Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O moore parklife

Sounds promising was it the o dempseys lad nurney thst started ???

Giovanni

Really didn't notice Donie being on fire to be honest!

Of the new lads, apart from those mentioned already, I thought Cormac Murphy did well especially in the first half. The Kelly lad (before injury) and George from Mountmellick both did well in the corner back positions. I also thought Farrell looked very comfortable at 6.

Opposition were pretty poor though it has to be said.......

Unlaoised

Moore was decent kinda feel when he turns for a score you know its going over he did well to set up Donie for the goal.

Kingston did some really nice things todayi thought he was excellent .

Finn and meaney were good in first half but both looked shattered after 25 mins

Doran finished strongly with three super scores .

George murphy and Nerney were all good but DIT werent up too much to be honest .

LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Thought it was a good competitive game  and most of the lads performed well. We seem to be working to a plan with loads of encouragement coming from the sideline and Creedon in particular.
I don't agree that DIT were poor, we defended very well and most of the time they were shooting under pressure.

On the negative side I thought midfield were poor under the high ball and I only counted one mark being given to us, Meaney didn't catch one clean ball throughout the whole game despite the majority of kickouts going down on top of him. We only managed to stay three points in front of them for most of the game until Doran kicked three great points from distance and put a bit of daylight between us.

Young Moore worked himself into position very well for the goal and showed great composure picking out Donie when he could have had a go himself. He looks a great prospect as long as he doesn't let it go to his head like some of our former "stars" did when they were young..

Overall I enjoyed it and I love the way they all worked and fought as if it were a championship game. Creedon certainly seems to be doing something right and it looks like he has the respect of the players from what I could see there today.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

on the hop

probably a sign of what's to come, they broke every kickout, they had a lot of big men in that area. there have to be a better strategy than lumping it into the middle going forward.

Unlaoised

Meaney was off his game catching wise Finn caught one great ball....But they were outnumbered in there with bodies and size...Hopefully with Quigley and O'Loughlin back and maybe Finn as a half forward and Lillis there you'd have more of a presence around that area still thought two midfielders worked very hard especially in the first half.

LAOIS ABÚ

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 09, 2017, 10:32:30 AM
Meaney was off his game catching wise Finn caught one great ball....But they were outnumbered in there with bodies and size...Hopefully with Quigley and O'Loughlin back and maybe Finn as a half forward and Lillis there you'd have more of a presence around that area still thought two midfielders worked very hard especially in the first half.

Will Quigley be back? Suggestion from previous post that he wouldnt.

steven seagal

No, Quigley will be out for two months or possibly more

Ballyroan Abbey

Is their any truth to the rumour that sean george was asked back? Wouldbt of thought so personally but seeing his brother playing the other day gave it a small bit of creditbility

Junior Ex Laoistalk

What do lads think of this?  Is it going too far I wonder ???

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

For an intercounty team you might understand it somewhat but for a club team.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

steven seagal

Wasn't it St Brigid's that brought their U-14 team away for a training camp before the Féile a few years ago? Plenty of notions up there. The idea of playing football just to enjoy it seems to be dying out, which is very sad I think

Tony

It is going a bit far in my opinion. Reading that contract is like reading a work contract. Clubs ought to remember that lads are getting zero pay for this. They also should be careful what they wish for. Giving your players a nice amount of flexibility to enjoy their life outside GAA is surely better than players not showing up next year as it is too strict & they don't have a life outside GAA (like some potential Laois players and other county pleyers have done).

Of course, a good balance can be achieved. But this is taking the fun out of it - lads have 40 hour work week, too. They don't want to be signing up for another work contract that they don't get paid for. At the end of the day, as an earlier poster commented : playing GAA is a hobby and should be fun, first and foremost. Of course it's nice to have a dedicated panel but a panel that is not enjoying themselves will not succeed.

Keyser Söze

TBH, there is very little in the document that wouldn't be expected of most serious Senior Club footballers.
The story really is that it was "written down" in the form of a "contract".
It's probably some manager wanting to make an early impression that has backfired.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......