Official Laois County Board Website

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 12, 2020, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blow-in

Makes a change from Stradbally & Annanough Today

blueandwhite1

Tough crowd to please.

Not too long ago all we had was the Leinster express and the Nationalist, both of which are a far cry behind LaoisToday in terms of local news and especially GAA. They also have a 21st century online presence. I think they are doing a fine job and I don't really see that there is that much bias in terms of one part of the county over the other. They are a young small team and provide plenty of entertainment and enthusiasm.

clonadmad

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on June 22, 2020, 12:12:25 PM
Tough crowd to please.

Not too long ago all we had was the Leinster express and the Nationalist, both of which are a far cry behind LaoisToday in terms of local news and especially GAA. They also have a 21st century online presence. I think they are doing a fine job and I don't really see that there is that much bias in terms of one part of the county over the other. They are a young small team and provide plenty of entertainment and enthusiasm.

Aye

Football Today

Even when it's a hurling story they find a way to shoehorn a mention of football into it

Editors Bias and all that

Keyser Söze

On one hand fair play to them. Certainly filling a gap and providing accessible content.

On the other I'd have to agree the two way fawning over anyone who engages with them is childlike.
Reply to a few tweets, mention them in a few of your own, and suddenly you are a celebrity and will be mentioned non stop. One particular club on the Offaly border gets a lot more coverage than their status and grade would suggest they should- going as far as giving updates on stag parties.
It's a little bit sad from all involved, but an example of "playing the game" for your little bit of fame.

I'd also have to agree with Clonadmad- some of the errors/omissions on their Reeling in the Years podcasts in relaying to hurling were criminal.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 23, 2020, 08:12:20 AM
the two way fawning over anyone who engages with them is childlike.
Reply to a few tweets, mention them in a few of your own, and suddenly you are a celebrity and will be mentioned non stop.
Nail on the head.
Look, it's a good service. The matchday blogs are excellent. But some of the other stuff is a bit cringey. And it might be just me but (if you're reading this lads!) you really overuse the word "serious"!
Serious style. Serious craic. Serious excitement.  ;)

recyclebin

Looks like LaoisToday is the now the best source for fixtures in the county. They have all the date and fixtures for the league. Good luck try finding that on laoisgaa.ie

Laoisgaa.ie used to be excellent for fixures and results. You could filter fixtures by club and find things easily. The current website is a mess.

Heshs Umpire

I'm reluctant to criticise anyone involved in the website of in the PR side of things in general. It's a huge voluntary task.
Some of the stuff is very good such as the Laois GAA TV service and the social media channels but the website really seems to be neglected. I've lost count of how many relaunches or reboots it has had now over the years but it always seems to lag behind other counties. A pity.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

clonadmad

Games starting this week

Fixtures and results showing from 19 and 20

Every other county has their act together and websites updated

recyclebin

Leagues up and running now and spectators are allowed but no sign of anything on the official website. Bit of a farce if you ask me. Are we all supposed to work out the league tables ourselves?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Looks like the Co. Board have lost all interest in the County teams in Laois. They never promote upcoming games and leave us to find out about team selection and venues by any other means we can.
Awful website and mirrors what the Co. Board think about the players and fans..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

recyclebin

Just by chance I've managed to find this years clubs fixtures/results on the website. You have to scroll a mile down the fixtures page through 2019 and 2020 to get to 2021  >:(

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Heshs Umpire

Credit where its due. The fixtures and results now appear at the top i.e. the most recent ones appear first.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Junior Ex Laoistalk

They must have been reading this thread. Well done lads, its a bit better now.
Still a lot of work needed on the site, our u20 footballers are out in the championship tonight and not a word about them...

Match is being streamed live on the Wicklow Gaa Facebook page tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/events/333271448202565/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22search_results%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22search%22%7D]%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D

You might have to create a free account to watch it.

recyclebin

League Tables is next on list please!