2023 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 10, 2022, 08:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Anyone have a link for tickets for Sunday . CLG Laois on vacation at that moment by all accounts .

Spiritof86

Thank you for that 👍

Just saw a post from Laois Gaels advertising it . Absolutely nothing from the county board .. and you wonder why !?

Blow-in

Bad time for the Twitter account to go on holidays  :-[

Robbo

Hopefully new pro will want to make a good start this weekend.

Going to predict a team....

Osborn to start in goals.
Collins and mohan either side of Timmons.
Piggott at centre maybe. I think he has the steel for it.
Id like to see Flynn and Paddy O'S at 5 and 7 but I'm guessing we'll see paddy further forward. So flynn and kirwan or Byrne.

Midfield is tough. I'd like to see Finn and Paddy O. Or Byrne maybe. Need pace with finn who I think is one of our best kick passers. Maybe Lillis too or could push flynn forward.

Barry,  evan, Paul kimgston and colm Murphy all to start.
Hard to call after that, maybe Corbet or walker at centre with paddy o's, lowry, kavangh or swayne on the wing.

Spiritof86

Goalkeeper and midfielder positions up for grabs . Will need those positions tied down before championship. Both a big issue . Don't think Lillis has the legs for inter county anymore . We lack pace in there  . Maybe O'Flynn an option . Was tried there last year and didn't exactly work out . Shortage of midfielders in the county .

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Spiritof86

Best team available to us .
That's not Damien O'Connor from Timahoe is it on the subs ?

Tier2

Quote from: Spiritof86 on January 27, 2023, 06:11:31 PM
Best team available to us .
That's not Damien O'Connor from Timahoe is it on the subs ?

Tis the very same.

Can't fault the team it is the strongest hand available. Possibly light from the bench but few injuries will do that.

Imagine lee Walker and Niall Corbett will see a nice bit of time

Tough to call I'm going with Laois by 2

Spiritof86

From last years championship panel there's no Mohan , conal Brennan , Campion , Bolger , Conor Heffernan, Donie Kingston , Alan Farrell , Danny o' Reilly , Cormac Murphy, Seam Moore , Gary Walsh ok and obviously Munnelly. This is a serious transitional period .

Junior Ex Laoistalk

It is and where better to start your transition than Div 4.
This Division should be very winnable for us so Division 4 champions this year and reaching the Tailteann Cup final next year are two realistic goals for us to aim for.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Spiritof86

Absolutely.
Pity Gary Walsh isn't involved this year . He scored 4-29 in the league last year . Division 4 would have  suited him even more .

Tier2

2 draws tonight from Wexford and Wicklow set up nicely if we get the win tomorrow.
Cahir healy named for London as well Wonder how he got on??

Unlaoised

I was there not long back ...(few pit stops on the way)

Backs were excellent .

Lillis was good picked up a lot of Finn's breaks and tackles the latter is a superb kicker of a long ball and him and Evan have a great understanding as shown by the 2nd goal.

Lowry was lively early with Paul Kingston looking very fit and hungry .

We created 6 goal chances only got 3 I think on target and scored two .

Corbett might prove useful outfield yet but needs to sharpen up .

A lot players I just don't know about big big changes but they all seemed to be reading from the same page today and worked hard .

Sligo fans were disgusted I think they were expecting an easy win ..

Up Laois
LAOIS ABÚ