Laois Senior Hurlers 2023

Started by mcwregor, November 18, 2022, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeculativeEffort

Stream or radio available for this one?

Spiritof86

Offaly can effectively play a second string team against Carlow next week after todays results . They more than likely will particularly if they are playing Carlow in the final two weeks after that .
A wasted year for the our hurlers . I think yesterday against Kildare summed it all up and how something is amiss this year .

Laois man

Laois should be kerry but I can't see offaly going flat out to beat carlow hopefully I am wrong.

redsetanta

Offaly will want to win the game. Yes they might not play a full strength team but they will be out to win the game. Why would they want to lose against their potential final opponents?

A draw in that game would suit us provided we beat Kerry which won't be easy down there.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Did anyone stop to think that Offaly might prefer to play us in the final than Carlow??? Not as if we have been scary to any opposition this year....

Laois man

Laois Rising

If I was an Offaly player I would definitely rather play Carlow over Laois in the final. Little to separate Laois and Offaly in reality. Laois would be stronger than when the teams met in the first round as they have players who have returned or are returning from injury. Laois also have greater experience of playing in games like the Joe McDonagh Final  to Carlow and the occasion should faze them. A midlands derby with Laois holding the underdog role seeking revenge would not be one I's be picking as an Offaly hurler over facing a Carlow side who probably had the rub of the green in securing draws with both Kerry and Laois.

Spiritof86

Shanahan and Jackman won't be on the line again this weekend after the hearing tonight . They were found to have breached Riail 7.2 (c), Category II (a), T.O. 2023, that is to say, "Abusive language towards a referee.

The Central Hearings Committee imposed the following penalty:

The pair were both handed a four weeks' suspension together with a one match suspension in the same code and at the same level, applicable to the next game in the combination of National League/Inter-County Senior Championship, even if that game occurs in the following year

Spiritof86

Offaly make 12 make changes against Carlow Saturday . Had to be expected in fairness .

G@@

Quote from: Spiritof86 on May 12, 2023, 01:41:47 PM
Offaly make 12 make changes against Carlow Saturday . Had to be expected in fairness .
Offaly are throwing the game?
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

OFFALY: Eamonn Cleary; Conor Hardiman, Ben Conneely, James Nally; Dara Maher, Killian Sampson, Eoghan Parlon; Paddy Delaney, Jack Screeney; Liam Langton, Joey Keenaghan, Conor Langton; Cathal O'Meara, Shane Dooley, John Murphy.

Subs: Stephen Corcoran, Paddy Clancy, Eimhin Kelly, David King, David Nally, Jack Clancy, Jason Sampson, Ciaran Burke, Brian Duignan, Sam Bourke, Joe Hoctor
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Helix.

Quote from: G@@ on May 12, 2023, 03:58:58 PM
OFFALY: Eamonn Cleary; Conor Hardiman, Ben Conneely, James Nally; Dara Maher, Killian Sampson, Eoghan Parlon; Paddy Delaney, Jack Screeney; Liam Langton, Joey Keenaghan, Conor Langton; Cathal O'Meara, Shane Dooley, John Murphy.

Subs: Stephen Corcoran, Paddy Clancy, Eimhin Kelly, David King, David Nally, Jack Clancy, Jason Sampson, Ciaran Burke, Brian Duignan, Sam Bourke, Joe Hoctor

Laois need to win their own game first. At least put them in with a chance of getting through. Never an easy task in Tralee.

G@@

Good result in Tralee but as expected Offaly threw the Cullen Park game. Hope Carlow win it out over that.

blueandwhite1

Pity we seem to have found a bit of form too late in the competition.

The poor second half against Offaly and poor last quarter against Carlow cost dearly.

burdizzo

The second quarter against Carlow wasn't too hot, either.

Carlow could easily beat Offaly. Offaly're playing a dangerous game. Here's hoping... But, on the other hand, didn't we play a bloodless draw w/ Westmeath the time we were to play them in the final?