Caster Semenya New Ruling

Started by nrico2006, April 25, 2018, 12:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Look at the contrast in her and the others in the pic, that's not well  ;D

LooseCannon

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 25, 2018, 02:20:22 PM
Look at the contrast in her and the others in the pic, that's not well  ;D
I'd say that the Ugandan one, and one of the Kenyans have a similar problem.

Syferus

Changing the rules because of one athlete is total nonsense. Makes middle distance runnnig look like a closed shop of elitist jackasses.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on April 25, 2018, 02:49:42 PM
Changing the rules because of one athlete is total nonsense. Makes middle distance runnnig look like a closed shop of elitist jackasses.

or does it not say that one cant be full of testosterone and run as a female athlete ???

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on April 25, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 25, 2018, 02:49:42 PM

or does it not say that one cant be full of testosterone and run as a female athlete ???

If you're a woman you're a woman. This isn't someone cheating or trying to do anything beyond competing.

The rule is only changing because the rest of the field aren't good enough at their profession to beat Semenya. I'd love to know how many of her competitors are drugged to the hilt.

Orchard park

i am no expert on testosterone levels in a female but what is causing it in her if she isnt intersexual

are the allegations that 3 of the 800m finalists in the last olympics were"intersex"

are intersex athletes at a significant advantage to other female athletes........

sure if the testosterone isnt doing anything for her shouldnt she be able to run as fast if she can reduce the levels of it.............

nrico2006

Surely any natural physical attributes she has should not be restricted.  Is there going to be a limit of the height of basketball players next?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Not surprised by Syferus' approach here and the inability to understand the difference between sex and gender.

Ross Tucker, a big fan of Semenya, has the right idea here. Sport is segregated on the basis of sex for to the massive physical advantages testosterone bestows on males. An example he gave was of the thousands of nowhere-near-elite make runners you've never heard of worldwide who run faster than Radcliffe's record for the women's marathon. Semenya and anyone like her have an unfair physical advantage. That's the end of it.

That said, because of the hateful things said about her for years by her fellow colleagues and athletes, I hope this isn't the end of it and she continues to batter them.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2018, 03:47:37 PM
Surely any natural physical attributes she has should not be restricted.  Is there going to be a limit of the height of basketball players next?

Ah, that old nonsense. Male basketballers playing against other male basketballers is not the same as an intersex athlete running against women.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on April 25, 2018, 03:51:34 PM
Not surprised by Syferus' approach here and the inability to understand the difference between sex and gender.

Ross Tucker, a big fan of Semenya, has the right idea here. Sport is segregated on the basis of sex for to the massive physical advantages testosterone bestows on males. An example he gave was of the thousands of nowhere-near-elite make runners you've never heard of worldwide who run faster than Radcliffe's record for the women's marathon. Semenya and anyone like her have an unfair physical advantage. That's the end of it.

That said, because of the hateful things said about her for years by her fellow colleagues and athletes, I hope this isn't the end of it and she continues to batter them.

The rules were based on the competitor being female, otherwise they would not need to change the rules to exclude her in the first place.

Whatever nonsense you try to dress up your dismissal of my post with the fact remains they're moving the goalposts because one athlete has been winning too much. If she was just in the middle of the pack there would never have been any movement to change the rules. Legislating against a single athlete in this way is literally discrimination.

Orchard park

Syf,

where is the nonsense I posted ??

I've asked serious relevant questions which i thought you were able to answer as you were authoratitive on her entitlement to continue participating as a female

If you dont know and are just bluffing again, and trying to hold a controversial position ala the Belfast rape trial then fair enough but just becuase you believe something and shout it repeatedly does not confer infallibility on you or your opinion

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on April 25, 2018, 04:03:21 PM
Syf,

where is the nonsense I posted ??

I've asked serious relevant questions which i thought you were able to answer as you were authoratitive on her entitlement to continue participating as a female

If you dont know and are just bluffing again, and trying to hold a controversial position ala the Belfast rape trial then fair enough but just becuase you believe something and shout it repeatedly does not confer infallibility on you or your opinion

Wha?

Orchard park

You have an amazing ability to ignore being called out when acting the pompous overbearing gobshite.