Quote from: mayo.mick on July 26, 2017, 04:49:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 26, 2017, 04:14:41 PM
Is there any way both sides could lose?

Any way both sides could win?  ;D

I think if the Rossies keep with in  10 point they could consider that a win
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

Mayoweather vs McRossie

The most eagerly awaited match up on MWR pay per view since the time the Pope came to Knock. Jaysus.

McRossie is new to championship fuball and remarked in a remarkable interview with Angelina Nugent that a few months ago he had fought in front of only 400 people at a small venue in Mohill in th'oul FBD , adding "this is my first time in Croke Park  and on Sunday I'll rule Croke Park."
McRossie used to be very shy but it is believed he may have been hacked by a Syfbot.

Fight promoter John Prenty gave a presentation to journalists behind a golden table in his gated compound in Bekan.

"Every MMAYO  guy is trying to fight in Croke Park and win the shaggin' All Ireland.  A fight like this can only happen once in a lifetime. This is a very, very big event. It took more than just myself to make this fight happen, but to make a fight of this magnitude happen I had to be involved."They call that jealousy. It comes with the territory. This is big for both MMAYO and the boxing world. This is huge," Prenty said.

Mayoweather is one of the most experienced boxers. He has not  been morally defeated in Croke Park in recent years. McRossie took up the sport in January.  McRossie believes his youth (he is 15) will be an advantage.
Mayoweather is older than Andy Moran but vastly experienced.

In order to promote the fight a series of press conferences were held in Claremorris, Bonniconlon, French park and Knockcroghery.
I am honoured to be here, to give you this spectacle," McRossie said. "His little legs, his little core, his little head, I am going to knock him out inside four minutes, mark my words. I will do it for occupied Ballagh.

"I am a young, confident, happy man that has worked extremely hard for this."

Mayoweather was forced to reply :

You will wave that white flag. You are going out on your face or your back. Which way do you want to go? All you need to do is show up and I will do the rest."

Mike Tyson was asked for a quote in the Frenchpark presser  : "McRossie  put his dumb ass in a position where he's going to get knocked out'

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 02:18:10 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 26, 2017, 02:15:33 PM
Despite the above, playing in Croke Park is a definite plus to Mayo. The pitch plays differently to others and familiarity with the effect of the stands on the wind etc only comes with experience. If it were not so we wouldnt see it as such an advantage to the Dubs.

It's an advantage to Dublin because they have 50k jackeens hounding the ref for every game, it's their home feckin ground.

Second biggest pitch in Ireland after Croke Park?

Dr Hyde Park..

Pitch with the most difficult wind?

Salthill..

Croke park barely makes the top 10 pitches in term of size.............its in the heads the problems with Croker are not in the legs

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 27, 2017, 10:07:48 AM
call your village, they're missing their idiot

You have some real issues. I'm sorry for you.

ballinaman

mrhardyannual

Farrandeelin

I have a bad feeling about Sunday. McStay will want to prove a point with how he was treated by the Mayo CB added to the fact that this is a young Ros team who have nothing to lose. Mayo on the other hand just about alive. I said before the Cork match that we'll probably lose at quarter final stage or semi. Sadly I think it will be the former. Unfortunately it will be to Ros.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2017, 04:48:48 PM
I have a bad feeling about Sunday. McStay will want to prove a point with how he was treated by the Mayo CB added to the fact that this is a young Ros team who have nothing to lose. Mayo on the other hand just about alive. I said before the Cork match that we'll probably lose at quarter final stage or semi. Sadly I think it will be the former. Unfortunately it will be to Ros.

In other news, the sky is blue..

A little note that brings both counties together - a monument was unveiled today at Shannon's Cross outside Loughglynn to honour John Morley and Henry Bryne and mark the terrible events of 37 years ago. It's a lovely little monument and worth stopping off at for anyone passing by.

Blowitupref

I have a feeling this game will end in a draw. Of course that feeling may be coming from the fact that Mayo drew two of their last 3 matches in normal time and lost to Galway by the narrowest of margins. If it ends in a draw will it be a replay or extra time. GAA.ie has no mention of extra time on their fixtures?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2017, 04:53:15 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2017, 04:48:48 PM

In other news, the sky is blue..

A little note that brings both counties together - a monument was unveiled today at Shannon's Cross outside Loughglynn to honour John Morley and Henry Bryne and mark the terrible events of 37 years ago. It's a lovely little monument and worth stopping off at for anyone passing by.
There is something in Castlerea as well
I remember when they were killed. It was such a shock
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 28, 2017, 06:14:26 PM
I have a feeling this game will end in a draw. Of course that feeling may be coming from the fact that Mayo drew two of their last 3 matches in normal time and lost to Galway by the narrowest of margins. If it ends in a draw will it be a replay or extra time. GAA.ie has no mention of extra time on their fixtures?
Extra time and if still level well probably be off to the wind tunnel
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM