Laois Senior Hurlers 2023

Started by mcwregor, November 18, 2022, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Quote from: Ogie on July 21, 2023, 08:01:50 AM
Camross looked sharp in first game but Castletown were very poor

Rathdowney Errill Clough Ballacolla never came to life after the heavy rain at start of game, both sets of forwards poor on the night apart from Ross King, who was the difference.

€10 in for each game, a page for a programme, no team / change announcements, no injury / extra time indicated by officials

Rathdowney/E and C/B was fairly poor fare . Conditions didn't help but didn't feel like championship fare . King ultimately was the difference. The lack of announcements was peculiar. You might as well played that match in Abbeyleix or Mountrath if we are not making use of the facilities in OMP . Would have been more of an atmosphere anyway as that was pretty sterile last night .

Don't believe Shanahan will be back next year .

Laois man

Shocking poor games so far in the senior Cship. Borris /kcotton very poor tonight. Camross v Rdowney final what I have seeing so far.

Spiritof1915

Unfortunately borris/kilcotton in decline and you'd have to fear for them in the coming years.
Definitely Rathdowney/Errill and camross the two standout teams so far. 
Great to see Mark kavanagh back and scoring trademark points.
Rosenallis to win this evening without The Harps two County men.

burdizzo

B/K definitely in decline; not winning a couple more seems to have really knocked the stuffing out of the club. C/B on the other hand have gone from strength to strength.

I assume Podge Delaney went back to America, then?

Spiritof1915

He did seemingly with pauric dunne. Shame for them, their on the cusp of making a break through to the top tier but without those two it's a big ask for this year.
You can't blame young lads for travelling either but The Harps seem to have lost more than most down through the year's. 

Quote from: burdizzo on July 22, 2023, 11:41:30 AM
B/K definitely in decline; not winning a couple more seems to have really knocked the stuffing out of the club. C/B on the other hand have gone from strength to strength.

I assume Podge Delaney went back to America, then?