Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 07, 2014, 01:35:50 AM
Quote from: Don Corleone on June 07, 2014, 12:13:10 AM
The best value of the weekend is Roscommon - 9/2 currently with Powers. 'Twill be a dour struggle, but the prediction is:

Rossie's 0-14
Rhubarbs 0-12.

Boom!!!!

Savage odds. Fill your boots Don.

They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Don Corleone

Cracker ripostes lads.. ;D Looking forward to it as an interested Connacht outsider.
Who's ar an feadóg? Anyone not from the circus family would be a blessing...
Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?

Rossfan

Eddie Kinsella of Laois.
I think the bould Marty will be rui officiating  the Ulster pukery.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

No atmosphere in ballagh last night, changing times, when i was a gasun the craic around town before a mayo/ross game was electric.

Few rossies i was chattin to , were in all honesty, fairly upbeat about their chances.

my prediction, Mayo to absolutely hammer the ross, i dont even think ross will score, truly believe Mayo will fuckin destroy them beyond anything ever witnessed before in this fixture.

Mayo   7-23     ross  0-00
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

The best value of the weekend is Roscommon - 9/2 currently with Powers.

That actually is a decent value bet, although a good value losing bet is no good to you!! Ross +5 is a v good bet imo

larryin89

Cuckoo land is where the vast majority of pundits are living with their predictions on thisw game

Take it as a guarantee , Mayo will destroy the ross tomorrow . Now ive  some drinkin to do in Achill, let me be clear on this, we will hammer them , we will hammer them.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

The best value of the weekend is Roscommon - 9/2 currently with Powers. 'Twill be a dour struggle, but the prediction is:

Rossie's 0-14
Rhubarbs 0-12.

Boom!!!!

;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on June 07, 2014, 01:01:14 PM
No atmosphere in ballagh last night, changing times, when i was a gasun the craic around town before a mayo/ross game was electric.

Few rossies i was chattin to , were in all honesty, fairly upbeat about their chances.

my prediction, Mayo to absolutely hammer the ross, i dont even think ross will score, truly believe Mayo will fuckin destroy them beyond anything ever witnessed before in this fixture.

Mayo   7-23     ross  0-00

;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on June 07, 2014, 01:18:07 PM
Cuckoo land is where the vast majority of pundits are living with their predictions on thisw game

Take it as a guarantee , Mayo will destroy the ross tomorrow . Now ive  some drinkin to do in Achill, let me be clear on this, we will hammer them , we will hammer them.

;D

Rossfan

The Rhu bucks here must be worried - all they can offer is  ;Ds to silly comments from Ballycroy/Larryin/Gwantherossies.
Could we....... would we...... can we dream......   that we'll end the Evil Empire like we did in '52?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 07, 2014, 05:02:57 PM
The Rhu bucks here must be worried - all they can offer is  ;Ds to silly comments from Ballycroy/Larryin/Gwantherossies.
Could we....... would we...... can we dream......   that we'll end the Evil Empire like we did in '52?

51, long ago.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2014, 05:10:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 07, 2014, 05:02:57 PM

51, long ago.

Roscommon 1-12 Mayo 1-13
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

I see alot of Roscommon supporters setting the ceiling at geeing within a score or two of Mayo, that losing by five would be a success in its own way. I look at the work that's went in at underage and senior over many years and our form this year and I think the basement of our hopes should be losing by four or five and the ceiling should be winning the damn match.

Mayo's HBs are excellent but they can get drunk on the taste of the opposition's half and there is routinely space in behind them if we can turn over ball. Donie Shine is as fine a kick-passer as there is in the country and our attacking game that has served us well this year would be perfect for exploiting that space. Maybe Mayo will drop lads back to sweep between the lines but I see Mayo looking at this game as an opportunity to attack and not to conserve so we have a good chance of adding to Mayo's woes at the back this year.

I think if we get enough possession we can rattle Mayo in ways we rarely have in the last decade, the question is will we get the possession?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2014, 09:20:36 PM
I see alot of Roscommon supporters setting the ceiling at geeing within a score or two of Mayo, that losing by five would be a success in its own way. I look at the work that's went in at underage and senior over many years and our form this year and I think the basement of our hopes should be losing by four or five and the ceiling should be winning the damn match.

Mayo's HBs are excellent but they can get drunk on the  taste of the opposition's half and there is routinely space in behind them if we can turn over ball. Donie Shine is as fine a kick-passer as there is in the country and our attacking game that has served us well this year would be perfect for exploiting that space. Maybe Mayo will drop lads back to sweep between the lines but I see Mayo looking at this game as an opportunity to attack and not to conserve so we have a good chance of adding to Mayo's woes at the back this year.

I think if we get enough possession we can rattle Mayo in ways we rarely have in the last decade, the question is will we get the possession?
The answer is "NO."
Anything else bothering you?  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ballinaman

I think we need to hear more from larryin89 on the eve of the big game, he's really got the finger on the pulse here in Mayo