Connacht minor football championship 2014

Started by ross4life, June 12, 2014, 09:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimley

Quote from: Chimley on July 16, 2014, 08:02:06 AM
Mayo look a bit overpriced at 9/1 with the bookies to win outright.  They have a knack of getting goals like last years team.

And while I'm on the subject Ros at 33/1 is an insult to a county that has a fine record at this level over the past 10 years.

ballinaman

Mayo look a bit overpriced at 9/1 with the bookies to win outright.  They have a knack of getting goals like last years team.
Very impressed with them on Sunday. Decision making was excellent at vital times. Gary Boylan is a great addition to the squad, had been with Sligo Rovers.

Collie Brolly

Quote from: Chimley on July 16, 2014, 08:28:36 AM

And while I'm on the subject Ros at 33/1 is an insult to a county that has a fine record at this level over the past 10 years.

No it's not it's entirely accurate.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Collie Brolly on July 16, 2014, 10:52:12 AM

1 all ireland in 10 years.

Chimley

Ah sure we'll see. I have a few bob thrown on each. There are not really any inter provincial form lines yet so they might pay off.

moysider

Quote from: Chimley on July 16, 2014, 11:40:43 AM

Ah sure we'll see. I have a few bob thrown on each. There are not really any inter provincial form lines yet so they might pay off.

Maybe. Mayo well behind Kerry, Dublin, Donegal and Cork in the betting. Hard to know they compare provinces or maybe they go with county and player reputation?
On league form neither Mayo or Ros were supposed to make the 1/4s this year.

Mayo4Sam

What was the issue with the midfielder (Byrne?) getting sick just at half time, he was really barfing his ring up
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 16, 2014, 05:07:07 PM
What was the issue with the midfielder (Byrne?) getting sick just at half time, he was really barfing his ring up

I'd thought he'd took a knock but that'd make more sense given he was brought back on in the second half.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2014, 05:10:12 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 16, 2014, 05:07:07 PM

I'd thought he'd took a knock but that'd make more sense given he was brought back on in the second half.

Warm day. If ye take on a bit too much fluid in a hurry after exertion sometimes it all comes back up. But youre not really ill.

ross4life

Some fine individual talent once again on the Connacht minors sides this year however but i don't think the quality of the Connacht teams are at the level of the last few years. Mayo should win their quarter final however a huge test for them in the semi final against Kerry under Jack O'Connor or the Leinster runners up who both look very strong this year. Unless we greatly improve in defence it will be quarter final exit for us unfortunately.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on July 17, 2014, 05:46:08 PM
Some fine individual talent once again on the Connacht minors sides this year however but i don't think the quality of the Connacht teams are at the level of the last few years. Mayo should win their quarter final however a huge test for them in the semi final against Kerry under Jack O'Connor or the Leinster runners up who both look very strong this year. Unless we greatly improve in defence it will be quarter final exit for us unfortunately.

So who do we have lined up in the AISF this year? 8)