The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Too soon?  ;)

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hotel that does a good Santa experience. Travelling from Tyrone but don't mind going 3 hrs. Have done most of the Donegal ones and Santa's cottage Newry. Have limited holidays in Dec so wanted to try and get something booked early. Might be one of the last years for the oldest.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

illdecide

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 28, 2018, 04:48:26 PM
Too soon?  ;)

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hotel that does a good Santa experience. Travelling from Tyrone but don't mind going 3 hrs. Have done most of the Donegal ones and Santa's cottage Newry. Have limited holidays in Dec so wanted to try and get something booked early. Might be one of the last years for the oldest.

North Pole😂
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BenDover

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 28, 2018, 04:48:26 PM
Too soon?  ;)

How old is your oldest? Do you need to tell them the truth about Santa at some point before they find out through other means?

trueblue1234

No not that stage yet. Hoping for another couple of years. But not sure. She started asing questions this year which gave us a junt as we thought she was well of that stage. Only going into p3. Think I found out in p5.

Don Johnson

Also following for one of those Santa hotels. We haven't done any yet so any recommendations will be welcomed.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 29, 2018, 01:40:29 PM
Also following for one of those Santa hotels. We haven't done any yet so any recommendations will be welcomed.

Where you based?

Innishowen gate way has a really good one, however hotel is a bit worn. But was very well put together.

Redcastle has a good one where you go to the famine Village for the Santa experience. Again very good

Jackson's hotel was just OK. Bit disappointing.

Santa's cottage in Newry was very good as well. Stayed in the Canal Court.

oakleaflad

Too soon? :) We were away seeing Santa at the weekend there. Young ones pretty much sorted but haven't got the missus anything yet. Maybe I'm beginning to soften as I get older but I actually am enjoying the odd Christmas song on the radio too.

Milltown Row2

That time of year again, what's the new best prezzies this year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

As long as I get my sprouts, I'll be happy!

trailer

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on December 11, 2019, 12:44:43 AM
As long as I get my sprouts, I'll be happy!
Yep looking forward to my sprouts also, though nicely fried helps
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Probably the first Christmas in years there is no request for any electronics. Clothes etc. this year but unfortunately the children are at an age now that the clothes/trainers are expensive  :'(

BennyCake

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 11, 2019, 01:35:06 PM
Probably the first Christmas in years there is no request for any electronics. Clothes etc. this year but unfortunately the children are at an age now that the clothes/trainers are expensive  :'(

Only after spunking £115 for a set of trainers for the teenager in the house. Told him that's it barring other clothes and his GAA gear once the club order arrives in...

quit yo jibbajabba

Shoulda bought him one now and tother one for his birthday