020, 07:20:13 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 07:14:54 PM
Anyone defending the science or those delivering it are part of the problem. They've got it wrong. They're making it up as they go along. They don't know what they're doing. The game is up. People see these frauds for what they are, bluffers and chancers.

So who and what are you relying on trailer?

Certainly not information from an amateur organisation that took China's word for it or indeed the U.K. governments who are in charge of the 2nd worst death toll in the world!
Time everyone woke up.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2020, 07:38:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 07:37:14 PM
Anyone defending the science or those delivering it are part of the problem. They've got it wrong. They're making it up as they go along. They don't know what they're doing. The game is up. People see these frauds for what they are, bluffers and chancers.

Certainly not information from an amateur organisation that took China's word for it or indeed the U.K. governments who are in charge of the 2nd worst death toll in the world!
Time everyone woke up.
He didn't ask what you're not relying on. It's best if you answered the question.

The science is extremely flawed. I trust none of it. The so called experts have been proven wrong. These are the facts and they're are undisputed.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:04:52 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2020, 07:38:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 07:37:14 PM

Time everyone woke up.
He didn't ask what you're not relying on. It's best if you answered the question.

The science is extremely flawed. I trust none of it. The so called experts have been proven wrong. These are the facts and they're are undisputed.
Not facts at all. Can you explain how a lockdown to minimise the spread of the infection is scientifically wrong, or what you would suggest in its place?

Maroon Manc

Are the Swiss still letting kids under 10 hug their grandparents?

trailer

You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:13:53 PM
You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.
So the experts know more than us, but you know more than the experts after 24 hours of reading? Got it.  ;D
You'd know more about a big loaf.

trailer

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 05, 2020, 08:17:24 PM
So the experts know more than us, but you know more than the experts after 24 hours of reading? Got it.  ;D

You think they know more.

Look follow them. Listen to them. Go for it. What've you got to lose except you're life. You think they're right. That they know what's going on. That they know what they're doing. That's fine.
But forgive me when I don't listen to them. That I think they've got it wrong. That I think they're a bunch of clowns who're making it up as they go along.

J70

That is one of the most stunningly ignorant and idiotic comments I've ever read on this board.

OgraAnDun

Ffs lads there's no point getting wound up over it, he's getting a kick out of people engaging with him

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: thewobbler on May 05, 2020, 06:54:42 PM
Maybe so. Maybe I am just one of those conspiracy theorist types.

Personally I like the balance in this paper which I saw a few years later. The author was widely outspoken against y2k panic in the run up to the millennium, but this is not an I Told You So piece. I was always taken by the last paragraph.

https://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/id/eprint/1147/1/14.5_y2kpiece.pdf

Written by a true academic.

He's obviously never been signatory on anything that might come back to land him in jail for professional negligence.

That attitude of his is closely related to the missteps of SAGE in this clusterfuck. A pack of academics which got tunnel vision on the back of their theoretical models and were not pragmatic enough when the inputs & assumptions were very much without foundation.

Its OK saying "ah, sure it'll be grand next time" when your in a university office. Not so much if your responsible for the life savings of millions - or if you have 300 people airborne relying on engines to keep turning. Verifying & Validating software usually takes much more time than writing said code.

I'll admit Y2K was over-egged, but it was over-egged to take advantage of the ignorance of corporate executives to get badly needed capital expenditure done. That does not mean the problem didn't exist. It did. The measures taken eradicated the vulnerabilities before they became problems... and the IT infrastructure of many companies were brought into the 21st century off the back of it.

edit: 'cos I can't type
i usse an speelchekor

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:21:24 PM

Look follow them. Listen to them. Go for it. What've you got to lose except you're life. You think they're right. That they know what's going on. That they know what they're doing. That's fine.
But forgive me when I don't listen to them. That I think they've got it wrong. That I think they're a bunch of clowns who're making it up as they go along.
So by adhering to the lockdown restrictions and social distancing measures which massively reduces exposure to the virus, i am therefore putting my life at risk, but you who doesn't or refuses to adhere to this are actually going to be safer off? 
By not leaving the house, i am more at risk? Right got it.  ;D
You tear away. Go you visit your elderly relatives, go back to work and meet up with others and all the rest etc etc. Don't come crying when you're breathing through a machine because the science is wrong  ;D Clampit

trailer

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 05, 2020, 08:34:32 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:21:24 PM

So by adhering to the lockdown restrictions and social distancing measures which massively reduces exposure to the virus, i am therefore putting my life at risk, but you who doesn't or refuses to adhere to this are actually going to be safer off? 
By not leaving the house, i am more at risk? Right got it.  ;D
You tear away. Go you visit your elderly relatives, go back to work and meet up with others and all the rest etc etc. Don't come crying when you're breathing through a machine because the science is wrong  ;D Clampit

That's not what I'm saying. I've been clear and cannot be clearer.

WHO - Got it wrong
UK Government advisors have got it wrong.

FFS why are people defending them? Even the loyal Tory press are calling them out.
The science got it wrong hence this draconian lockdown. If they'd took the right steps initially lives would have been saved. But no you think these frauds are right. They know what they're doing. I hope you're right.

trailer

f**k me it's just come out one of the gov scientists broke lockdown rules to meet his married lover! Like f**k me could it be any clearer that these arseholes are frauds? The Scottish CMO also broke lockdown. Like does it apply or not? Jesus Christ!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:49:37 PM
f**k me it's just come out one of the gov scientists broke lockdown rules to meet his married lover! Like f**k me could it be any clearer that these arseholes are frauds? The Scottish CMO also broke lockdown. Like does it apply or not? Jesus Christ!

Did Nesbitt not do that also? I'd say it's happening up and down (no pun intended) the country
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

I cannot understand how anyone can defend these frauds with any credibility.