The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 25, 2017, 07:48:24 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 25, 2017, 07:26:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 25, 2017, 07:20:42 PM
Conte celebrated that flukey Chelsea goal like it was a goal of the season contender.  ::)

Manager celebrates goal, whatever next..
Few celebrate in that manner after a flukey goal..

Captain Obvious is somewhat of a misnomer then as Conte has been celebrating goals like that as long as he's been the Chelsea manager.  ::)

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on November 18, 2017, 01:16:22 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 18, 2017, 12:56:10 PM
Cawnt believe Tony hasn't been on about this game today.

People like Tony and a few others like StGalls etc only come on if their team win.
If Spurs lose he won't be posting anything on here.
<tumbleweed>   ;D ;D

laoislad

Conte celebrated that flukey Chelsea goal like it was a goal of the season contender.  ::)
Does he not always celebrate like that? I like Conte so wouldn't be bothered with him doing that.

Anyway, a decent point against the Champions. You'd think by some numpties on here they were after losing to Huddersfield or the like.

Haven't seen the game yet, the wife took me away for my birthday over the weekend so didn't get to watch it. From seeing brief highlights, their goal was lucky alright but maybe Mingolet could have been better positioned.
Will watch the match in full tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on November 27, 2017, 08:12:46 AM
Does he not always celebrate like that? I like Conte so wouldn't be bothered with him doing that.

Anyway, a decent point against the Champions. You'd think by some numpties on here they were after losing to Huddersfield or the like.

Haven't seen the game yet, the wife took me away for my birthday over the weekend so didn't get to watch it. From seeing brief highlights, their goal was lucky alright but maybe Mingolet could have been better positioned.

Chelsea didnt really create too much in the 2nd half and we were defending well. Moreno actually had a very good game, although did try and give away a peno out of nothing at one stage. There was still time for the expected defensive panic to set in, but the fluke came first. I think Mig probably should have stopped it.

TabClear

Quote from: Hound on November 27, 2017, 11:57:09 AM
Quote from: laoislad on November 27, 2017, 08:12:46 AM

Chelsea didnt really create too much in the 2nd half and we were defending well. Moreno actually had a very good game, although did try and give away a peno out of nothing at one stage. There was still time for the expected defensive panic to set in, but the fluke came first. I think Mig probably should have stopped it.

I think thats harsh. It was a miskick that went right into the top corner. Even if Willian had meant it,  it was a 1 in 100 attempt. The bigger risk was the blast to the near post or a cross that Mignolet was trying to get positioned for. Decent point but unlucky not to gte all three. Klopp does need to sort out this retreating back for 10-15 minutes plus to protect a lead. Aftre the goal Liverpool went straight back on the front foot so it is clearly a mental/coaching thing. The one thing I most admired about Ferguson's great United teams was the way they went for the throat and always tried to score again.

StGallsGAA

Salah's reaction to Willian's  goal was priceless!   ;D The body language is saying - "What the fcuk am I doing around this bunch of losers??" ;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: StGallsGAA on November 27, 2017, 02:52:11 PM
Salah's reaction to Willian's  goal was priceless!   ;D The body language is saying - "What the fcuk am I doing around this bunch of losers??" ;D

You're a very sad young lad.

Gabriel_Hurl

There's nothing young about him I'd day - imagine a grown man acting like that

laoislad

Coutinho and Salah on the bench tonight  :o
Solanke and The Ox start.

laoislad

1 up at HT.
Lovely little assist from Solanke for the goal.
Crazy end to the half. Solanke should have scored, a minute later Mignolet probably lucky not to be sent off and a minute after that Mane missed after being put through one on one on the  keeper.
Can see us needing to score a few more to win this.

AZOffaly

Moreno is a plague defensively. A white Djimi Traore. No way a clean sheet here so we may rue those two chances. By the way no probably about it, Mignolet should be gone.

heganboy

Whew, bit more comfortable now.

Salah on some roll
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on November 29, 2017, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 29, 2017, 09:38:52 PM
Whew, bit more comfortable now.

Salah on some roll
3-0 now  Salah again  ;D
Best player in the league right now?

He's in the best form but the best player in the league, nah..

AZOffaly

Good solid second half. The pace on the break is frightening. Got a bit of luck too but that's no harm.