Laois Under 20 Football Championship 2022

Started by The PRO, November 07, 2022, 10:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Didn't see anywhere to post about this.
It's a terrible time of the year to be playing football but still some interesting games have taken place.
Looks like Ballyroan Abbey are going to be the team to beat. They play Portlaoise in one semi final.
In the other semi final Graigue will play whoever wins tonight between Mountmellick Parish and Courtwood/Emo.
The B seems to be quite competitive too with not too many walkovers (although they will probably increase in the next week or two). Ballylinan, Crettyard/Spink, Rosenallis, Clonaslee and Na Fianna Og all still in the running.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Can't see BA being caught at this grade. They will have plenty to spare over Portlaoise I think.

SCFC

Courtwood Emo murdered Mountmellick PG tonight. 5-13 to 0-4 or so. They play Graigue now Thursday night - what the rush is, I don't know!

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 07, 2022, 01:19:52 PM
Can't see BA being caught at this grade. They will have plenty to spare over Portlaoise I think.

Emo Courtwood are the only team that can catch Ballyroan. They will need Paddy Hosey back in the team if they want to do it though I think

Jd

Why are they being made play a semi on Thursday after only playing tonight. I'd imagine the pitches are very heavy now and lads are being slaughtered when the other semi isnt on till next wèek.  I think Hosey dod his cruciate with laois u20s earlier in the year so must be still out

Jd

I was down in carlow earlier so called in for a look at the Courtwood/Emo v Graigue match. Super match with C/E just eaging it despite being a point down with less than 5mins to play. County Board have a lot to answer for asking lads to play two championship matches in 4 days on heavy pitches  I heard that up to 6 lads had to travel from college twice this week to play despite the other semifinal not being on till next week.  Its going to turn lads off football. Sean Greene standout player for me. Certainly County material

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Jd on November 10, 2022, 10:31:27 PM
I was down in carlow earlier so called in for a look at the Courtwood/Emo v Graigue match. Super match with C/E just eaging it despite being a point down with less than 5mins to play. County Board have a lot to answer for asking lads to play two championship matches in 4 days on heavy pitches  I heard that up to 6 lads had to travel from college twice this week to play despite the other semifinal not being on till next week.  Its going to turn lads off football. Sean Greene standout player for me. Certainly County material
You not an Paul's man?

Jd

The PRO

Straightforward enough for BA in the final last night. Courtwood Emo not at the races from the very start. Very little more you can say. The big guns, Fitzpatrick, McEvoy, James McWey, Obular and the Rathdowney man Rafter all played very well. Only O'Flynn showed any resistance at all for CE.
There simply has to be the material there for a senior title for BA over the next few years.

The PRO

And of course I should have mentioned Greene when it came to a good effort from the losing team last might. He was double or treble teamed every time he got on the ball.

Jd

Fair play to B/A  the better team by far.  C/E carrying a few platers and had very few options off the bench. Apparently lost 5 startets from the corresponding minor winning team. The only worry for B/A is that they have a good few players who hurl senior and that might split the resources a bit especially with Abbeyleix putting a big effort on the first year back up. Serious money committed to Ballyroan to win a senior championship I hear.

SCFC

The B final this weekend should be a decent game. Na Fianna Og v Crettyard Spink.
Spink seem to have a lot of good young lads on the team. It should be close.

The A final last weekend was disappointing. I thought CE would run BA closer but they were very much second best on the night. I'd like to see Shaun Fitzpatrick and Davin McEvoy in with Laois seniors. They are well up to that level.

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on November 30, 2022, 01:11:53 PM
The B final this weekend should be a decent game. Na Fianna Og v Crettyard Spink.
Spink seem to have a lot of good young lads on the team. It should be close.

The A final last weekend was disappointing. I thought CE would run BA closer but they were very much second best on the night. I'd like to see Shaun Fitzpatrick and Davin McEvoy in with Laois seniors. They are well up to that level.

yet another fine example of the bed hopping that goes on and is allowed go on in this County

The Holders of the u20B title Crettyard as part of Na Fianna last year are playing Crettyard who with Spink are the challengers this year

Crettyard have been in 3 juvenile amalgamations in the past 5/6 years, Spink in 2 in the same time

Crettyard were let walk out of a sucessful na fianna set up last year and spink did similar with park.

lets see Handy address bed hopping in his report and the county boards inactivity in this regard

SCFC

B final tonight was decent enough. No great surprise that Spink Crettyard were stronger. Spink have some fine young lads there and if they could get there best 15 out would surely win their championship, junior A I think.
Quinlan and Kehoe are lovely players.
The obvious 2 Crettyard lads Burke and Jonah Kelly played well too.
Ben Slattery and Kodi Dunne tried very hard for the losers.