Thank you Ross

Started by blueandwhite1, December 13, 2022, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

An absolute legend. My favourite player to watch playing for Laois over the years and always seemed to carry himself well on and off the field.

Being in Navan on this day was easily the highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRYT-hTboxk

Thank you Ross.

Blow-in

Fully agree. What a legend. Very disappointed no acknowledgement on Laois GAA social media

Giovanni

Would like to add my thanks to Ross for his incredible service to Laois and for the inspiration that he provided to hundreds of young lads growing up. An excellent role model and I hope he can remain involved in some way.

High Fielder

Deserves recognition for his excellent and long service to the county. In his prime, as good a forward as we could wish to have. Top class attitude. Top class player

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 14, 2022, 07:12:20 AM
Fully agree. What a legend. Very disappointed no acknowledgement on Laois GAA social media

Theres not!!!!

for the love of jesus

Giovanni

I have to say that the tributes to Ross both on here and in Laois GAA in general have been pathetic. And then you wonder why lads don't commit? Depressing.

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Giovanni on December 15, 2022, 11:04:54 AM
I have to say that the tributes to Ross both on here and in Laois GAA in general have been pathetic. And then you wonder why lads don't commit? Depressing.
i sets up a thread and its ignored, youd wonder alright. hes the goat.

SCFC

There's a tribute on Laois GAA Facebook now. Took longer than it should have but there's no PRO!
Ross. What can you say? No words could do him justice. Simply the most dedicated, loyal, hard working player I've ever seen in a Laois jersey and as good a left boot as you could hope to see.
I've a feeling he'll be a brilliant coach/manager.

Joeythelips

Lots of memories from one of Laois' all time greats especially in the blue and white and giving us supporters some great days out against Kildare, Dublin and Meath to name a few. He was a true role model for how he conducted himself on and off the pitch.

The one memory that stuck with me, and came instantly to mind when I heard of his retirement, was playing for his club in 2003 when Arles Kilcruise had to play in the Leinster championship against O'Hanrahans 24 hours after winning their first Laois championship (crazy I know). No way a team could win 2 games in consecutive days, and the game was panning out that way as I watched on TG4 from the comfort of my couch. A/K had other ideas and Ross really stood out that day, showing for everything when the need was greatest and help get his side over the line. It really was an incredible achievement and a special performance by a great player and summed up the character of the man.

Thanks for all the memories Ross.

Tony

Brilliant player - prob my favourite memory of Ross playing, is vs Kildare in the Leinster Final of '03. Always a great person to have around the setup. Fantastic attitude and a very bright mind in Laois GAA. Certainly not the last we'll see of Ross - he'll do well in whatever he decides to do from here, be it coaching or otherwise. He also impressed me as a commentator / pundit on RTE so I wouldn't be surprised if he takes up more of those roles. That's for all the service and memories Ross and best of luck in your future endeavors  :)

Spiritof86

2003 obviously stands out but for me that evening in Navan in 2006 was the highlight . Remember being behind the Goal he scored the two goals in the second half . Meath fans giving it large all evening behind us weren't long been put back in their box . Thanks Ross .

redsetanta

I thought one of Ross's great performance was the second half against Dublin in that soul destroying Leinster final in 2005.

He dragged us bag into it like a man possessed and scored some great points.

Navan was his day alright and we got through but I thought he was something else that second half against the Dubs.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi