The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Seems the Blue shirt troops are ready to push Enda overboard.
Must be because of the Rhubarbs losing to Galway?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on July 08, 2016, 12:16:18 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on July 07, 2016, 11:16:42 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 07, 2016, 10:44:02 PM
Independents are an absolute cluster f*ck, hard to see them lasting to the end of the year.

The Independent td's have done some great work uncovering and highlighting shameful acts by the Blueshirts. Establishment are lamenting the rise of independents but fail to grasp the simple fact that FG, FF and Labour have been at best, incompetent or at worst, corrupt. This has led to the rise of independents.

The abject failure of SF to take advantage of the open goal opportunities presented by the collapse of both the FF/PD and FG/Labour support bases, is what has led to the rise of the Independents.

If SF can't get there now, it is over for them.
wait until the next crash and bonfire of the bonds
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

foxcommander

I love how Regina Doherty has just tried to shaft Enda into giving a timeline for his departure after he elevated her to chief whip.
They're all self-serving money-grabbing SOB's.
She'd have been pleading him for a Seanad Seat had she lost the election.

Poor Enda.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

All of a sudden Ireland is seemingly rolling in it. Sure why would you need the extra €280 million. The milky bars are on me!!

Ireland can afford extra EU payment - Noonan

The Minister for Finance has said there is a liability on Ireland to pay an extra €280m to the European budget, as part of the country's national contribution.

However Michael Noonan said there are still some "moving parts" which could see the final bill a few million more or less than it currently stands.

Mr Noonan said that some work is being done at a "technical level" to deal with once-off jumps in the country's Gross Domestic Product. Figures released last week showed that GDP soared by over 26% last year.

He said that the country can afford to pay the EU bill and there is no change in the budget position.

Mr Noonan said Ireland will be able to meet the increase in its contribution to the EU Budget because it has collected more money in taxes this year than it had expected.

foxcommander

Just shows the mentality hasn't changed. All want to be at the big show

A Fine Gael politician who complained about being denied tickets by the GAA for tomorrow's All Ireland football final says her request was accommodated "any other time I asked".

Senator Catherine Noone sparked outrage after it emerged she wrote to GAA Ard Stiúrthóir Páraic Duffy to express her anger after being refused tickets for Dublin's clash with Mayo.

Her colleague Michelle Mulherin sent a similar letter, claiming the fact that TDs are provided with tickets - but not senators - represents "defamation".

Both politicians have been subjected to a backlash on social media as a result of them making their views publicly known.

But Ms Noone yesterday took to an internal Fine Gael 'What's App' group in a bid to justify her position to party colleagues.

"The fact is they (the GAA) provided two tickets any other time I asked and I think it's fair enough to question that," Ms Noone wrote.

"I was a bit taken aback and wrote a short email, that's the extent of it. I just looked for a ticket some place else. This kind of publicity is embarrassing and I didn't seek it."

Ms Noone said she "did not seek this to be in the papers" - despite contacting this newspaper directly to express her annoyance at the GAA.

"I could (do) without this rubbish. And I'm sorry about it," she added.

Ms Noone has previously raised eyebrows among colleagues after describing the "persistent use of chimes" by ice cream vans as "aggressive".

She also sought to ban the Ultimate Fighting Championship - which stars Conor McGregor - from coming to Dublin, describing Mixed Martial Arts as a "vile so-called sport". She later backtracked on those claims.

The GAA is to review its policy of handing out tickets to TDs and senators for Croke Park games in light of the controversy.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ive-always-got-gaa-tickets-before-whines-fg-senator-35055943.html

foxcommander

Plenary session of the European Parliament in Strasbourg debate and vote on the 'Implementation of the Common Foreign and Security Policy' of the EU.

"66% of irish citizens would like to see greater eu engagement in matters of security and defence policy according to a new eurobarometer survey of european parliament on perceptions and expectations".
Sean Kelly - Fine Gael MEP, 14th Dec 2016

Afterwards abstained in vote on neutrality.

Which poll was that Sean? And when do the conscriptions start lads?

foxcommander

I see TD and Minister Denis Naughten had an accident while out cycling and had to go all the way to the emergency ward in Portiuncula hospital in County Galway for treatment.

Surely it would have been easier to go to the local emergency department in Roscommon hospital to get seen to? oh wait, that's right, some genius broke an election promise and got it shut it down. Just cant remember who.

I hope all the potholes along the way made it an extra bumpy ride.

Rossfan

Ya big thick. Naughten jumped ship from the blueshirts over the Hospital.
Hope he's not too badly hurt.
His father was killed in a crash 20 odd years ago
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Wonder how long he had to wait in casualty?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on January 02, 2017, 09:24:52 PM
And Portincula is in Ballinasloe so it's relatively close nearby and indeed would be Naughten's local hospital in all probability.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: foxcommander on January 02, 2017, 07:17:24 PM
I see TD and Minister Denis Naughten had an accident while out cycling and had to go all the way to the emergency ward in Portiuncula hospital in County Galway for treatment.

Surely it would have been easier to go to the local emergency department in Roscommon hospital to get seen to? oh wait, that's right, some genius broke an election promise and got it shut it down. Just cant remember who.

That's one of the most horrible posts I've seen on this site
Hasta la victoria siempre

Tubberman

Showing your ignorance again foxy!
As the old saying goes "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

manfromdelmonte

I hope you're not suggesting Denis closed the A&E unit?

foxcommander

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 02, 2017, 10:08:45 PM

I hope you're not suggesting Denis closed the A&E unit?

Downgraded wasn't it. The sorts of injuries, say a cycling incident would cause aren't being treated anymore. Rossies have to go to Galway now.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on January 02, 2017, 09:24:52 PM

Nice to see you're back following me ;)