The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: magickingdom on August 24, 2008, 12:55:07 PM
what about that duke!!! i know your busy partying nail but i hope you put a few bob on him before you left... had e40 win at 4/5 so i'm happy

Na I am not away til wednesday! Aye I had backed the duke as well myself, another group one, murtagh some jockey. I had also layed New Approach on betfair as I heard it had been trained on the treadmills this week, knew that wouldn't be good!

Our Nail Loney

The pair set to meet again, looks liek more money for the duke

Leopardstown rematch for Champion duo

DUKE OF MARMALADE and Derby hero New Approach are set to meet once again in the Tattersalls Millions Irish Champion Stakes next month after the former ruled supreme in the Juddmonte Internationalat Newmarket.

The rescheduled clash of the generations spiced up what may have otherwise been a low-key afternoon at the course, and Duke Of Marmalade was brilliant as he scooped up his fifth Group 1 win of the season.

The King George winner was dropping back to a mile and a quarter under Johnny Murtagh, and there was no doubt of the regard in which he is held after his three-quarter-length success over the luckless Phoenix Tower.
His stablemate Red Rock Canyon towed the field through the early stages as Duke Of Marmalade sat handy, with New Approach pulling hard on his return from injury.

Jim Bolger's Classic winner was never in a position to challenge once the race began in earnest and had to settle for third.

O'Brien, winning his 18th Group 1 of the summer, said: "He is so special that you wonder if he is flesh and blood. If horses were made out of concrete and stone he would be made out of something harder.

"He had a very messy week as he came to England, spent a couple of hours here and then flew back.

"I was nervous as I wasn't sure what would happen, but it is a credit to those people who made it happen and it just shows what can happen when people get together.

"He is just one of those very special horses, and you can see that yourself.

"He will never win too far, which is probably to his advantage.

"If all is well with him the plan will be to go Leopardstown with him in two weeks for the Irish Champion Stakes." Murtagh added: "I had to wait an extra couple of days for it but it turned out to be a great race.

"He is so solid, so genuine and always turns up the same.

"His work is good, his temperament is good and when he turns up at the races you can guarantee he is going to put upa performance like that.

"I got a lovely run up the inside and got there sooner than I wanted to be. But I knew that when I asked for maximum effort that he would pull it out for me up the hill."

Bolger said of New Approach: "He's beaten but definitely not battered. He ran a good race and is obviously on the way back.

"We'll regroup and I'm sure you'll see a different horse in two weeks' time, I'm not using the ground as an excuse.

"It will be Leopardstown next for the Irish Champion Stakes."

William Hill trimmed Duke Of Marmalade into 4-5 from even money for the rematch, while New Approach is out to 100-30.

Betting - http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/irish-champion-stakes

Our Nail Loney

My boss' horse Inner Voice out today, 4.50 at downpatrick... It is around 7/1, up against that Green Mile that was fancied for the galway plate, was a tip around lurgan and other places as well, think t o hare was saying everyone in the bridhe was backing it...

Anyway the boss says it should place so I have backed it each way at 15/2...

Betting here - http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/downpatrick/16:50

Off The Fence

What price is the GReen Mile at the minute Nail?

Any other fancies in D'patrick today?

Our Nail Loney

Green mile 2/1 most places, 5/2 with will hill

Our Nail Loney

Also I fancy Conker Nails, the fave in the 3.40. Its about 7/4... Not a tip I am just gonna do it, Ruby on it...

Another personal favourite of mine... Dirtybirdie in the 5.25 2nd fave at around 4/1

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 25, 2008, 01:05:57 PM
Also I fancy Conker Nails, the fave in the 3.40. Its about 7/4... Not a tip I am just gonna do it, Ruby on it...

Another personal favourite of mine... Dirtybirdie in the 5.25 2nd fave at around 4/1

Downpatrick 3.40  Full Result 

1st  7 Spanish Parade (IRE)  11-2 
2nd  2 Baguenaud (FR)  8-1 
3rd  9 Banian (FR) 

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on August 25, 2008, 04:32:06 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 25, 2008, 01:05:57 PM

Downpatrick 3.40  Full Result 

1st  7 Spanish Parade (IRE)  11-2 
2nd  2 Baguenaud (FR)  8-1 
3rd  9 Banian (FR) 

Rub it in sure! I was only saying I fancy it!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Went to back that horse of your bosses Nail but lucky enough I'd thought the race was at 5 40 not 4 50 so at 5 o'clock I got the news it had already been beat!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Aye finished fourth, ah well only had ten each way on it, didnt go mad!

Raging they restricted the race to fifteen runners, if it had one more they would have paid the fourth place and would have got it...

Candyman

Right ONL I know your only home but start getting the tips up again..... I missed ye son!!!  ;)

Our Nail Loney

I am not back into work til tomorrow night.... Havent looked at a horse in over a week!

Puckoon

Except that young filly you rode on the beach.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Puckoon on September 04, 2008, 06:53:18 PM
Except that young filly you rode on the beach.

Scandalous!!

Lucky I didnt see sand the whole week else this could be slander!!