Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

That U15 one is an odd one. What prompted that and why specifically under 15 only?? Are the lower ages unlimited subs??

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 07, 2022, 05:02:44 PM
That U15 one is an odd one. What prompted that and why specifically under 15 only?? Are the lower ages unlimited subs??

Some clubs have bigger squads and wanted to give every lad a run out.   I can appreciate their viewpoint but hammers smaller clubs again.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on December 07, 2022, 08:49:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 09:41:39 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 06, 2022, 09:14:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 07:52:34 PM
Are you saying they are too old now? So be even worse next year based on that synopsis?

I never said though it was a classic or great performance it was job done against the reigning champions for past load of years.

Getting over the line handsomely or ugly is all that matters..
No am saying they've a lot of continuous miles on the clock, that's all I said. The result is all dunloy will and should care about but it wasn't this performance that was referred too. I really forgot your not really aloud an opinion in here. I'll get back in my box lol

You'll be out of that box soon enough as Loughgiel are building  ;D

;D ;D ;D

It really is hard to hide the bitterness...... sorry I mean rivalry  ;D
Not bitter in the slightest,Current bench mark in Antrim & Ulster!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 07, 2022, 06:11:34 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 07, 2022, 08:49:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 09:41:39 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 06, 2022, 09:14:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 07:52:34 PM
Are you saying they are too old now? So be even worse next year based on that synopsis?

I never said though it was a classic or great performance it was job done against the reigning champions for past load of years.

Getting over the line handsomely or ugly is all that matters..
No am saying they've a lot of continuous miles on the clock, that's all I said. The result is all dunloy will and should care about but it wasn't this performance that was referred too. I really forgot your not really aloud an opinion in here. I'll get back in my box lol

You'll be out of that box soon enough as Loughgiel are building  ;D

;D ;D ;D

It really is hard to hide the bitterness...... sorry I mean rivalry  ;D
Not bitter in the slightest,Current bench mark in Antrim & Ulster!!

After being at the game I would agree 100% with Sleeping Giants analysis. Great result for Dunloy but I wouldn't say a great performance, only scoring 5 points in second half, loads of unforced errors from SN, missing easy dips, handling errors etc. SN were a shadow of the last few years and were still in with a chance, but none of that matters. To the victor and all that. Dunloy did what they had to do 
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

Finals are for winning. Delighted for Dunloy to be honest. Same as Loughgiel in the Camogie. Slaughtneil were at the point where they would have been living in their heads so a great achievement to get over the line against them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronSports on December 07, 2022, 07:35:28 PM
Finals are for winning. Delighted for Dunloy to be honest. Same as Loughgiel in the Camogie. Slaughtneil were at the point where they would have been living in their heads so a great achievement to get over the line against them.

Were lucky in that camogie final, S'neil weren't great and missed some scores, handling errors all over the place..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 07:44:54 PM

Were lucky in that camogie final, S'neil weren't great and missed some scores, handling errors all over the place..

Weird, weird dude
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 07, 2022, 07:47:03 PM

Weird, weird dude

Chill out, I'm taking the piss, I've yet to read anywhere that the Dunloy team won that game with the style they have shown the last 4 years in Antrim
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lol. Sweet Jesus , isn't this what you were slagging me for. Let's get the camogie convention going, bán handling errors lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2022, 08:09:52 PM

Lol. Sweet Jesus , isn't this what you were slagging me for. Let's get the camogie convention going, bán handling errors lol

No, keep up, I said I'm taking the piss, though you could see that, I hadn't even watched it!!

Now back in your box, did Derry win anything at club level in hurling/camogie  this year?

Sleeping giant

;D ;D ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 08:17:22 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2022, 08:09:52 PM

No, keep up, I said I'm taking the piss, though you could see that, I hadn't even watched it!!

Now back in your box, did Derry win anything at club level in hurling/camogie  this year?

Not this year unfortunately, but we are a humble people .

SaffronSports

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 07:51:22 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 07, 2022, 07:47:03 PM

Weird, weird dude

Chill out, I'm taking the piss, I've yet to read anywhere that the Dunloy team won that game with the style they have shown the last 4 years in Antrim

Don't think many teams win finals with real style in December to be fair. A lot of the time pitches at this time of year mean you just have to dig in, battle hard and take the chances that you earn. Guess that's all part of trying to squeeze it all in woth our climate.

imtommygunn

Another thing never mentioned was shorty was missing. There was a score dunloy got at the end where boys on both sides were busting their balls for everything and he got the ball and just used the brain to see space and easy score created. Some operator.

barnish oggie

Quote from: delgany on December 07, 2022, 04:55:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2022, 02:37:34 PM
Anything of note come out of the county convention?

Was there any motions that got passed or some put on hold?

Hopefully (for the Derry wans) the motion of banning flukey goals was passed  ;D

League restructuring in football is being re considered. Whether this is for 2023 or 2024 is unclear. Ccc /CB made no motions / recommendations as to their preferred options so clubs will re convene in Jan  and probably a decision by Feb.!

U15 All County Leagues to have unlimited subs !

Football and Hurling?