Colm Parkinson/The GAA Hour

Started by gallsman, November 09, 2020, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver hill

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 07, 2022, 01:03:10 AM
Quote from: Silver hill on July 06, 2022, 11:08:26 PM
Meath/ Mayo in 96 was a violent brawl. The incident at the end of normal time was 95% handbags and generally just pushing and shoving (apart from the two incidents that have already been outlined).
Ease off on the old hyperbole lads. Very easy to get carried away with the hand wringing.

I also think the entire thing has been over sensationalised.

But if you are going back over 25 years to use an example of a worse brawl, its not proving the point you think it is

Ok then, Lavey ballinderry in the Derry championship last year was a 'violent brawl'. For me, a violet brawl is a sustained fist fight with multiple participants. It's not a part of our game that I condone in any way but unfortunately it's still happening week in week out at all age groups. Anyone involved in the GAA in any county knows exactly what constitutes a violet brawl and what is handbags

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: rrhf on July 07, 2022, 09:40:10 AM
After the brawl send off the 2 captains and managers as a standard measure.
The only way to punish a team in real time and to encourage internal discipline within a camp. It is nigh on impossible to single out individuals.
Standard punishment which will deter the messy pile ons. 
Wrestling black card offence.   10 mins sinbin.
Wrestling and a throw straight red. 
Punch, kick or gouge staright red.

You'd have a lot of corner forwards as captains!
Hasta la victoria siempre

snoopdog

Any idea why the GAA social podcast decided to stop after the 2 semi finals were played. ?? Is Niblock not over Derry getting knocked out yet. 

Under Lights

Quote from: snoopdog on July 21, 2022, 09:16:43 PM
Any idea why the GAA social podcast decided to stop after the 2 semi finals were played. ?? Is Niblock not over Derry getting knocked out yet.

Niblock got married last week. Taking some time off. Posted it on twitter.

snoopdog

Quote from: Under Lights on July 21, 2022, 09:58:12 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 21, 2022, 09:16:43 PM

Niblock got married last week. Taking some time off. Posted it on twitter.
Ah OK thanks. I don't bother with twitter

gallsman

Wooly not happy today that no men on TG4's panel, the sap.

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2022, 08:44:22 PM
I enjoy Wooly's podcasts, but I can't bring myself to give him any of my money because he is such a gimp on social media.

Wooly could not care less who is on the panel of a TG4 game. Whether it is 3 women, 3 men or 3 feckin monkeys, it's all the same to Wooly because he can't understand a word of what's going on. The only reason he has taken to social media to complain about a TG4 panel that he doesn't even listen to is that he doesn't want women doing analysis of men's football on RTE, and he thinks this is a clever way of doing that. The sap. 

imtommygunn

Yeah the whole thing is BS. I mean there are plenty of men who have played at the top level on RTE who can't analyse football. It has been shown that women can do it equally as well. Not all women who played the game can analyse the game but that is not a sexist comment because not all men who played it can analyse it and RTE's panel is largely an illustration of that  :o Just find the right people men or women - who cares.

tiempo

Quote from: Hound on August 01, 2022, 08:42:55 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 31, 2022, 08:44:22 PM
I enjoy Wooly's podcasts, but I can't bring myself to give him any of my money because he is such a gimp on social media.

Gave himself the Woolberto moniker, enough said

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2022, 09:03:19 AM
Yeah the whole thing is BS. I mean there are plenty of men who have played at the top level on RTE who can't analyse football. It has been shown that women can do it equally as well. Not all women who played the game can analyse the game but that is not a sexist comment because not all men who played it can analyse it and RTE's panel is largely an illustration of that  :o Just find the right people men or women - who cares.

Plenty of people unfortunately, including plenty on the board. Arseholes.