We need to talk about the Dubs - get it off your chest

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 18, 2017, 02:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

That first pick is in the Museum as it was Meath on a big match day. It's not flag related/

westbound

Also, a big flag was passed through the hogan stand at the U2 concert. It was a U2 prop, but a big flag nonetheless!

Main Street

This is not just about a big flag floating down Hill 16, causing extreme danger to the h&s of the 'patrons',

but also every flag

Alan Milton, GAA's ‎Director of Communications

"We have taken a policy decision that any packages larger than A4 will not be allowed enter the stadium,"
The new directive states that any bags, flags or packages that exceed the A4 limit will not be allowed into Croke Park.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Main Street on July 27, 2017, 11:42:09 AM
This is not just about a big flag floating down Hill 16, causing extreme danger to the h&s of the 'patrons',

but also every flag

"We have taken a policy decision that any packages larger than A4 will not be allowed enter the stadium,"
The new directive states that any bags, flags or packages that exceed the A4 limit will not be allowed into Croke Park.
Such bullshit. The sooner the likes of McKenna and Duffy (and their lapdogs like Milton) are gone from any position of influence in the GAA and Croke Park the better.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Main Street on July 27, 2017, 11:42:09 AM

but also every flag

Flags, that exceed A4 size? Is he for f**king real?

Main Street

AZOffaly

But seriously, flags bigger than A4 are banned? that's absolutely ludicrous. What sort of bolloxes are these people? I understood the security implications of large rucksacks etc, but what the heck is the rationale for banning flags? That's pathetic.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 27, 2017, 12:08:05 PM
But seriously, flags bigger than A4 are banned? that's absolutely ludicrous. What sort of bolloxes are these people? I understood the security implications of large rucksacks etc, but what the heck is the rationale for banning flags? That's pathetic.

Just read that lad Alan Miltons statement and its pure gibberish and no real notion of why the're actually banning them.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=273606

Piss off Alan.

Owenmoresider

I presume journalists will be banned from bringing laptop and laptop bags that aren't the small notebook laptops, or is it just the plebs "patrons" who have to suffer McKenna's latest bout of lunacy?

vallankumous

You can write political slogans on a something bigger than an A4.
While this is common it can often be fobed off at soccer games but Croke park and Hill 16 has a wider impact.
This is the motivation behind the ban.

The problem with Dublin on Hill 16 is that they organised themselves.

sligoman2

If the gaa had any sense they would repeal this before it causes more damage to their reputation.  I would assume the gaa have people trolling sites like this to gauge the mood of the people and the message is loud and clear "COP ON FFS", remember ye are in the entertainment industry and people like to be entertained by watching games, waving flags, meeting people, singing etc..
Gaa are making a huge mistake here in my opinion.  Send some of the decision makers to hill 16 to see what it's all about.  Remember fans can choose other sports, watch from home, not buy burgers, not train young players, not go to meetings, not wash jerseys, not buy tickets, not donate to dressing room and pitch funds.
The message is clear - repeal and stop the nonsense.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

AZOffaly

Quote from: vallankumous on July 27, 2017, 12:30:40 PM

You can write political slogans on a something bigger than an A4.
While this is common it can often be fobed off at soccer games but Croke park and Hill 16 has a wider impact.
This is the motivation behind the ban.

The problem with Dublin on Hill 16 is that they organised themselves.

Are political slogans a problem in GAA circles? I haven't seen any? The big flag ban is mental itself, but banning ALL flags larger than A4 is just ludicrous. Sure the flags in the crowd add to the colour and excitement that they are always blathering on about in Croker.

vallankumous

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 27, 2017, 12:36:41 PM

Are political slogans a problem in GAA circles? I haven't seen any? The big flag ban is mental itself, but banning ALL flags larger than A4 is just ludicrous. Sure the flags in the crowd add to the colour and excitement that they are always blathering on about in Croker.

I've no problem with them but some do and SF have tried to organize them in the past around Anniversary of Hungerstrikes.
They won't be a problem anymore.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Hill+16+banner&rlz=1C1VFKB_enIE750IE750&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwij_YWosanVAhXqIcAKHW2zD48Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=672#imgrc=ygS05iNgn8_DTM: