6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Isn't everybody incl SF "Status Quo" by negotiating/accepting the GFA?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 07, 2022, 11:21:41 AM
See someone mentioned Hargey previously. She hardly been standing out with the Benefit assessments mess.

She's not qualified or able for the job

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on May 07, 2022, 11:06:06 AM
Here's a question one for ye, Alliance now more a nationalist based party than unionist?

No

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: The Subbie on May 07, 2022, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 07, 2022, 10:41:49 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on May 07, 2022, 10:38:21 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 07, 2022, 10:04:45 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 07, 2022, 09:39:29 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 07, 2022, 12:09:34 AM
It will be a sad inditement of this place if Nichola Mallon loses her seat

Why?

You blaming the voters?

What's her top 5 achievements during her tenure?

I think she was a good worker , yes I suppose I would find it odd to see why she would be voted out in the same way Id argue in favour of robin swann
https://www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/news/mallon-looks-back-two-years-infrastructure-minister

So she picked up and rubber stamped an already developed list of priority infrastructure projects
If that's it that's a wee bit underwhelming to be honest

Did she initiate any new procurement processes in tendering ?
Did she parcel up delivery of multiple projects into delivery programmes to provide longevity of work & value to the taxpayer
The list of "achievements " you attribute to her were defined as projects , scoped up as projects & developed as projects by others
She's come in at the final 1/2 lap & press releases them for the kudos - which isn't what I originally asked
What can you legitimately point at as a "pure bred" achievement of her time in that portfolio or what has she , solely , delivered for her constituents ? Stand alone , tangible , real & positive examples , I'm curious

She was of course picking up after 3 years of no infrastructure development at all because SF/DUP sat on their holes. Where is this irish language act which caused us so much pain.  Btw gone you list what the rest have done

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on May 07, 2022, 11:45:41 AM

Why?

You blaming the voters?

I think she was a good worker , yes I suppose I would find it odd to see why she would be voted out in the same way Id argue in favour of robin swann

Are you sure?

Check out her work on the MOT issues and taxi issues under her watch.

Don't conflate that she's a decent person and comes across well with the work that she's done.

Mot. Wise up , glad I didn't have to do one lol

The Subbie

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 07, 2022, 12:24:40 PM

Why?

You blaming the voters?

https://www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/news/mallon-looks-back-two-years-infrastructure-minister

So she picked up and rubber stamped an already developed list of priority infrastructure projects

Did she parcel up delivery of multiple projects into delivery programmes to provide longevity of work & value to the taxpayer
The list of "achievements " you attribute to her were defined as projects , scoped up as projects & developed as projects by others
She's come in at the final 1/2 lap & press releases them for the kudos - which isn't what I originally asked
What can you legitimately point at as a "pure bred" achievement of her time in that portfolio or what has she , solely , delivered for her constituents ? Stand alone , tangible , real & positive examples , I'm curious

She was of course picking up after 3 years of no infrastructure development at all because SF/DUP sat on their holes. Where is this irish language act which caused us so much pain.  Btw gone you list what the rest have done

I have a healthy enough cynicism for politicians and their achievements but you are the person telling anyone who will listen that the assembly will be the poorer place without Mallon , you still haven't said why that is .
Like I said , I'm genuinely curious why you would say that
If you can't substantiate what you are saying that's fair enough
Maybe the electorate of North Belfast know more than you do .........

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: The Subbie on May 07, 2022, 12:49:18 PM

Why?

You blaming the voters?

I have a healthy enough cynicism for politicians and their achievements but you are the person telling anyone who will listen that the assembly will be the poorer place without Mallon , you still haven't said why that is .

I did say in my last post, you just didn't like it, sorry I can't say no more.

Walter Cronc

Sad state of affairs when the green party didn't make it in South Belfast. Did nationalists really consider their transfers to Alliance. I think not. The GP stood aside for SDLP but Alliance refused to in the recent Westminster (Brexit) election. Shameful.  Hopefully this is a wake up call for the party.

marty34

Why?

You blaming the voters?

He's had a bad day yesterday - results didn't go his way and it's everybody else's fault.

Blames the electorate for not picking his candidates...lol.

The Subbie

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 07, 2022, 01:00:12 PM

Why?

You blaming the voters?

Not really a like / dislike situation here fear
You made a statement & couldn't back it up with any facts
It happens

The Boy Wonder

Jim Allister should change his party's name from TUV to Mé Féin  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: The Subbie on May 07, 2022, 01:27:08 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 07, 2022, 01:00:12 PM

Why?

You blaming the voters?

Not really a like / dislike situation here fear
You made a statement & couldn't back it up with any facts
It happens

I sent you a link . You double click on these things, get one of your wains to show you

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on May 07, 2022, 01:17:48 PM

Why?

You blaming the voters?

He's had a bad day yesterday - results didn't go his way and it's everybody else's fault.

Blames the electorate for not picking his candidates...lol.

I had a fantastic day away with my daughter ,really enjoyed it. Aontú also beat PBP so I'm happy .

pbat

Mervyn Storey - TUV screwed him over by not transferring. Hilarious

Itchy

Quote from: pbat on May 07, 2022, 01:43:34 PM
Mervyn Storey - TUV screwed him over by not transferring. Hilarious

TUV not transferring to other unionist to the extent they should have is a big story of this election too. The fact they won't increase their seats despite a sizeable increase in 1st preference votes is very amusing.