China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Has there ever been a bigger fool in charge of the UK?

Rossfan

Hopefully he'll be the cause of breaking it up.

Meanwhile
https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0510/1137530-northern-ireland-coronavirus/
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on May 10, 2020, 06:58:03 PM
They'd have hard job, ROI Government likes to keep things secret from the NI administration for some reason.

Because they are eejits, perhaps?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Aristo 60

Lying in bed last night it struck me I haven't heard the phrase 'single use plastic' much this last 7 weeks. Also, what has become of Greta Thundercat?

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on May 10, 2020, 10:13:26 PM
They'd have hard job, ROI Government likes to keep things secret from the NI administration for some reason.

That is a given but I don't think so.
- Leo grandstanding
- Rubbing SF noses in it N&S. I think it's finally dawned on MON what's she's dealing with
- Not giving one flying f**k about the North in general
- Being seen to appear be ahead of the game (& UK)

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on May 10, 2020, 10:32:59 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 10, 2020, 10:13:26 PM

That is a given but I don't think so.
- Leo grandstanding
- Rubbing SF noses in it N&S. I think it's finally dawned on MON what's she's dealing with
- Not giving one flying f**k about the North in general
- Being seen to appear be ahead of the game (& UK)

They had the meeting in Armagh at the start of this, Foster said we'll not cooperate, Varadkar wants things done and so he does the right thing without wasting time on Stormont. Stopping a  pandemic is hard enough without pandering to unionist bigotry.

bennydorano

Going to be hard to get an All Ireland consensus without wasting some of his time, if he used his Political skills he could hace gotten Unionists on board, but he wont by backing them into a political corner with 10 minutes advance notice of lockdown. To be honest I think he would have had more issues dealing with SF after the recent election.

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on May 10, 2020, 11:58:01 PM
Going to be hard to get an All Ireland consensus without wasting some of his time, if he used his Political skills he could hace gotten Unionists on board, but he wont by backing them into a political corner with 10 minutes advance notice of lockdown. To be honest I think he would have had more issues dealing with SF after the recent election.

If they refuse to have a proper policy there isn't much Leo can do about it. The WHO said you should test people and trace, yet Swann abandoned this at the first opportunity and did not consult Dublin about it.

Rossfan

It was all gung ho "we're Brits" etc in the beginning.
Now it's "variances in the regions of the UK" ...or in other words we should have gone with WHO advice like the Irish Government did and as Michelle O'Neill said.

bennydorano

That's the difference having a bit of time to make a rational (not a Political) decision makes, pity there wasn't more thought and coordination previously.  NI extended it's lockdown by 3 weeks on Thursday past btw.

Hereiam

Schools will not be opening this side of the summer. 😢😢😢

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on May 11, 2020, 12:35:29 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 10, 2020, 11:58:01 PM

If they refuse to have a proper policy there isn't much Leo can do about it. The WHO said you should test people and trace, yet Swann abandoned this at the first opportunity and did not consult Dublin about it.

Testing costs money. I doubt tracing will ever happen here. Which is sad when you look at how some of the Asian Countries who could be bothered got on with it.

Not sure how true it is, would need to check but seen a tweet during course of weekend where Japan (with the oldest population in the world) is having massive success (in comparison to the UK).

bennydorano

2 different articles in the Irish News today about ROI Government and their attitude to NI. 'Taoiseach accused of paying lip service to agreement between the 2 Governments' & 'Dublin socially distancing from North long before Coronavirus'.

Rossfan

mouview

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 11:09:12 AM
2 different articles in the Irish News today about ROI Government and their attitude to NI. 'Taoiseach accused of paying lip service to agreement between the 2 Governments' & 'Dublin socially distancing from North long before Coronavirus'.

What do they want 'Dublin' to do? Invade?