Good article detailing Dublin's unfair funding advantage

Started by TheMaster, February 13, 2019, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on February 18, 2019, 07:03:59 AM
Westmeath have only won 1 Leinster title in their history.
Laois have won 6 and Kildare have won 23. Kildare won in 1998 and 2000, but you have to back to the 50s for their next one. Big bad dubs weren't dominating for 50 years.

In terms of stadiums the dubs are actually a good example for county boards. Uild smaller ground that wil be full for games rather than huge stadiums that are totally unnecessary. Munster alone has 40k seater stadiums in Limerick, Thurles and now Cork. That's madness. If they're lucky they'll be full once maybe twice a year.

I'd like to see dubs build  20k ground in association with the IRFU so they could groundshare with Leinster and for once the taxpayers in this country could get value for money for large  state investment in a capital sports project. Unfortunately the dinosaurs who are in charge of GAA and attend congress will never agree to this. You only look at the outrage over "getting bullied" into allowing a charity soccer match in PuC this year (only time it was full) and the hassle trying to allow soccer/rugby in croke park on a temporary basis.

This is true and often forgotten! But up until 2005 Dublin had 43 Leinster titles. All the rest had 73 Leinster titles between them! Dublin had won 37%. which was on average 4 titles a decade. They have won 13 of the last 14 which is 92% which is 9 a decade and heading for the full compliment of 10!

Dinny Breen

It's funny how how this argument has being going on 6 years, I have produced fact after fact yet no Dublin supporter is able to refute any of these facts and generally just revert to abuse. Generally they will call me a begrudger and Kildare are shite etc.....gives me no pleasure to be right...of course the counties outside Leinster aren't guilt free either, it's only now that Dublin are dominating the AI series that they actually give a shit...
#newbridgeornowhere

priceyreilly

This table shows exactly what money can buy. It compares what Dublin won in the 13 years before the financial doping to the 13 years after:

14 titles between 1992 and 2005 compared with 54 between 2005 and 2018. Astonishing figures. Just to add to it. Dublin won 53 titles between 1966 and 2005, they've beaten that in just 13 years post doping.

dublin7

Yet again it's amazingto see how much work people put into analysing dublin's spending but do f**k all for their own county. Have a look at Cork's plan and tell me how much funding they should get in your opinion. God knows Galway can't be trusted with any grant money.

Have you any idea how many ex county players have been involved in coaching underage teams in Dublin. They don't get paid for it, but they are giving back to the county. How many other counties can say that in football or hurling.

I actually feel sorry for some of you that instead of enjoying watching some of the greatest players ever like McCarthy, McCaffrey and Cluxton your begrudgery,bitterness and or jealousy leads you to claim their success/ability is down to money.

How about channelling your energy into something positive lime demanding your club/county managers actually play football instead of the safety first defensive rubbish introduced by McGuinness and Donegal. That might actually encourage people to attend games. Galway v Monaghan last week for example was two of the top sides playing sh*t football that no one wants watch, yet people blame falling attendances on dubs domination.

caprea

Quote from: dublin7 on February 18, 2019, 06:27:59 PM
Yet again it's amazingto see how much work people put into analysing dublin's spending but do f**k all for their own county. Have a look at Cork's plan and tell me how much funding they should get in your opinion. God knows Galway can't be trusted with any grant money.

Have you any idea how many ex county players have been involved in coaching underage teams in Dublin. They don't get paid for it, but they are giving back to the county. How many other counties can say that in football or hurling.

I actually feel sorry for some of you that instead of enjoying watching some of the greatest players ever like McCarthy, McCaffrey and Cluxton your begrudgery,bitterness and or jealousy leads you to claim their success/ability is down to money.

How about channelling your energy into something positive lime demanding your club/county managers actually play football instead of the safety first defensive rubbish introduced by McGuinness and Donegal. That might actually encourage people to attend games. Galway v Monaghan last week for example was two of the top sides playing sh*t football that no one wants watch, yet people blame falling attendances on dubs domination.

Mayo fundraised 1.761 million euro over 2016-17. Dublin raised 161k over 2015-17. It doesn't sound to me like Dublin are making much effort at grassroots level to raise funds from their fans. They are lucky to have the GAA as their main sponsor so they don't have to raise their own funds.

priceyreilly

I can't defend the financial doping so I'm going to deflect as much as possible.

;D At this stage, it's actually laughably pathetic the levels of deflection that Dublin supporters stoop to. It's been this way for many years but they used to at least attempt to throw in some flimsy defence of their multi million euro professional system. Those arguments were so comprehensively battered, they now have nothing else to counter apart from name calling, abuse and endless amounts of deflection.

bannside

I disagree with financial doping as is clearly the case here. I say rent Croke Park to the Dubs every time they use it, just so they remain mindful that it's not owned by them but by the association.

And by the way James Mc Carthy is currently my favourite player, and the other two not far away. Those three are up there with the best players the game has seen and are a joy to behold in full flight.

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 18, 2019, 06:44:09 PM
I can't defend the financial doping so I'm going to deflect as much as possible.

;D At this stage, it's actually laughably pathetic the levels of deflection that Dublin supporters stoop to. It's been this way for many years but they used to at least attempt to throw in some flimsy defence of their multi million euro professional system. Those arguments were so comprehensively battered, they now have nothing else to counter apart from name calling, abuse and endless amounts of deflection.

You know what f**k it. Your obsession with Dublin is getting scary at this stage. You must nearly be talking about Dublin finances in your sleep at night you spend so much time focusing on it.

I really don't care about funding because whatever amount they get the dub county board have shown they will spend it wisely. How many other counties could say that? Why not focus your attention on something where there is genuine wastage and obscene spending such as investigating  all the millions of taxpayers money being wasted on the Nationals Childrens Hospital project and why it's so over budget. There 's a real cause to research instead of your ridiculous obsession with Dublin.

From now on you can moan away to your hearts content and I'll leave you to your bitter ramblings. I'm going to go to the Dublin games throughout the rest of the year and whether they win or lose I know they'll try to play entertaining football. That's more than can be said for the majority of the rest of the country (excluding kerry and mayo) who will have to suffer through dour defensive cynical bore fests that frankly leave me losing the will to live.

At least on those days I can change the channel and watch something else but that'll definitely change if the dubs get less grant money as clearly that's what's wrong with football today!!!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: dublin7 on February 18, 2019, 09:31:19 PM

You know what f**k it. Your obsession with Dublin is getting scary at this stage. You must nearly be talking about Dublin finances in your sleep at night you spend so much time focusing on it.

I really don't care about funding because whatever amount they get the dub county board have shown they will spend it wisely. How many other counties could say that? Why not focus your attention on something where there is genuine wastage and obscene spending such as investigating  all the millions of taxpayers money being wasted on the Nationals Childrens Hospital project and why it's so over budget. There 's a real cause to research instead of your ridiculous obsession with Dublin.

From now on you can moan away to your hearts content and I'll leave you to your bitter ramblings. I'm going to go to the Dublin games throughout the rest of the year and whether they win or lose I know they'll try to play entertaining football. That's more than can be said for the majority of the rest of the country (excluding kerry and mayo) who will have to suffer through dour defensive cynical bore fests that frankly leave me losing the will to live.

At least on those days I can change the channel and watch something else but that'll definitely change if the dubs get less grant money as clearly that's what's wrong with football today!!!

If, God forbid, the Dubs don't make history with the five-in-row this year and get beaten somewhere along the way the demented banshee chorus on this board won't know how to react. What the hell will they do to fill their days? In the meantime COYBIB.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Now you have become Judge and Jury on who should and should not get money. Your lovely football team have it all to themselves. Their monopoly on grants, funding, sponsorship, home games and all the Trophies that money can by.  "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on February 18, 2019, 10:16:16 PM

If, God forbid, the Dubs don't make history with the five-in-row this year and get beaten somewhere along the way the demented banshee chorus on this board won't know how to react. What the hell will they do to fill their days? In the meantime COYBIB.

I hope Dublin win 5 in a row, I hope they win 10 in a row! It's the only way to stop financial doping. And I don't think this Doping can be reduced at this stage. That is unless people bored with a one horse race don't bother going anymore and there are no fools paying into this farce and there is no money in the pot for the Grab All Association to fund their golden child.

manfromdelmonte

Never argue with an idiot
He'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience alone.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 18, 2019, 10:43:20 PM

Never argue with an idiot
He'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience alone.

Is this where an analogy with Pavlov's dog might be appropriate?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Baile BrigĂ­n 2 on February 17, 2019, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2019, 10:37:53 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 16, 2019, 03:05:20 AM
All this concern for Dublin players who drop out because of sheer numbers is very touching.  Not sure how I managed to miss it all back when we weren't  winning.
Never heard of The Blue Wave initiative or the fact that Dublin gets enough of the coaching development kitty that could pay the wages of a dictator in yer average banana republic?

Nothing to do with what he said though. Suddenly the fans of 31 counties want us broken up to give the nearlymen a shot at county football. Thats new.
Yer dead right. That's because he didn't bother to read what I had to say. Neither may I gently suggest have you. If he wants to know why culchies are upset about Dublin's recent dominance anf thinks its all down to pure jealousy, then he seems to knww nothing about the Blue Wave or what way development funds are disbursed.
I just gave facts and figures- nothing magical in that. Anyone with some basic maths would come up with the same results. I never said I felt sorry or glad for those who could play intercounty football if Dublin was split along county boundaries. That's up to Dublin GAA folks but it does mean you are getting along with a very small percentage of the general population and you need all the money you can lay your hands on in order to stay afloat, never mind increase your market share.
The Gah in Dublin is under severe pressure and needs all the cash that's going but that's because of the basket case way your club structure is organised.
Now, that is an opinion but it's based on facts and figures I have posted now and in the past and I will stand over what I am saying.
Unless there is radical change within the association and sooner rather than later, the whole shebang is gonna go tits up.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Crete Boom

So should our county board try to sell a couple tables to the New York fundraiser to the Dubs this weekend?