Started by never kickt a ball, June 06, 2018, 09:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

Quote from: FermGael on June 24, 2018, 06:08:20 PM
Hope is a dangerous thing
How Fermanagh respond will determine whether or not this team wins an Ulster title. Some losses are for learning.  Offaly had the same population issues as Fermanagh but they won all Ireland's in hurling and football. It is a journey  . NoT a match
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orchard park

Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2018, 06:15:06 PM
How Fermanagh respond will determine whether or not this team wins an Ulster title. Some losses are for learning.  Offaly had the same population issues as Fermanagh but they won all Ireland's in hurling and football. It is a journey  . NoT a match

And Ber Cowen instead of Arlene

seafoid

Quote from: Orchard park on June 24, 2018, 06:18:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2018, 06:15:06 PM

And Ber Cowen instead of Arlene
And the wisdom of Sylvie

"Lads ye'll never win anything without a few tinkers"

SouthDublinBro

Respect to Fermanagh. I have a feeling that if the scores were reversed coming up towards the final whistle there would have been a lot of dirty hits and red cards for some of the Donegal men.

Syferus

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 24, 2018, 07:27:06 PM
Respect to Fermanagh. I have a feeling that if the scores were reversed coming up towards the final whistle there would have been a lot of dirty hits and red cards for some of the Donegal men.

God you must be one of the weakest WUM alt accounts of all that's been let infest this forum.

redzone

The atmosphere in clones was brilliant, both inside and outside the ground. It's a real pity rte silence the crowd as it makes it look like it was a damp squib in terms of atmosphere
As a lot of people predicted once donegal got a few points up it was game over
Is Gallagher a one trick pony, remember the donegal supporters couldn't wait to get rid of him and his ultra negative style.
For me other than sean quiqley they didn't start with any other natural scoring forwards
I'd have started both Corrigan brothers and seamie quiqley. 
I noticed donegal were out at least 6-7 min before there alotted time. The Erne men had hardly finished there warm up, quick drill then the announcement came 3 min to the parade. A small thing but it showed donegals cuteness on the day

Orchard park

Must say I absolutely love Ulster final day  in Clones, everything about it except the traffic jams. Very few grounds can produce the cacophony of noise that Clones does.... I  hope more  money is ever wasted on casement  and that Clones remains home of the Ulster final...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Orchard park on June 24, 2018, 09:27:24 PM
Must say I absolutely love Ulster final day  in Clones, everything about it except the traffic jams. Very few grounds can produce the cacophony of noise that Clones does.... I  hope more  money is ever wasted on casement  and that Clones remains home of the Ulster final...

First time at one. Unfortunately Donegal were superior all over the field and once they scored their first goal, it was hard to see Fermanagh beating them. Brilliant atmosphere inside and outside the ground. Maybe if Fermanagh were closer in the 2nd half the noise would be more 'hearable' over the tv. They out supported Donegal there today. Hard luck FermGael and other Fermanagh posters.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 03:24:05 PM
Is the sound on RTE bad or is the atmosphere genuinely that lifeless?

It sounded that way. It was like each Donegal score was received with polite applause, which would make no sense whatsoever for us in an Ulster final.

However, all accounts I've read , even discounting the ones here, were that there was a very lively atmosphere.

J70

Was that the easiest Ulster title we've ever won?

Even 2012 we had to come through a dogfight with Tyrone in the semi, whereas this year each game was pretty much a stroll.

Cavan game - 2-20 to 1-15
Derry - 2-16 to 0-16
Down - 2-22 to 1-12
Fermanagh - 2-18 to 0-12

As someone (Brolly?) said on the RTE coverage, Malachy O'Rourke must be sitting with his head in his hands tonight. Not that they would necessarily have beaten us, but they'd have given it a good shot and would likely have gone in as favourites.

Didn't expect an Ulster title this year with such a young team. I was hoping to make the final and hopefully the super 8s, so Fermanagh's ambush of Monaghan definitely did us a favour. And the added bonus is that Bonner has stuck with the high press and attacking football, even though we were relegated in the league. Everything now is a bonus, so hopefully he sticks with it and tries to go toe to toe with the Dubs and the rest, whatever that means. And you never know, a kind super 8 group and we might even be in contention for a semi spot. I guess we are guaranteed one of Monaghan, Tyrone and Mayo, although hopefully not two in some kind of group of death!

Superb goal from Ryan McHugh today, and the all round movement and workrate was outstanding. Eoghan Ban continues to impress, as does Leo McLoone and MacNiallais and the two Brennans. Not much left to say about Murphy, while Neil McGee, even though he will be back for the super 8s, wasn't even missed. Hopefully McBrearty's knock isn't bad, as he would be a massive miss now that the big and real tests are coming.

trailer

People say Fermanagh will learn from this. All I see them learning is that they haven't got the footballers. They're a Div 3 / Div 4 side. Junior footballl at best and yesterdays performance wasn't befitting of an Ulster Final.
How good are Donegal? Who knows? Bigger tests ahead.

yellowcard

Gulf in standard was very obvious yesterday but Donegal could only do what they had to in order to win the match. I think Donegal could well end up in a semi final but I'm not sure that they would beat either Kerry or Dublin at the minute. Still an Ulster title is a very good season for a sides still in transition.

AQMP

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 24, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

First time at one. Unfortunately Donegal were superior all over the field and once they scored their first goal, it was hard to see Fermanagh beating them. Brilliant atmosphere inside and outside the ground. Maybe if Fermanagh were closer in the 2nd half the noise would be more 'hearable' over the tv. They out supported Donegal there today. Hard luck FermGael and other Fermanagh posters.

The atmosphere outside the ground was great but I thought there was very little atmosphere inside esp, once the game got going.  To be fair it's hard to cheer 7 mins of hand passing on the 45.  The cagey beginning to the game had the effect of quietening the Fermanagh supporters (IMHO).  Fermanagh have been criticised this year for indulging  in the dark arts but yesterday they barely laid a hand on a Donegal player.

Sadly Fermanagh were found out yesterday.  Taking an (almost) neutral view, they were second best all over the pitch and Donegal could have won that game by a lot more.  Donnelly and Jones were completely cleaned out at mid field and that bolloxed the kick out strategy.  Fermanagh scored 0-12, 1-8 and 0-12 in their three games.  Donegal had 2-6 at half time and there was no way Fermanagh were going to better that.  The Fermanagh style is based on stopping the opposition scoring and hoping for some frees/45s at the other end.  Scoring even 0-15 or 0-16 appears beyond them.  Gallagher and McMenamin are one-trick ponies.  There is no plan B.  Nine points down??  Let's pass it between ourselves in centre field.

Before the game yesterday I thought that whatever the result Fermanagh had a good chance to make the Super 8s.  Can't see that happening now.

seafoid

Clones on Ulster final day is special. The long walk out to the ground, the accents, the atmosphere.

Tuam has something special as well. Galway GAA moved hurling and football from Tuam and Ballinasloe into Pairc na Gaoithe in Salthill because of money and it hasn't worked. So I hope Clones doesn't lose out. Given the politics it probably won't. An Ulster Final venue in the occupied territories didn't fly in the 20s and wouldn't have worked in the 70s so maybe the GAA will stay with Clones.