Laois Senior Hurlers 2023

Started by mcwregor, November 18, 2022, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof86 on March 11, 2023, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on March 11, 2023, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Spiritof86 on March 11, 2023, 11:44:41 AM
It's on GAAGO for those who can't make it to Belfast .

BBC iplayer also

Maybe I'm incorrect but I thought BBC iplayer was only available in Northern Ireland and mainland U.K. as we don't pay the licence fee .

If you use a ViPN and  set it to a UK location

You can access the iPlayer

Spiritof86

Quote from: clonadmad on March 11, 2023, 05:58:37 PM
Quote from: Spiritof86 on March 11, 2023, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on March 11, 2023, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Spiritof86 on March 11, 2023, 11:44:41 AM
It's on GAAGO for those who can't make it to Belfast .

BBC iplayer also

Maybe I'm incorrect but I thought BBC iplayer was only available in Northern Ireland and mainland U.K. as we don't pay the licence fee .

If you use a ViPN and  set it to a UK location

You can access the iPlayer

Of course , fantastic.
Thank you 👍

Mad Mentor

Best of luck to the lads.
Are there any free reliable vpns?

SpeculativeEffort

Laois playing 1 of their most important games of the year in Belfast. GAAGO commentators dull as dish water so turn on Midlands 103...

...who are playing Bryan Adams 'Please Forgive Me'.

You constantly put 90s music ahead of our hurlers and footballers. You ignore us, you are short with us, you give us lip service but we know you don't really care about the things that are important to us. We are finished. I cannot forgive you.  :'(

burdizzo

Just looking at it on GAAGo. Good first half from Laois, but very, very disappointing to concede that goal before half time. Antrim look more of a goal threat than we do, so it's teed them up nicely for the second half with the wind.

G@@

Quote from: Mad Mentor on March 12, 2023, 11:48:44 AM
Best of luck to the lads.
Are there any free reliable vpns?

Using Urban VPN: https://www.urban-vpn.com and its perfect.

The play button appears on this page after connecting to a UK server: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/northern-ireland/64864955
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

Lost by two goals. Antrim alot more physical.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Kidder81

Quote from: G@@ on March 12, 2023, 02:40:11 PM
Lost by two goals. Antrim alot more physical.

Laois very good in first 25 mins but seemed to run out of gas and just not as slick in second half. Goals keep Antrim in it in first half

The PRO

Goal just before HT was a killer. McManus far too strong for Fonzie for it.
Thought Shanahan was decent. Aaron Dunphy too. Jack Kelly probably our best player though.
All focus must be on Westmeath game now. Dublin game is basically a challenge match.

The PRO

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on March 12, 2023, 01:31:05 PM
Laois playing 1 of their most important games of the year in Belfast. GAAGO commentators dull as dish water so turn on Midlands 103...

...who are playing Bryan Adams 'Please Forgive Me'.

You constantly put 90s music ahead of our hurlers and footballers. You ignore us, you are short with us, you give us lip service but we know you don't really care about the things that are important to us. We are finished. I cannot forgive you.  :'(
Just on that, and I've been a critic of Midlands 103 many a time, they had a dedicated Twitter stream of live commentary from the game. Pat O'Sullivan and Enda Lyons. I just couldn't manage to sync it with GAA Go.

blueandwhite1

Very poor performance in second half. Didn't think Antrim were great but we were very poor. Found it very hard to win a ball and when we did we either couldn't execute or got turned over. A lot of players not cutting it.

Milltown Row2

Conditions were atrocious for both teams,  to score as much as they did was a testament to their skills.. I was worried when Laois started so well with that wind and they took full advantage, but yes those goals we got made huge difference to the score line at halftime.

Game wasn't won and Laois battled hard and unlucky in some occasions

They'll beat Westmeath if that's who they play

Purcell us quality along with Keys
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

burdizzo

In fairness, MR2, you're right about Purcell and Keyes. Not so sure we'd have the beating of Westmeath, however.

Though McManus took his goal well, I thought O'Connell was caught badly for that one, and I'm not sure he's the best fit for a full-back. But we are short on options there. We need a few more lads like Mullaney, hah! I did think taking him off was a bit odd. I know he wasn't having a great game, but taking him off, and bringing on a light lad soon after, made little sense in those conditions.

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: burdizzo on March 12, 2023, 06:48:48 PM

Though McManus took his goal well, I thought O'Connell was caught badly for that one, and I'm not sure he's the best fit for a full-back.

We need a few more lads like Mullaney, hah! I did think taking him off was a bit odd. I know he wasn't having a great game, but taking him off, and bringing on a light lad soon after, made little sense in those conditions.

On first point I think we generally felt O'Connell was under pressure at FB and McManus did get the goal and contributed otherwise also. However I thought LOC battled well and actually did OK especially considering I don't think he's been at FB too often before for club or county.

2. I agree. Mullaney could have been used in at 14 as a target man. When he was gone only Purcell and Podge had physical size to dominate. It was a day for bigger players.

On the topic of big men. We could do with Eanna Lyons back on field. What is his story?

Zooming around

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on March 12, 2023, 09:15:49 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on March 12, 2023, 06:48:48 PM

Though McManus took his goal well, I thought O'Connell was caught badly for that one, and I'm not sure he's the best fit for a full-back.

We need a few more lads like Mullaney, hah! I did think taking him off was a bit odd. I know he wasn't having a great game, but taking him off, and bringing on a light lad soon after, made little sense in those conditions.

On first point I think we generally felt O'Connell was under pressure at FB and McManus did get the goal and contributed otherwise also. However I thought LOC battled well and actually did OK especially considering I don't think he's been at FB too often before for club or county.

2. I agree. Mullaney could have been used in at 14 as a target man. When he was gone only Purcell and Podge had physical size to dominate. It was a day for bigger players.

On the topic of big men. We could do with Eanna Lyons back on field. What is his story?

I think we need to put Mullaney back to centre back and get Patrick Purcell back up to at least midfield or a deep lying wing forward. The Dublin match is a non event and to be honest our whole year is about the Joe McDonagh. The Westmeath match will be important but a win in that will only be useful if we win the McDonagh. Spend the time between now and the Joe Mc getting Willie Dunphy, Roddy, Scully etc really sharp and we'll have the most dangerous set of forwards in the competition.

1. E Rowland
2. D Hartnett
3. P Delaney
4. I Shanahan
5. J Kelly
6. R Mullaney
7. FC Fennell
8. A Corby
9. P Purcell
10 A Dunphy
11 W Dunphy
12 S Maher