FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Tough group.  Fun game for management team against Italy.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Mayo4Sam

Spain are the best team in the world and Croatia are savage. Also Italy could be a different team next summer, they never do too badly in major tournaments
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

brokencrossbar1

Spain will beat all 3 so it will be down to how the games go against each other.  Reckon that both teams are very beatable and would not fear them.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 02, 2011, 05:59:05 PM
Spain are the best team in the world and Croatia are savage. Also Italy could be a different team next summer, they never do too badly in major tournaments

What happened in the last major tournament for Italy?

BennyCake

Damn! I wanted England!

Italy are no big shakes. Neither are Croatia. Easy enough group!

ross4life

The three in our group are all better than russia & they should have beaten us twice, if we get out of that group i would fancy ourchances to win it!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

Group of death
Holland
Germany
Denmark
Portugal

GalwayBayBoy

Everyone in Group A will be delighted. Pretty much the worst team in each pot (apart from ourselves). Jammy b**tards.

Group B the group of death. Should be great to watch though.

Tough draw for Ireland to say the least but hey we're there. Not very likely they were going to get a handy group from pot 4 anyway.

England seem delighted with their group having avoided Spain and Holland from the top seeds but without Rooney that group will be no walkover for them.

Declan

Great draw for us I think. Locations perfect and 3 great games to look forward to

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 02, 2011, 06:03:04 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 02, 2011, 05:59:05 PM

What happened in the last major tournament for Italy?

World cup 2010

Italy 1 – 1 Paraguay

Italy 1 – 1 New Zealand

Slovakia 3 – 2 Italy

out in group stage!

charlie stubbs

agree italy are no great shakes i would fancy croatia to finish second in the group.  if ireland get to last game with chance of qualifying they have a chance as trap will know italy inside out.  in theory, spain last would have been good because i would imagine they would have qualified but who knows. 

Of the rest of the groups, A should be boring and all the teams will be delighted to get this group.  expect russia and anoter to come through.  b is the group of death some great games to look forward too! the germans v dutch be tasty and the potugeuse are capable of great stuff.  handy enough draw for england, though the form of darren bent or whoever up front will need to be good to get them out of group. 

think spain v germany final with the germans to win!

GalwayBayBoy

On the bright side Ireland have a very good record against Italy over the past two decades. They haven't beaten us for 22 years and even recently we drew with them twice in qualification and beat them in a friendly only last summer. Trap will know them inside out and that will likely be a very cagey game.

andoireabu

Quote from: Declan on December 02, 2011, 06:48:01 PM
Great draw for us I think. Locations perfect and 3 great games to look forward to
Have these been sorted yet? Might be needing a wee route planned
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

SHEEDY

10 june ireland v croatia  1945ko  poznan

14 june ireland v spain    1945ko  gdansk

18 june ireland v italy      1945ko  poznan

dont think the draw is as bad as it first looked. think italy and croatia are beatable. 4pts is definitly achievable. looking forward to it already.   
nil satis nisi optimum