Laois Senior Hurlers 2023

Started by mcwregor, November 18, 2022, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Fennell marker got 2.04 from play.

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: Laois man on April 09, 2023, 09:17:26 AM
Fennell marker got 2.04 from play.

OK it wasn't his best day but a more committed, genuine player you will struggle to find. I have no doubt he will come back better again. Super attitude. We need more like him.

G@@

Big win today and we could need that cushion of scoring difference yet.
Tough game V Carlow next week.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Played better today, but the fact he was allowed to basically solo the length of the pitch says more about Down that it does him! Still, they got a score out of it, so fair play.

Nice to be the ones dishing out a big score for a change. A big pity about Aron Dunphy's injury - and I assume Willie was hurt, as well?

Spiritof86

Both Dunphys unlikely to feature against Carlow apparently. Great to see Lennon back in the Laois jersey . Down were the worst inter county senior team to play in OMP in a very long time .
Great to the get score difference up though .

burdizzo

As good as a loss, I'm afraid. Carlow-Offaly final, by the looks of things. I'd say we had a twenty minute spell in either half where we couldn't score. In fairness, it was some effort to stop Carlow going in front after the sending off - and to go three up subsequently - but we couldn't keep 'em out when they lobbed in that final free. Again, we had the better hurlers, but just couldn't make it count because we hadn't the strength.

blueandwhite1

If Offaly win their last 2 and so do Laois do we not have a good chance on scoring difference?

burdizzo

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 22, 2023, 06:20:04 PM
If Offaly win their last 2 and so do Laois do we not have a good chance on scoring difference?

Offaly's last game is against Carlow; if they beat Kerry they're already through and they won't care if they beat Carlow or not, whereas for Carlow it'll be a must-win game.

G@@

Going on today's result we won't be worrying about a final. I really doubt we will even pick up a win in Tralee.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Laois Rising

Frustrating draw. Even if we win the remaining two games I wouldn't fancy our chances of getting to the final. I can see Offaly already qualified come the final round of games and throwing out a second string team against Carlow in the last game. They would probably take Carlow over Laois in the final and take great satisfaction from eliminating us. A wasted year. 

blueandwhite1

Another reschuffled team for Kildare. I have never seen a more unsettled setup as that in 2023. It's not as if it is working out...

Spiritof86

Baffling that with two games left in the JMC that there is absolutely nothing settled about the starting 15 except the goalkeeping position .

burdizzo

LaoisAbu20

Fonsy is suspended along with Jackman and Dan Shanahan, apparently for giving abuse to match officials after the Carlow game.

burdizzo