The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Quote from: Giovanni on January 26, 2023, 04:33:31 PM
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is the role of the coaching officer?

The  Coaching Officer will encourage all club coaches to attend appropriate courses, workshops and seminars and receive coaching qualifications. The  Coaching Officer will also oversee the recruitment, appointment and development of coaches within the county , e.g. by sourcing mentors.

Giovanni

Thanks a million.

It does sound like it's a job for a person who can motivate people to get involved and to upskill. Not an easy job in fairness.

clonadmad

What is needed is what Duignan did in Offaly

Bring 6-8 liked minded people with him and have ready made Cabinet if you will

I see Castlecomer took a bit of a beating off Birr today in the Senior Schools B Semi Final After Comer beating Heywood by a Point AET in the Quarter Final,

they play the winners of Naas V Kilcormac in the Leinster B Final

while the Offaly Schools team are in the A semifinal this weekend

Ogie

Rumours circulating from our Football & Hurling Academy Squads that our Coaching and Games office / staff in disarray with a number of pending departures

Awful Pity to see & damaging for our County, with Offaly and all around us making great strides forwards, backwards at a rate of knots we are going.

redsetanta

Nothing like some good news to start the Laois Gaa day!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Laois played Westmeath in a minor trial last weekend,won well

Laois played an u20 selection from Tipperary,got a bit of a hiding

Jd

Minors havent played anyone yet. Might have been u16. First minor practise match is Saturday v Wicklow.

Jd

Apologies ........this is a hurling stream. Mixed up my codes

clonadmad

Quote from: Jd on February 02, 2023, 11:27:06 AM
Minors havent played anyone yet. Might have been u16. First minor practise match is Saturday v Wicklow.

Minor Hurlers have also played and beaten Carlow in the past 10 days

Blow-in

Quote from: Ogie on February 01, 2023, 05:14:49 PM
Rumours circulating from our Football & Hurling Academy Squads that our Coaching and Games office / staff in disarray with a number of pending departures

Awful Pity to see & damaging for our County, with Offaly and all around us making great strides forwards, backwards at a rate of knots we are going.

How true is this?

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on February 03, 2023, 07:25:56 AM
Quote from: Ogie on February 01, 2023, 05:14:49 PM

How true is this?

Very true

Zooming around

I emailed Conor Shannon yesterday and it bounced straight back to say he had finished his role with Laois GAA on January 27th.

So he's gone anyway whatever about the rest of them.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on February 03, 2023, 11:19:37 AM
I emailed Conor Shannon yesterday and it bounced straight back to say he had finished his role with Laois GAA on January 27th.

So he's gone anyway whatever about the rest of them.

Conor Gone

1 more about to finish up

and another also on the way out

Laois man

Whatsthe story here lads why are they leaving?

Ogie

Games Manager with notice given in

Jason Coffey gone, taking up a new role
Conor Shannon gone, taking up a new role

Dispute with the County board and new head of S&C I believe,

We are left with one County GDA ( Football)

No new club GDA's being rolled out this year

A disaster , instead of getting better or trying to improve things we've hit the self destruct button,
I've said it before here, look across the border at what Offaly are doing with their coaching and games department, another huge victory for them today with the Offaly School Team project,

While our academy squads being run by lads that can't get a job in their clubs with no interest, oversight , planning or forward thinking from County Board and little from the coaching office.