Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: nifan on September 19, 2007, 03:23:11 PM
a few reckon evans, was out on the lash with gillespie, so maybe him.

Hope he doesnt look up to gillespie for a role model!!!

Yep, that was him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7002279.stm
Testing Accessibility

Main Street

What´s the problem with going on a bit of a lash after a game?
The real crime was the defence going all Bebo like, before the end of that game.

Gnevin

Interesting how dead this thread has been since Tony went off in a huff   :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

deiseach

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 19, 2007, 02:58:29 PM
Apologies for sending you to the Dark Gates of Mordor but pray tell could you get in?

I'm getting some screen asking me to log in.

/Jim.

It's the Black Gate, and, like in the eponymous chapter, it's closed. My account has been suspended until "Feb 6 2010, 10:42 AM". I presume this is because I didn't pay the Patron's thirty pieces of silver, which is fair enough.

Gnevin

Quote from: deiseach on October 12, 2007, 02:56:24 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 19, 2007, 02:58:29 PM
Apologies for sending you to the Dark Gates of Mordor but pray tell could you get in?

I'm getting some screen asking me to log in.

/Jim.

It's the Black Gate, and, like in the eponymous chapter, it's closed. My account has been suspended until "Feb 6 2010, 10:42 AM". I presume this is because I didn't pay the Patron's thirty pieces of silver, which is fair enough.
But at least you have something to look forward too now!  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

deiseach

Quote from: Gnevin on October 12, 2007, 02:58:32 PM
But at least you have something to look forward too now!  ;D

It's the only thing that saved me from slashing my wrists after the Limerick game

AZOffaly

I can still get in. Deiseach you must have done something to them :D

Bensars

Quote from: Gnevin on October 12, 2007, 02:29:04 PM
Interesting how dead this thread has been since Tony went off in a huff   :)

What happened there ?

I was wondering why he wasnt around. Just thought the wife had out him under the thumb again ?

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 12, 2007, 03:04:24 PM
I can still get in. Deiseach you must have done something to them :D
Our techie guru has introduced a filtering system, which only lets non-patrons in when the servers aren't busy and also blocks non-patrons after a certain number of posts, until they pay their fiver. The server was getting swamped and we've upgraded several times this year already, so it was decided that those who've paid their fiver should get priority.

Although obviously in deiseach's case, we just don't like him.  ;)

deiseach

tintin25

I definitely think that the Gaaboard is more accomodating to OWC follower's than the other way round...why is this? I registered an account on OWC only to have it deleted for making a light-hearted joke with regard to the vacant Manager's job (At the time). I just posted a message saying how I felt Joe Kernan should be in the running as he had a successful tenure with the Armagh team. lol. I had barely sent the message and some dick of an admin loses the bap with me!! Fcuk sake like. Take a joke. At least the users here seem to take abit of banter!  :P

Rossfan

It's all that dour Presbyterianism that has them that way.
You know - the absolute fear that someone somewhere might be enjoying something ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

red hander

Youse boys are very quiet about the weekend revelation that your boss Howard Wells helped negotiate a lucrative £500,000 IFA deal with a ticketing firm while he was also in partnership with the successful company  ... a contract that was not put out to tender because the aformentioned Mr Wells decided - on his own initiative - that the aformentioned firm with which he was still in partnership with could do the job better than anyone else .... mmmm, no conflict of interest there, eh?

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on October 16, 2007, 01:17:29 PM
Youse boys are very quiet about the weekend revelation that your boss Howard Wells helped negotiate a lucrative £500,000 IFA deal with a ticketing firm while he was also in partnership with the successful company  ... a contract that was not put out to tender because the aformentioned Mr Wells decided - on his own initiative - that the aformentioned firm with which he was still in partnership with could do the job better than anyone else .... mmmm, no conflict of interest there, eh?

If by "youse boys" you mean those posters on this Board who are also fans of the NI soccer team, there is a thread on OWC where Wells comes in for severe stick all round for (what I suppose I must call) this alleged conflict of interest.

Oh and by the way, he also recommended the company in question to the FAI. Who awarded them the contract.

For the record, Howard Wells is about as popular with NI football fans as John Delaney is with their ROI counterparts!  :o
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stew

Quote from: tintin25 on October 12, 2007, 05:06:15 PM
I definitely think that the Gaaboard is more accomodating to OWC follower's than the other way round...why is this? I registered an account on OWC only to have it deleted for making a light-hearted joke with regard to the vacant Manager's job (At the time). I just posted a message saying how I felt Joe Kernan should be in the running as he had a successful tenure with the Armagh team. lol. I had barely sent the message and some dick of an admin loses the bap with me!! Fcuk sake like. Take a joke. At least the users here seem to take abit of banter!  :P

Orior got banned for typing two words on a thread asking what the new stadium should be named.......................orior wanted to name it 'the orange bowl' and was promptly banned. Those hoors have absolutely no sense of humour at all at all.

You cannot mention the GAA over there unless it is in the ' other sports, even gaa section'.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.