Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jd

Could be rubbish but I heard that Dan shanahan is definitely on board.  Came from a good source in Waterford who also said that he's very shrewd on the line and very well regarded down there

redsetanta

In fairness that's as good a management line up as we could have hoped for.

Well done to whoever got Maher in
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

georgedoylesrightleg

the dan is in. thats an unreel management team. gas to think all the lads here givin the cb shite. they took there time and got the right men. few lads mite feel bit silly today

Silkyskillssunshinee

Couple of talented underage players coming through the system between the Minor and U20s last season. It's not all doom and gloom as some would have you believe.

Spiritof86

I don't believe a lot of people think it's all doom and gloom . I think supporters naturally vented a little frustration at how long it took to appoint a manager . Nothing wrong that . Onwards and upwards now . Cheddar been touted for role with Offaly I hear !?

redsetanta

Cheddar should be given a role within the county if he would take it on.

The promotion, coaching and organisation of underage hurling in the county would benefit from his input.

mcwregor

Quote from: redsetanta on September 30, 2022, 12:29:03 PM
Cheddar should be given a role within the county if he would take it on.

The promotion, coaching and organisation of underage hurling in the county would benefit from his input.

Vital to our progression that someone takes up this role. Cheddar would be ideal for the job. I see kilkenny are employing someone full time to the role of underage structures and development. We need to do this without delay to avoid falling further behind.

G@@

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on September 30, 2022, 09:40:11 AM
the dan is in. thats an unreel management team. gas to think all the lads here givin the cb shite. they took there time and got the right men. few lads mite feel bit silly today

I would be of the opinion that an incoming county manager should be confirmed before the quarter final stages of the Laois hurling championship so that they get an opportunity to sample the best Laois club teams hurling do-or-die in order to grasp an appreciation for the state of the game west of Portlaoise.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: G@@ on October 01, 2022, 11:34:51 PM
Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on September 30, 2022, 09:40:11 AM

I would be of the opinion that an incoming county manager should be confirmed before the quarter final stages of the Laois hurling championship so that they get an opportunity to sample the best Laois club teams hurling do-or-die in order to grasp an appreciation for the state of the game west of Portlaoise.

better ta get the right man now than the wrong man then

Keyser Söze

It's not the point.
There was sufficient time to get the right man.
Nobody is suggesting rushing for the sake of it/giving the job to anybody at all who wants it.

But

You'd hope that the selection committee and CB are at least privately acknowledging that the process ran on too long.
Identifying why.
Intending that this won't happen the next time etc.

Anybody involved who cannot acknowledge that the length of time it took (& the public manner in which Maher was offered the job) made the process look very amateurish/desperate shouldn't be involved again.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

georgedoylesrightleg

aye, sack the men who got the best man available. by god.

Spiritof86

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on October 03, 2022, 08:46:29 AM
aye, sack the men who got the best man available. by god.

Agenda" is a word, taken directly from Latin, meaning "things which must be done." It is often (but not necessarily) used with the negative connotation of "hidden plan."