Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downup

I must have another look at the rules again - on the pitch at every opportunity, running up and down his own line like a maniac, running 50 yards into opposition umpire to give him a mouthful (yes the umpire was most definitely wrong), taking balls off young fellas behind the goals to the dugout so time could be wasted at a score or wide. My understanding is that the actual rules are in place for county football at dedicated breaks in play where Jerome overdoes it and our county bring these rules in for our club championship matches and that's it. A man like that running about the pitch like that will only lead to confrontation in league matches. I am commenting on what I seen. I do agree that a lot of side line managements behaviour leaves a lot to be desired but I think this mans behaviour takes the biscuit. And 5 SAMS if a lot of people are getting wee digs in at him then there must be a reason for it. I don't see too many other people receiving those digs.

5 Sams

Quote from: downup on June 11, 2013, 12:50:23 PM
IAnd 5 SAMS if a lot of people are getting wee digs in at him then there must be a reason for it. I don't see too many other people receiving those digs.

Show me where I said that?
The Aristocrat Years

downup

Apologies 5 SAMS, I'm a man and cant do 2 things at once, it was RODDERS88.

Leonardo

Rodders - Totally agree that the ball was wide but I know that the umpire wouldnt have form with these type of decisions - you know the sort that I'm talking about - every decision goes the way of his club.
On another note, what did you think of the refs decisions ( or have I got my yellow tinted glasses on). I just felt that Clonduff had to work very hard to get their frees.
I would like to congratulate the ref however in the way he gave advantage to the player on the ball that was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders - most refs blow up the ball carrier for "too long". Its good to see a high catch been rewarded with a bit of an advantage when he hits the ground and gets surrounded. (You could see how frustrated the defending players were though)

Rodders88

Leonardo - Yea I know the sort you are talking about, every club has them and it pisses me off that the do it. The umpires should be calling it straight and if they won't then they shouldn't be doing it. Clubs should be putting people forward who will call it right because its causes some rows when they don't.  But if i remember right, Murtagh had a point in the first half and the same umpire called it wide and the ref didn't give it.

Your right and I'll give him some credit for for giving the player on the ball the advantage. Thought overall he was bad for both teams, was a lot of off the ball stuff which I think he contributed too with some of his decisions. Seen him ref a few games and they all seem to pan out the same way. Fair play to him for putting himself forward and being a ref as it something i wouldn't do but he clearly is not up to and shouldn't be taking charge of Senior games.

alba2

Sentence over - Is this new league structure really that effective?

western exile

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 02, 2013, 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: The Raven on June 02, 2013, 07:33:19 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the O'Hare family, Dromara Gac & gaaboard member Western Exile on the passing of Kevin. Rest in peace
+1
Thank you both.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Photo of Kevin is courtesy of the Down GAA Juvenile Development Squad

downjim

Some weird results in division one last night. Burren had a shocking first half v the ford but conditions were terrible. What sort of team did kilcoo have out v the kingdom??? Annnaclone and ballyholland are doing well at the minute. What happened the bridge last night, are rostrevor  really that bad as the bridge as a club are in decline big time??

bridgegael

well done jim,  you are coming on well at the old england.  really pleased for you.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

wildrover

Longstone 1-08 0-18 Castlewellan

Thursday nights game was an entertaining enough affair despite both teams being weakened, with Longstone missing Mark Poland, Ambrose Rodgers and Ryan Kelly and Castlewellan missing Kevin Duffin, Liam McKibben and Michael Cunningham. The strong Wind was a factor and Castlewellan probably used it that bit better with direct ball in to big target men. The pitch was in notably poor condition.

Town's best players were Rory Brogan, Ruairi McCardle and Conall Corrigan while Longstone's Stevie Doran and Conor Smyth were to the fore.

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: western exile on June 12, 2013, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on June 02, 2013, 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: The Raven on June 02, 2013, 07:33:19 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the O'Hare family, Dromara Gac & gaaboard member Western Exile on the passing of Kevin. Rest in peace
+1
Thank you both.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Photo of Kevin is courtesy of the Down GAA Juvenile Development Squad

Deepest sympathies from all at Naomh Pol Ard Mhic Nasca

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam

behind the wire

Surprised there hasn't been any mention of the tragic passing of Newry Mitchell's man Kevin Bell following an accident in New York.

May he Rest in Piece.

There are a number of fundraising efforts being organised to help raise funds to assist with the return of Kevin's body. Maybe someone could post the details on here. They have been tweeted by a number of well known GAA players over the past few hours.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

5 Sams

Quote from: behind the wire on June 17, 2013, 02:26:28 PM
Surprised there hasn't been any mention of the tragic passing of Newry Mitchell's man Kevin Bell following an accident in New York.

May he Rest in Piece.

There are a number of fundraising efforts being organised to help raise funds to assist with the return of Kevin's body. Maybe someone could post the details on here. They have been tweeted by a number of well known GAA players over the past few hours.

http://thelateandgreatkevinbell.blogspot.co.uk/
The Aristocrat Years

T O Hare

Quote from: downjim on June 15, 2013, 12:28:05 PM
Some weird results in division one last night. Burren had a shocking first half v the ford but conditions were terrible. What sort of team did kilcoo have out v the kingdom??? Annnaclone and ballyholland are doing well at the minute. What happened the bridge last night, are rostrevor  really that bad as the bridge as a club are in decline big time??
Here Jim, anytime your over at our club this year when your club is getting a lend of our ground I will give you a tour around Downs oldest club and I will let you see for yourself how much decline we are in  ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

supersub

Quote from: downjim on June 15, 2013, 12:28:05 PM

Catch yourself on chap you are embarrassing yourself. Very bad night for the reds and some wonderful shooting especially first half from the bridge. No doubt when the reds have 6/7 main men back they will be a different proposition.