FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 07, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2015, 10:26:40 PM
Apres Match of the Day has been more entertaining than the game

It feels a slight bit uncomfortable seeing the Late Bill O'Herlihy being taken off so soon after passing away.

I'd say he wouldn t mind. Yer man s got him 100%

Must say I thought that was brilliant stuff altogether. Especially the Jack bits.

Shamrock Shore

Apres match back to form. It was brilliant.

Great to see that hoop, Brenda Donoghue, lampooned. She gives me a pain in me Swiss.

Sadly, I remembered most of those ads in their original state

laoislad

Quote from: moysider on September 07, 2015, 10:40:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 07, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2015, 10:26:40 PM
Apres Match of the Day has been more entertaining than the game

It feels a slight bit uncomfortable seeing the Late Bill O'Herlihy being taken off so soon after passing away.

I'd say he wouldn t mind. Yer man s got him 100%

Must say I thought that was brilliant stuff altogether. Especially the Jack bits.
Yeah I agree I'd say he would have loved it. Who knows but maybe they asked his family was it ok.
It was very good though in fairness.
I loved the advert at the end..Don't drink and drive,but if you insist then just have two!
Was that really an advert back then? I was only 11 so don't remember.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

Has après match been going throughout the euro campaign. I'm not back in Ireland much so I can't catch it?

5 Sams

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 07, 2015, 10:46:53 PM
Apres match back to form. It was brilliant.

Great to see that hoop, Brenda Donoghue, lampooned. She gives me a pain in me Swiss.

Top class stuff. With the Apres Match lads, Oliver Callan and Mario Rosenstock we must be the best in the world at taking the piss out of ourselves.
The Aristocrat Years

magpie seanie

I didn't think it was all that bad tonight. Certainly have seen worse. I firmly believe we're better than Scotland (despite the results against them) and should make 3rd place. A home draw against Germany is possible as is an away one against a (presumably) already qualified Poland. Have a feeling a point will be needed though.

An Watcher

Thought that apres match stuff was poor lads. Usually love watching it too

David McKeown

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 07, 2015, 11:02:58 PM
I didn't think it was all that bad tonight. Certainly have seen worse. I firmly believe we're better than Scotland (despite the results against them) and should make 3rd place. A home draw against Germany is possible as is an away one against a (presumably) already qualified Poland. Have a feeling a point will be needed though.

I can't see us getting anything from the last two games but hopefully the Poles will do us a favour and beat Scotland so that it won't matter.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mrdeeds

Thought second half was good. Played with intensity and tried to do right thing. Far too much hoofing in first half. Compare Coleman's style to the way he plays for Everton and Ireland, chalk and cheese. Also if playing 442 need proper wingers. Prefer Wes in hole rather than out on right.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 07, 2015, 10:46:53 PM
It was only a couple of weeks ago, I was watching them on youtube recently in their original state. Great memories.
On one of them you'll see Enda Colleran won the monthly draw for a car. I think it was with Lyons tea.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2015, 08:32:09 PM
Whats the official attendance tonight? 30-35k?  Most Premier League clubs outside the top 4 would only get that so its not really that small of a crowd.
It's a Monday night also and a huge amount from outside Dublin go to Ireland matches so its understandable many haven't travelled tonight it being a Monday.

Fair shite match alright though in fairness.
In the Charlton days, qualifiers were played on a Wednesday afternoon where the employed would have to take a half day from work. They were frequently 50k sellouts with lots of fans locked out.

Pub Bore

Quote from: An Watcher on September 07, 2015, 11:03:50 PM
Thought that apres match stuff was poor lads. Usually love watching it too

Aye it was shite

rodney trotter

They might scrape 3rd place for the play offs but even then it will be hard to Qualify.

Turkey, Israel, Ukraine, Sweden, Croatia, some of the sides in 3rd position as it stands.

laoislad

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 08, 2015, 10:46:38 PM
They might scrape 3rd place for the play offs but even then it will be hard to Qualify.

Turkey, Israel, Ukraine, Sweden, Croatia, some of the sides in 3rd position as it stands.
I don't think Ireland should be worried about any of the above teams.
If they were that good they wouldn't be in 3rd. Iceland are topping Turkeys group ffs.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

Maybe I/We are getting ahead of myself/ourselves but I had a look at some of the potential opponents that Ireland may face.  As this draw is seeded I was hoping we might sneak into top seeds but can't see it.  Thus we are looking at the likes of Sweden, Hungary, Ukraine and possibly Turkey/Holland.  Tricky ties