We need to talk about the Dubs - get it off your chest

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 18, 2017, 02:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 21, 2017, 12:28:02 PM
Il respond to all points raised over the weekend, I currently need to work so I can pay taxes to assist people outside of Dublin with their amendiities.

But very quickly, it sounds like you need contact:

Your club county board delegate so they can raise these issues at county board level, proposals are put to a vote.

The county board then go to the provincial council.

Then the county board congress delegate can bring it to GAA congress.

Get a plan together, put the proposal through for funding.

I will be back.

The old chestnut about Dublin funding amenities down the county in silly.

Collective government have allowed a ridiculous amount of economic development be centred on Dublin . That is utterly mad planning .

I take your point about a good co board but be honest it is easy do those plans when you know the money is coming ,

TheGreatest

Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2017, 01:05:05 PM
The 33,000 Leitrims will never be able to compete with 1,300,000 Dublins even if everyone from 4 to 40 was coached every day of the week.

There's 1.3 Million Senior Gaelic footballers in Dublin? Wow.

TheGreatest

Quote from: ashman on July 21, 2017, 01:17:39 PM
Il respond to all points raised over the weekend, I currently need to work so I can pay taxes to assist people outside of Dublin with their amendiities.

Your club county board delegate so they can raise these issues at county board level, proposals are put to a vote.

I will be back.

Collective government have allowed a ridiculous amount of economic development be centred on Dublin . That is utterly mad planning .

I take your point about a good co board but be honest it is easy do those plans when you know the money is coming ,

Ah I was only messing. Decentralisation etc....

Lads, it is what it is.

armaghniac

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 21, 2017, 02:00:43 PM
Quote from: ashman on July 21, 2017, 01:17:39 PM

I will be back.

Ah I was only messing. Decentralisation etc....

Lads, it is what it is.

Let's close the forum so. Things are what they are, que sera sera, the Lord will determine things and it is not for us to discuss.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rrhf

The money thing has happened. It is now for the gaa to deal with in the future to level the playing field. As for Dublin they will win their last 3 games by 5 points or more. It may be an unlevel playing field but this dublin team are the best group of footballers the game has seen and have another 2all irelands in them. Tyrone and Kerry or nowhere near them and mayo are done. No one else will edge in their either. Tyrone have improved but nowhere near that intensity that the dubs bring.

From the Bunker

To all the Dublin posters - you think you can hide all your unfair monetary advantages in a hidden away thread? So you can revel care free on other threads on your glory - you've another thing coming!

Money and Home advantage baby!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 21, 2017, 01:59:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2017, 01:05:05 PM
The 33,000 Leitrims will never be able to compete with 1,300,000 Dublins even if everyone from 4 to 40 was coached every day of the week.

There's 1.3 Million Senior Gaelic footballers in Dublin? Wow.
You didn't post here under another name, did you?
We had a Dublin apologist of sorts who posted under the alias of The Aristocrat and he came out with the same smart ass answer to a similar question on a similar thread last year. Word for word, the same as you.
Ewan McKenna was in the news at the time and this bucko also launched an assload of insults at McKenna but failed to address a single point in this article- the very same as you.
He resorted to petty name calling also and 'Spewan' McKenna was the funniest he could think of.
Too much of a coincidence there I think to take you seriously anymore.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

macdanger2

Taken from rte.ie

QuoteDublin supporters have called for a total boycott on "every retail facility inside Croke Park" after the GAA banned a huge flag from Hill 16.

Dublin Fire Brigade view such large flags as being fire hazards, and the GAA have taken the decision to prohibit them from games.

Former Dubs forward Vinny Murphy told RTÉ Radio 1's Drivetime the decision was "like a scene out of Father Ted. Someone in Croke Park is going, 'down with this sort of thing' and it's sort of ridiculous turning around and saying it's a health and safety thing where in other stadiums the flags are allowed".

Supporters have reacted angrily to the decision and plan to kick back.

A statement released on behalf of Dublin GAA supporters' social media pages read: "The announcement that the large Dublin flag regularly seen at games would not be allowed on Hill 16 any longer was the latest in a long line of ridiculous rules and regulations for supporters who attend Hill 16 on match day.

"Unnecessary searches even before the new safety rules came in, caps taken off bottles of minerals, flags banned and a huge perspex screen are just some of the unnecessary 'safety measures' we have had to contend with.

"Yet the GAA and Croke Park have no issue leaving stairwells and fire exits blocked during games along with keeping us penned in behind the perspex screen. Where are the perspex screens for the other stands? Yesterday's banning of the large flag has led us to finally say enough is enough.

"We as social media pages that represent Dublin GAA supporters are therefore calling on all Dublin GAA supporters to boycott every retail facility inside Croke Park on 5 August. We would urge you all to bring your own food and drinks and not contribute one cent to the bars, shops and every other outlet inside Croke Park.

"We regret any loss to the franchises involved but the continued disregard for supporters has forced us to call for this action. This is the only action possible that allows us to protest while also allowing us to support our team.

"We will continue the call for this boycott until the GAA addresses supporters concerns and may take further action in the form of boycotting games at Croke Park in the future if our pleas fall on deaf ears."

dclane

Surely this applies to all counties? Why are those Dubs making it about them?
Same goes for the perspex glass.
Do these gowls actually think Hill 16 is theirs and theirs alone?

ashman

Quote from: dclane on July 26, 2017, 09:08:51 PM
Surely this applies to all counties? Why are those Dubs making it about them?
Same goes for the perspex glass.
Do these gowls actually think Hill 16 is theirs and theirs alone?

They really do .

That said these clowns are not members of clubs . 

RedHand88

Croke Park are reported to not be too worried about loss of revenue if the Dublin fans do not purchase drink inside the ground.
"Sure Tyrones playing the same day, them hoors will make up for it!"

sligoman2

Well done Dublin supporters.  The bureaucrats are slowly taking away all the fun out of supporting your team.  I support your move 100%.

Don't worry the gaa will mind the 1 million euros not spent in the shops  - using 50,000 dubs at an average of 20 euros.

Some rules make sense and some don't and this one doesn't.  Great to see supporters making a stand.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ashman

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 26, 2017, 11:28:44 PM
Well done Dublin supporters.  The bureaucrats are slowly taking away all the fun out of supporting your team.  I support your move 100%.

Don't worry the gaa will mind the 1 million euros not spent in the shops  - using 50,000 dubs at an average of 20 euros.

Some rules make sense and some don't and this one doesn't.  Great to see supporters making a stand.

Each Dub eating an average of 4 burgers ??

The vast majority won't give a shit .   either we accept the full H&S package or we don't .

It isn't a big deal .

dublin7

Quote from: ashman on July 26, 2017, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on July 26, 2017, 11:28:44 PM

Each Dub eating an average of 4 burgers ??

The vast majority won't give a shit .   either we accept the full H&S package or we don't .

It isn't a big deal .

I can understand the bitterness about the dubs winning All Ireland's but this is nothing to do with that. H&S gone mad. I would have thought this is an issue all GAA fans could support, but because it's Dublin the bitterness/jealously comes out and people automatically assume dubs are complaining so it must be a good rule