2023 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 10, 2022, 08:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooming around

How in the name of God could a lad walk off a panel after a couple of games? It beggars belief.

Spiritof86

Quote from: Zooming around on March 01, 2023, 05:23:05 PM
How in the name of God could a lad walk off a panel after a couple of games? It beggars belief.

In all fairness this has been happening for years. 
In this case absolutely no loss .

However it doesn't alter the fact the limitations of our current regime.

Unlaoised

Let him walk ...Not a big loss

More important to get O'Carroll Finn and Byrne back for Saturday
LAOIS ABÚ

georgedoylesrightleg

i wouldnt have handed that player a laois jersery

Laois Rising

Hopefully Murphy's injury won't keep him out too long. He's not had a run of games with Laois due to the recurring nature of his injury. A forward line composing of players of the calibre of O'Carroll, Murphy, Barry, Kingston and Lowry should be be capable of kicking enough scores to challenge any county in the Tailteann Cup. I also think Niall Corbet, if given a run of games, has the potential to claim a starting position. The more natural scoring threats we can put out on the field the better we will be.

I'd also like to see Burke of Crettyard given the opportunity from the start against Waterford. This game provides Laois with an opportunity to make 2/3 changes and give younger players a chance to impress and gain experience. We need to find some solutions to our problems in the middle third of the field.

Butch Cassidy

Spiritof86

Robbo

If killkenny gave up hurling and entered a football team theyd beat Waterford last night.
Awful game to watch at times. Couldnt read much in to it from a laois point.

Spiritof86

The less said the better about last night .
I also wish the flexibility was there to bring some of these Division 4 matches like last nights to a somewhere like a  Port or Stradbally.

recyclebin

Division 4 is wide open after this weekends results.

Sideline12

Big game next against Leitrim win we qualify
lose and the odd are against us to qualify,

yes we will beat London in the last game.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Could this come down to score difference in the end or does head to head decide it.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Spiritof86

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on March 06, 2023, 09:58:50 AM
Could this come down to score difference in the end or does head to head decide it.

As per the Official GAA Guide - Part 1 - Section 6.21[5] -

If two teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the league phase, the following tie-breaking criteria are applied:

Where two teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two teams in the previous game in the Competition;
If three or more teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the league phase, the following tie-breaking criteria are applied:

Scoring Difference (subtracting the total scores against from total scores for);
Highest Total Score For;
A Play-Off.
In the event that two teams or more finish with equal points, but have been affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or walkover, the tie shall be decided by the following means:

Score Difference from the games in which only the teams involved, (teams tied on points), have played each other. (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For)
Highest Total Score For, in which only the teams involved, have played each other, and have finished equal in (i)
A Play-Off

The PRO

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on March 06, 2023, 09:58:50 AM
Head to head if two teams. Scoring difference if more than two teams.

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ