Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbo

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Robbo on November 06, 2022, 10:39:08 PM
Think port will beat kilmacd.

Think Crokes will do them by 5/6/7 points . Crokes will be better set for Port this year as they know what Port are about now . Shane Walsh will take a bit of stopping

Chrimtain

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 06, 2022, 11:01:04 PM
Quote from: Robbo on November 06, 2022, 10:39:08 PM
Think port will beat kilmacd.

Think Crokes will do them by 5/6/7 points . Crokes will be better set for Port this year as they know what Port are about now . Shane Walsh will take a bit of stopping

Don't you think it's possible Portarlington may have learned something from last year too? Maybe you think only Dublin teams are capable of learning from previous encounters?

Laois man

Won't it be great to see port beating a super club like crokes. Bennett will probably pick up Shane Walsh he's a series defender. Port will be full of confidence after a good display yesterday

The PRO

Excellent from Port yesterday. Clinical. Smelt blood and showed no mercy. They also have Keith Bracken, Jake Foster and Daragh Slevin to come back into the running for the semi final.
They'll still be outsiders but I expect them to give this an almighty go.

Jd

Port were beating crokes comfortably last year till crokes realised that osbourne couldn't kick long due to a hamstring injury and pushed up agressivley on kickouts. If they do that this time then port have the option of kicking over the press and if crokes get caught behind the ball then port have the pace to really punish them. Port will give it a good rattle and i think will come out on top by a couple of piints

blueandwhite1

Crokes have near-professional level fitness. If you haven't beaten them well with 50 minutes on the clock it is very difficult to stay with them. A bit like the Dubs in their prime. Hopefully Port learned that from last year and have made adjustments.

Laois man

Silkyskillssunshinee

As much as I want to Port win it, I can't see them overturning Kilmacud Crokes in Croker. They should have won the AI last year and added probably one of the best forwards in the country to their team in Walsh.

Best of luck to Port all the same. Incredible last few seasons for them and hope to see a few of their team commit to Laois next year

SCFC

Crokes are a very balanced team. Take Walsh out and there's no real stars. Port are similar I suppose and have a very strong team with few if any weak links so I think it will be very tight in Croker.

Smellyball

Port will do well to get within 7 or 8 points of them.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on November 09, 2022, 03:19:29 PM
port to win pullin up

Jaysus George it's only 2 weeks ago that Castletown without Ben Brosnan almost took Ports scalp .

Spiritof86

Best of luck to Port night at HQ . Huge task for them . If it's still tight going into the last 10/15 mins they'll have a serious chance . Kilmacud are a machine though and you would think they'll be taking nothing for granted after last year .