Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Big wake up call again for Laois football. Portarlington are a very strong Laois team, but they were thrown around last night. The difference in physicality and fitness was massive . The players who declined the opportunity to join up with Laois should probably have a rethink.

georgedoylesrightleg

classy to put the boot in when lads are down

The PRO

No one more disappointed than Port themselves. They know they are better than that. Just one of those nights where nearly the whole starting 15 played well below their level. Crokes didn't even have to play particularly well.

Laois Rising

Kilmacud had their homework done on Portarlington. Got their match ups right and the lighter Port forwards was physically dominated by their markers. It's a fair point made-Port players physically fit and strong enough for Laois club football but its a different ball game playing Kilmacud who would pretty much match up to any county team in terms of their physicality and conditioning. People were optimistic that Port were timing their run this season but getting the rub of the green against Ballyroan-Abbey, Portlaoise and a Castletown team who were minus Ben Brosnan on the day was probably an indication of where they were at really. Still though winning three county titles in a row is no easy feat and that Kilmacud team I reckon will win the All-Ireland title this year. No shame losing out to a side of their calibre.   

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on November 20, 2022, 11:22:24 AM

I don't think that's putting the boot in, it's a fair point.
Very hard to play against this calabre of players when you have no county experience or county level training. To me that was Portlaoise's downfall on many an occasion when they just needed that little bit more to win games but physic and fitness let them down.
Some of the Portarlington lads would benifit hugely from a stint with the county but that's totally up to themselves as it doesn't suit everyone.
Great year for them and hard luck Portarlington...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

You're right Junior. I had no intention of putting the boot in. I'd be delighted if any Laois club could win a Leinster. I think Portarlington, like Portlaoise before them, have a well above average panel. However like Portlaoise, not enough of their players commit to Laois, and the better ones should I'm my opinion. It's a win-win-win situation. It makes Laois stronger. It helps them to improve as players, and that helps their club.

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on November 21, 2022, 02:14:13 PM
Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on November 20, 2022, 11:22:24 AM

I don't think that's putting the boot in, it's a fair point.
Very hard to play against this calabre of players when you have no county experience or county level training. To me that was Portlaoise's downfall on many an occasion when they just needed that little bit more to win games but physic and fitness let them down.
Some of the Portarlington lads would benifit hugely from a stint with the county but that's totally up to themselves as it doesn't suit everyone.
Great year for them and hard luck Portarlington...
hours aftrer bein beaten? yah, i'd say theyd love to hear that

High Fielder

Their own coach said they were beaten by a far superior team immediately after the match. You're just trolling. Again

georgedoylesrightleg

not trollin. they were beatedn by better team on the day. but you put boot in re them playing for laois. you call me a troll all you like, weak way out.

High Fielder

100% troll. Not that it bothers me. You do what you have to do.