Kerry V Meath AI SF Semifinal 30th August 2009

Started by comethekingdom, August 09, 2009, 03:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailed On

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 09, 2009, 05:50:07 PM
Quote from: Nailed On on August 09, 2009, 05:48:43 PM
Kerry into 11/10 favourites for Sam now with Paddy Power due to their 'easy' semi final...

Sure what do the bookies know - hadn't they the Dubs odds on last Monday.

Yeah you have said that a couple of times now, well done.

Mike Sheehy

Kerry into 11/10 favourites for Sam now with Paddy Power due to their 'easy' semi final...

Quote from: Nailed On on August 09, 2009, 05:42:16 PM
Kerry now favourites with their so called easier semi final...

Odds from Paddy Power:

Kerry 11/10
Tyrone 13/8
Cork 4/1
Meath 12/1

Nailed On

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2009, 06:17:18 PM

Odds from Paddy Power:

Kerry 11/10
Tyrone 13/8
Cork 4/1
Meath 12/1

Thanks, means a lot getting a pat on the back from the board's resident p***k! I am guessing Frank can't speak for himself?

magickingdom

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 09, 2009, 05:50:07 PM

Sure what do the bookies know - hadn't they the Dubs odds on last Monday.

cant believe the bookies have cork at 7/4 against tyrone

seafoid

Are Meath de real Mick Lyons deal or alternatively up to the standard of the rest of Leinster?
Have the Celtic tiger years sapped the  Ur-Meath spirit or is it still there somewhere buried under the
concrete ? 

navanman

Looking forward to another classic Royal encounter between 2 teams that try to play football the way it should be played, hard, fast, fair and long!

Kerry will be mad favourites, but if we can dominate midfield like we did today (and have bar the Dublin game, all year), then the Gooch mightn't get the amount of ball he needs to do the damage he can do. Stephen Bray will be back thankfully so hopefully we will be competitive and not like our last AI SF when a confident Meath got their arses kicked by Cork.

TBH I think Cork will beat whoever comes through this semi final.

kickingmule

Quote from: navanman on August 09, 2009, 07:39:22 PM
Looking forward to another classic Royal encounter between 2 teams that try to play football the way it should be played, hard, fast, fair and long!

Kerry will be mad favourites, but if we can dominate midfield like we did today (and have bar the Dublin game, all year), then the Gooch mightn't get the amount of ball he needs to do the damage he can do. Stephen Bray will be back thankfully so hopefully we will be competitive and not like our last AI SF when a confident Meath got their arses kicked by Cork.

jayas i thought cork had to play tyrone and the winners  ..... "ah maybe not".

navanman

Quote from: kickingmule on August 09, 2009, 07:55:25 PM
Quote from: navanman on August 09, 2009, 07:39:22 PM

Cork will beat Tyrone. I've no doubt about that one.
jayas i thought cork had to play tyrone and the winners  ..... "ah maybe not".

In the Onion Bag

Judging by this thread I don't think too many Ky travellers for this one given as they have already thrown the towel in. 
Sounds like there is an air of suprem confidence and supremacy in Queen Victoria's favourity holiday county.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Nailed On on August 09, 2009, 06:47:37 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2009, 06:17:18 PM

Odds from Paddy Power:

Kerry 11/10
Tyrone 13/8
Cork 4/1
Meath 12/1

Thanks, means a lot getting a pat on the back from the board's resident p***k! I am guessing Frank can't speak for himself?

Nailed On - I can - so there.

And when you've ploughed what Mike Sheehy has harrowed then you can call him a p***k.
KERRY 3:7

agorm

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 09, 2009, 04:25:58 PM
Absolutely. Meath are very difficult to stop once they get a head of steam up. You'd have to be worried about guys like Sheridan running amok. Bray will be back for this as well won't he ?  Also, I'm not convinced by Griffin at full-back the Mike McCarthy will be targetted as well, what with him not playing inter-county for 3 years. An AI semi will be a huge step up for him.

single digits is probably the best we can hope for I suppose.
Better get the tongue out of the side of your cheek pretty quick - those queues at A&E are getting longer and longer.

Of course Kerry will be favourites but Jack O'Connor will know that Meath will almost certainly give them a much better game than the Dubs. It will be great to have Stephen Bray back. I have a feeling that the players really did it for him today as he had been hard done by. o'Connor will have learned a lot about Meath and will be thinking up strategies to counteract their threats - not just relying on Kerry playing their own game to win it. I would be worried about the Gooch, O'Sullivan  & Tommy Walsh up front - dont know what we can do to nullify them except stop the ball coming in. Also i am expecting a big game from Tadhg Kennelly - he didnt come home just to make up the numbers and could be a huge factor in the semi.

Anyway, I am glad we have this to look forward to. I was surprised that some Mayo posters were saying that they were happier to lose this one rather than be hammered by Kerry.I know what they are getting at but you should never think that. After all it's not over till the Fat Lady Sings - ask the Greek soccer team!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: navanman on August 09, 2009, 08:13:15 PM
Cork will beat Tyrone. I've no doubt about that one.

And were you as certain that Kerry would beat Tyrone in 2003, 2005 & 2008?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

In the Onion Bag

Get your money on the 1st ever All Munster Football Final.

imtommygunn

Apart from Kerry Cork the other year.

Is it true Dara O'Se has never played in a team that's beat Meath in the c'ship? Meath and Tyrone if I recall correctly?

Could be something in the stars for the perfect retirement...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 09, 2009, 09:11:52 PM
Get your money on the 1st ever All Munster Football Final.

You're only 2 years too late! D'oh!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...