Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

If we merged Staunton and Worthington would we have a manager who had a clue?? 

The debate about one team or two is largely irrelevant at the minute.  You have to look at the players and the coach.  Apart from Healy, Dunne, and possibly Given neither side has any great performers.  Both sets of players have great committment and heart (apart from O'Shea :-\) but the quality just isn't there.  I mean, in my day (ahem) McGeady wouldn't have got a game for Cliftonville Olympic never mind an international place.  Both managers are out of their depth and both associations are run by small minded, what-we-have-we-hold, rinky dinks (to quote the immortal Dunphy).  A recipe for mediocrity. :-[
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Istabraq

If we can have an All Ireland team in Rugby, why can't we have one in soccer? f**k sake, the two are completely shite without the remotest chance of success ever

Star Spangler

Quote from: Istabraq on September 13, 2007, 11:08:50 AM
If we can have an All Ireland team in Rugby, why can't we have one in soccer? f**k sake, the two are completely shite without the remotest chance of success ever

Too many ego's and too many people interested in petty point scoring for that to happen any time soon unfortunately.

Maximus Marillius

The fact that we have two teams on this island which is smaller than the entire state of Texan, illustrates the mind set that has held this country to ranson for so long with bigotry. The only reason why the two teams exist

longball

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 13, 2007, 12:47:38 AM
There will be an All Ireland team in the not too distant future. Maybe Martin O`Neill will manage them  ;)
The present teams are quite crap though, but lets be honest, neither of them qualify for the big tournaments that often so we should be used to it.

dont think a united team is the way to go i mean what difference would it be not too many of the NI players wud be seriously pushing! team with current players IMO
(4-3-3)
Given, Finnan, Dunne, Hughes, Oshea, Davis, S Reid, Hunt, Keane, Healy, Duff
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

wesaysanchez

i tolde you so. when the fa got rido ff lawrie thy may as well have sent a bullet through the head of the northern ireland footall tam. noegl worhthlinglton was was nay ofoog. imagine appointing the man who relegated edelias dnorwich? thats a joke. they shamed us by nt foing anythinf to stop lawrei from managing forest. as a result forest willnoew problaly bevome one of the biggesdt poweers in english football. ive been over to crvane cottgae and its busssing . healy if anyone should be player managaer but anyone knows that stupid. Who else - id ecven go for jim magilton at least hel''ll bur fire in the bellies of our heroes.

we can still qualify if we go ovber to sweden and win we can do it. i feel really sicjk when i think of nigel and him sitting threer destroying all th good work lawire did. it rereaallly hurts. well done england asnd alexes scotlad. and well on czecholsoakia.

Yer Ma

Quote from: wesaysanchez on September 13, 2007, 11:51:07 AM
i tolde you so. when the fa got rido ff lawrie thy may as well have sent a bullet through the head of the northern ireland footall tam. noegl worhthlinglton was was nay ofoog. imagine appointing the man who relegated edelias dnorwich? thats a joke. they shamed us by nt foing anythinf to stop lawrei from managing forest. as a result forest willnoew problaly bevome one of the biggesdt poweers in english football. ive been over to crvane cottgae and its busssing . healy if anyone should be player managaer but anyone knows that stupid. Who else - id ecven go for jim magilton at least hel''ll bur fire in the bellies of our heroes.

we can still qualify if we go ovber to sweden and win we can do it. i feel really sicjk when i think of nigel and him sitting threer destroying all th good work lawire did. it rereaallly hurts. well done england asnd alexes scotlad. and well on czecholsoakia.

And kids, there's the damage that drug abuse can do, perfectly illustrated.

longball

Quote from: Yer Ma on September 13, 2007, 11:58:55 AM
Quote from: wesaysanchez on September 13, 2007, 11:51:07 AM

And kids, there's the damage that drug abuse can do, perfectly illustrated.

:-[

wesaysanchez

please dont be miocking me. i have beenn dooing a typring class and he siad that im good enough to vtype and not look at the cscerreen, he swia dthere'l be a few eroors at ther stert but to bpersisit. i think you can get the jist of my thoughts so beaer with me . it;kll get better,

longball

i dunno about ruining Lawries good work wesay. if u ask me it looks like lawrie bottled out he took NI as far as he could having them play above their level he knew the only way was down so he hit the road!!

wesaysanchez

Quote from: longball on September 13, 2007, 12:08:32 PM
i dunno about ruining Lawries good work wesay. if u ask me it looks like lawrie bottled out he took NI as far as he could having them play above their level he knew the only way was down so he hit the road!!

I have to disagree. there awas problems long befgoer hi left. do you remember the supposed argument etc and he wouldnt talk about it. I think he hasd relationship difficulirties withthe boss and maybe boyce.

longball

cant believe ive managed to post a united team on this with just 3 NI players and havent got slagged yet!  ;D ;D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Donagh

Someone on OWC is saying it was Gillespie and McCartney. Didn't Gerry Taggart dig that kn**ker Gillespie before as well?