Author Topic: New Jerseys?  (Read 42013 times)

An Watcher

• View Profile
Re: New Jerseys?
« Reply #375 on: November 19, 2017, 08:31:13 PM »
Yep well impressed.  Bit retro

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2017, 08:08:08 PM »
the red shorts are back  :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »
Great to see them back. I like that strip. Sponsor fits well.
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
Great strip fantastic design and the lucky red shorts are back as well. Let’s go win some stuff in the new kit. Best of luck to the new sponsors and thanks to McAleer and rushe for their contribution over the years.

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2017, 11:12:09 PM »
Nice kit that - definitely a case of less is more. Keep the design relatively plain - looks much better. If Armagh are due a change (which I don't think one is due), then I hope they take note.

As regards the change to white shorts for Tyrone a few years back, was that not because way back in the day the kit was traditionally all white with a red trim?

Aaron Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 21, 2017, 11:27:05 PM »
Certainly a top seller at Christmas. It would top the Santa wishlists in all 32-counties.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 22, 2017, 01:43:45 AM »
Nice kit, but the stars...?

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 22, 2017, 01:47:29 AM »
Nice kit, but the stars...?

Stars are always a nice touch in my opinion.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 22, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »
Nice kit that - definitely a case of less is more. Keep the design relatively plain - looks much better. If Armagh are due a change (which I don't think one is due), then I hope they take note.

As regards the change to white shorts for Tyrone a few years back, was that not because way back in the day the kit was traditionally all white with a red trim?

we have had the current one for two years which is generally the length of time a jersey lasts

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 22, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »
Great strip fantastic design and the lucky red shorts are back as well. Let’s go win some stuff in the new kit. Best of luck to the new sponsors and thanks to McAleer and rushe for their contribution over the years.

LOL

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 22, 2017, 09:47:12 AM »
Not so sure, preferred the previous one to be honest. Red shorts definitely an improvement.

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 22, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »

we have had the current one for two years which is generally the length of time a jersey lasts

I think the normal period before a jersey change is three years. Exceptions are usually around a change to shirt sponsorship, as was the case when we parted company with Hugh Morgan.   

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2017, 10:06:35 AM »

I think the normal period before a jersey change is three years. Exceptions are usually around a change to shirt sponsorship, as was the case when we parted company with Hugh Morgan.
No it seems to be two years now with three being increasingly the exception.

Tyrone's is alright but three things I'm not gone on:
-The collar, looks a bit flimsy
-The three stripes stopping at the shoulders and not going on the sleeve
-The three stars, really unnecessary tbh

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 22, 2017, 10:13:27 AM »

GAA jerseys usually last for 3 years. If there's a change of sponsor they usually change the jersey as well. We used a sponsor change for 2006 to change that abomination of a jersey we had for a year in 2005.

Edit: See Rufus beat me to it
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 22, 2017, 10:23:53 AM »

No it seems to be two years now with three being increasingly the exception.

Tyrone's is alright but three things I'm not gone on:
-The collar, looks a bit flimsy
-The three stripes stopping at the shoulders and not going on the sleeve
-The three stars, really unnecessary tbh

Aping the soccer folk
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"