Tailteann Cup 2022

Started by The Boy Wonder, May 25, 2022, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boy Wonder

Round 1 of Tailteann Cup next Sunday and Westmeath's captain reckons that they could go all the way :
https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/323622

What are the chances of our lads softening his cough ?

Laois Rising

After such a long break since our last game, hopefully Billy the the management team have found a way of hitting the re-set button and we see a reinvigorated Laois side on Sunday. Having the Kingstons back playing will give a boost of confidence to the team as well. Had we had to play a week or two after the Wicklow loss I wouldn't have expected much. However, having brought in a number of younger players to add a bit of freshness and competition for places in the last couple of weeks in training, let's hope it has the desired effect.

Butch Cassidy

I just hope the players show some pride and give Westmeath a good rattle. I hope management have a better structure and gameplan in place.

Anyone want to hazard a guess on the team? Westmeath after Cavan are probably favourites to win it out so wouldn't be throwing in all the young lads but would be nice to see some pace added to the team

SCFC

Very difficult to predict the team I think.
Bolger will be back in goals as Byron is out injured.
Presume Timmons, Mohan, Dillon and Collins will be starters. I hear Adam Campion is going well in training and challenge games.
Probably O'Flynn and Lillis midfield although Daly or Finn deserve a chance.
Hopefully both Kingstons are fully fit in attack. O'Carroll, Barry, Lowry probably all there or thereabouts. 
It would be good to see a few of the under 20's getting some game time. Not much to lose in a game that means so little!

Spiritof86

Hoping for a half decent enough crowd Sunday . Football needs a lift in the county .
Expect a few changes going by the challenge match's against Clare and Leitrim .
Bolger or Gorman in goals .
Full back line picks itself . Looks like paddy O'Sullivan will be back centre back and O'Flynn and Kavanagh either side . Danny O'Reilly midfield with either Lillis or Finn . Two Kingstons and can see Kevin Swayne starting too . He's looks to be going well . Evan , Barry and Lowry should start aswell.
John O'Loughlin has been starting in the forwards in recent challenge games so we'll see what happens .

WT4E

Does winning Tailteann Cup give you an automatic All Ireland Place next year (Like Europa League?)

Spiritof86

The winner of the 2022 Tailteann Cup will be guaranteed a place in the 2023 Sam Maguire Competition

Spiritof86

Seven changes from Wicklow game . Like the team . Nice bit of balance to it . Looking forward to seeing how Swayne, Heffernan and Greene perform . Paddy O back CB makes sense . Best of luck lads

Robbo

Best of luck to the lads. Big ask against the team I think are the one to beat.

We have some good kick-passers in finn and the Kingstons. You'd love to see Evan get good ball close to goal if we can isolate him in there 1 on 1.

Helmut

Poor enough game in the end. Both sides lacking quality.

The game was definietely there for the winning but we shot ourselves in the foot so many times.
Disappointing to see such a small crowd but I suppose we would have expected that.

Helix.

Surely the end of Ross after today. A mighty servant to Laois football.

town1980

We looked to the bench to win a game to Ross ,liliis,and jol,all slow older players there time is done and have been great servants time to get someone in to get the best players playing for Laois too many of them in the stand today unfortunately

on the hop

I wonder will there be retirements? Will there be management changes?

redsetanta

'Too many of them in the stand'

Who was sitting in the stand that should have been playing?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Chrimtain

Even though we were not the better team yesterday, we could have won that game. Unforced errors killed us. As well as that, about mid way through the second half, we needed an injection of pace into the forward line. Unfortunately, that pace wasn't available on the subs bench yesterday. Instead, we resorted to lads who, although they have given their all to Laois in the pasture, are now over the hill. Poor management, I'm afraid.