Official Laois County Board Website

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 12, 2020, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

New County Board website looks good but very little county team news on it. Also short on U-17, U-20  football and hurling news.
Good results section on it.
Twitter and Facebook get tagged but we don't. >:(    A lot more to do but its a start......

https://laoisgaa.ie/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

I think you'll be waiting. We got dismissed in the last two podcasts on Laois Today, but I'm happier to read the opinions of some posters on here, who I consider to be very good judges. Unfortunately, our local media have no objectivity whatsoever. The sky isn't always blue.

SCFC

Quote from: High Fielder on March 12, 2020, 04:13:25 PM
We got dismissed in the last two podcasts on Laois Today, but I'm happier to read the opinions of some posters on here, who I consider to be very good judges.
Ah sure the LT lads know it all!

portlaoisekid

Quote from: High Fielder on March 12, 2020, 04:13:25 PM
I think you'll be waiting. We got dismissed in the last two podcasts on Laois Today, but I'm happier to read the opinions of some posters on here, who I consider to be very good judges. Unfortunately, our local media have no objectivity whatsoever. The sky isn't always blue.
I'd totally agree High fielder, some posters on here are really good to listen to, obviously some are not but I've always found some interesting discussion especially lately now that the troll has departed. Some of the output from qualified journalists on certain local media outlets is quite shocking in quality and agenda driven for the most part.

Interesting to hear they dismissed this site considering that local Laois media outlets use this place as a reference point every day for info and leads on stories

redsetanta

What was the crack with the Laois Today Podcast. Were they having a pop at this forum?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Blow-in

Only for GAA, Laois Today would be toast and non existent. They should listen before talking. Miller and Hartnett more football in the stones on the ground.
They throw in a blonde every so often!

clonadmad

You keep providing us with the free publicity,Steven

We will keep providing you with the scoops

High Fielder

I have to say I was disappointed to hear what was said. The previous week, we were criticised for our reaction to losing to Kildare. Oddly enough though, they were happy to tell us that they thought we'd lose to Kildare anyway, because we always do. I actually found that more insulting to our intelligence than anything that was written on here post Kildare.

Anyway, no real harm done. They are doing great work with Laois Today, and it has brought Laois to a new level with its articles and live text commentary in particular. But they need to remember that we're part of their demographic too, and that theirs is not the final word on all matters Laois GAA or otherwise. We're all entitled to an opinion

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Exactly, while they are very good and provide us with very great coverage of everything Laois, we promote them every day by providing links to their stories and articles.
It would be nice if they could acknowledge that and give this forum and it's very knowledgeable posters a mention and even a bit of praise sometime.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

merman

Quote from: Batman!!! on March 13, 2020, 07:48:20 PM
Only for GAA, Laois Today would be toast and non existent. They should listen before talking. Miller and Hartnett more football in the stones on the ground.

I think that blonde comment is unfair.

The 'blonde' you are referring to was unequivocally their most-passionate voice for hurling. She has left the position and they are worse off without her.

I'm not a fan of the podcast at all and haven't listened to it much. I find it a bit self-indulgent to be honest. I can't imagine  it lasting.
In general, the website does provide a good service, albeit one that prioritises quantity over quality.

As for the Laois GAA website, there are definite improvements. With a new PRO and Administrator now in-situ, hopefully we'll see further developments.

Zooming around

Quote from: merman on March 14, 2020, 09:15:16 AM
Quote from: Batman!!! on March 13, 2020, 07:48:20 PM

I think that blonde comment is unfair.

The 'blonde' you are referring to was unequivocally their most-passionate voice for hurling. She has left the position and they are worse off without her.

I'm not a fan of the podcast at all and haven't listened to it much. I find it a bit self-indulgent to be honest. I can't imagine  it lasting.
In general, the website does provide a good service, albeit one that prioritises quantity over quality.

As for the Laois GAA website, there are definite improvements. With a new PRO and Administrator now in-situ, hopefully we'll see further developments.

"The Blonde" is a very good journalist and gave a lot of time reporting on matches of all levels and ages.

High Fielder

Let's try to avoid mud slinging and cheap shots. Laois Today is a welcome addition to our county, and all the reporters are good at what they do. I took exception to the dismissiveness of some of our contributions on here, but that doesn't mean I'm anti Laois Today. Far from it.

clonadmad

So which of ye is Steven Miller?

My guess is it's Town1980 what with his command of the english language.

redsetanta

Anyone put a link to the said podcast so I can have a listen. Went looking for it there and can't find it. Thanks.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

Since when did Laois Today change into Ballacolla Today ?? 🧐🙄