Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?

Started by full moon, May 07, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlier Championship

Success
59 (38.6%)
Failure
61 (39.9%)
Too early to say
33 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Feckitt

When will National league fixtures be announced,  I'm trying to book  a break for next spring?

marty34

Quote from: Feckitt on August 15, 2022, 05:31:04 PM
When will National league fixtures be announced,  I'm trying to book  a break for next spring?

Good question.

Not sure.  Would it be the New Year?

Great idea though, pick a game and get a place booked asap. Good bit cheaper if you book it earlier.

Barnster

I think they were released around December last year.

Rossfan

Before Covid weren't they usually out round the end of October?
Is similar timescale as this year is used you're looking atfixtures being weekends of
29 Jan, 5 Feb, 12 Feb
26 Feb, 5 Mar,
19 Mar and 26 Mar.
Plus Finals 2 April?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eire90

should the league final be played outside of croke park and a different ground each year what are the attendances for league finals would they get a full crowd if played in  smaller ground and i think its different from club finals as teams in division 1 usually get to  an opportunity to play in croke park often anyway and the tailteaan cup gives small teams more opportunity now to play there  so its not  the case of but your denying there dream of playing in croke park.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on August 17, 2022, 12:45:39 PM
should the league final be played outside of croke park and a different ground each year what are the attendances for league finals would they get a full crowd if played in  smaller ground and i think its different from club finals as teams in division 1 usually get to  an opportunity to play in croke park often anyway and the tailteaan cup gives small teams more opportunity now to play there  so its not  the case of but your denying there dream of playing in croke park.

League finals for Casement 2067
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

naka

Quote from: Eire90 on August 17, 2022, 12:45:39 PM
Can't see this happening croke park have up to 10000 premium tickets holders to cater for

seafoid

I think advertisers might have a bigger say over fans.
There will be loads to discuss about this year. Penalty shootouts, no time for replays, rushed All Ireland and how it will pan out next year with the mini leagues.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

With a more congested season next year HQ are already looking at what they can drop to make room. Connacht GAA chief John Prenty has called for league finals to be scrapped.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eire90

But you will never seeing callling for  them to get rid of provincials

Eire90

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 21, 2022, 02:55:47 PM
With a more congested season next year HQ are already looking at what they can drop to make room. Connacht GAA chief John Prenty has called for league finals to be scrapped.

that leads  to more dead rubbers teams that cant get 1st or be relegated have nothing to play for   if they had a chance to get 2nd to make a league final they still have something to play for

Eire90

if it was me i would actually bring back league semi finals but maybe just have one of them 2nd v 3rd to play 1st in final.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eire90 on August 21, 2022, 03:20:13 PM
He'll probably be looking to play the Connacht FBD pre season comp in his centre again next Jan also. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Quote from: Eire90 on August 21, 2022, 03:22:12 PM

that leads  to more dead rubbers teams that cant get 1st or be relegated have nothing to play for   if they had a chance to get 2nd to make a league final they still have something to play for

Finishing higher up the league is going to be important for seedings in the group stage of the championship and Tailteann so I doubt there's much of a risk of dead rubbers if they got rid of finals.
Still don't think they should - would only "save" one weekend.

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 21, 2022, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on August 21, 2022, 03:20:13 PM
He'll probably be looking to play the Connacht FBD pre season comp in his centre again next Jan also.
Ya can be sure of it >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM