The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

You're doing your bit. You always come out to defend them, which in itself is admirable. I couldn't be anywhere near them tbh. I think they're rotten to the core

georgedoylesrightleg

you see what you want to see. i dont defend them. we need new blood. not lads screeming online. get involved. oterwise your no better

High Fielder

Laois GAA 2022. No women. No Coaching Officer. No change. Embarrassing

Giovanni

Pardon my ignorance but what does a coaching officer do?

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tintin84

Quote from: Giovanni on December 06, 2022, 10:57:14 AM

Well, Fergal Byron was the coaching officer before and I have seen him do f##k all. So anyone that wanted it could possibly do it.

clonadmad

Quote from: Tintin84 on December 07, 2022, 08:47:25 AM
Quote from: Giovanni on December 06, 2022, 10:57:14 AM

Well, Fergal Byron was the coaching officer before and I have seen him do f##k all. So anyone that wanted it could possibly do it.

Maybe I'm being unfair but id be of a similar mind to you, What i saw of him in the position, he contributed very little in public or in meetings.

Martin Byrne as Treasurer on the other hand has been exceptional these past 13 years, fully across his brief, articulate and a very capable officer.

One thing alone would tell you how brilliant he was at his job, the Centre of excellence came in at 2% over budget from start to finish, compare and contrast with nearly every other build of consequence in this country, Paschal McEvoy has big shoes to fill.

Coaching Officer, Development Officer and PRO currently have no one to take them on,3 Vacant and Vital positions, which actually involve hard work and leadership.

Still at least we had an election for lads to go to Congress.

Robbo

Quote from: clonadmad on December 07, 2022, 11:14:16 AM
Coaching Officer, Development Officer and PRO currently have no one to take them on,3 Vacant and Vital positions, which actually involve hard work and leadership.

Still at least we had an election for lads to go to Congress.

never taught of it like that but when its spelt out you can see how self-serving this all is.

Butch Cassidy

End of an era Ross retiring. What a player! Some great memories he gave us over the years.

It would be great to see him involved with the underage teams.

Lost soul 2

Well done Ross,owes county nothing be great see him with underage teams,what a great example of a county player

Butch Cassidy

Has the minor panel been finalised yet?

SCFC

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on February 02, 2023, 05:56:05 PM
I believe it has. They had to.make one or two changes to what they had originally chosen.

Butch Cassidy

Any word on what they are like SCFC?

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on February 02, 2023, 06:32:07 PM
Quote from: Butch Cassidy on February 02, 2023, 05:56:05 PM
I believe it has. They had to.make one or two changes to what they had originally chosen.

They had brought up 15 odd u16's to have a look at and a good few of them then had let back down to their own age grade