Onthe40

Jim Bob

Dark_Arts_Master

Chair: M Sludden
Secretary: Michael Kerr
Treasurer: Niall McKenna(unchanged)
Vice Chair: A.N. Other (back to clubs)
Assistant Secretary: Eunan Lindsay
Assistant Treasurer: Sean McGuigan(Unchanged)
Central Council Delegate: Benny Hurl (Unchanged)
Ulster Council Delegates: Conor Sally & Michelle Cox(Unchanged)
PRO: Rory Cox
Coaching Officer: Damien Harvey (Unchanged)
Culture: Steven Hughes (Unchanged)
Hurling Officer: Aidan Maguire
Childrens officer: Stephen Sherry (Unchanged)
Planning & Training: Rory O'Brien (Unchanged)

Eugene McConnell contested 3 elections  & lost 3 elections tonight - sore one to stomach I'd imagine

square_ball

I'd imagine the role of secretary will not have the workload as it previously had if they can get this operations manager recruited.

Eugene McConnell will probably end up in that vacant vice-chair position.

Degrassi Hi

Who's responsibility do fixtures fall to now then?

skeog

Eugene be back he cannot be lost a man of his talent and enthusaism for the cause.

clarshack

Quote from: skeog on December 14, 2022, 09:49:06 AM
Eugene be back he cannot be lost a man of his talent and enthusaism for the cause.

While I don't agree with the pricing of the Tyrone TV setup, losing a man of Eugene's experience would not be a positive.

Dark_Arts_Master

Quote from: clarshack on December 14, 2022, 10:13:17 AM
Quote from: skeog on December 14, 2022, 09:49:06 AM

While I don't agree with the pricing of the Tyrone TV setup, losing a man of Eugene's experience would not be a positive.

While I have felt Eugene has put his foot in it with some of his statements over the years, I think he has led the Tyrone Comms team well in the last 5 years. I've no doubt he will remain in Garvaghey in some capacity, be it as VC or in various sub committees.

Good to see some youth in the form of Rory Cox as PRO. Very enthusiastic and has been a great support to his club. Hopefully he can continue to grow the Tyrone GAA brand.

On a separate note, with Gortin's motion of separating the roles of VC & CCC Chair being carried, I wonder who will be put forward at the first 2023 board meeting for CCC Chair?

WT4E

Quote from: Dark_Arts_Master on December 14, 2022, 01:28:35 AM
Eugene McConnell contested 3 elections  & lost 3 elections tonight - sore one to stomach I'd imagine

Hope he bought a loaf of bread on the way home!

Wolfetones

Quote from: WT4E on December 14, 2022, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Dark_Arts_Master on December 14, 2022, 01:28:35 AM

Hope he bought a loaf of bread on the way home!

He wouldn't even have been able to unless there is a 24 hour shop in Clogher. 4 fecking hours and they didn't even look at any of the recommendations

trailer

I'm super critical as always but you have to hand to these people who give up a huge amount of their time to run committees and organise the GAA in Tyrone. McConnell has been a huge servant to Tyrone GAA along with others. Manys a time I cursed them but you have to give them credit.

yellowcard

Is that the same Martin Sludden the former referee who gave probably the most controversial decision in the history of gaelic football now sitting as the chairman of the Tyrone county board? Thats pure Phoenix from the flames stuff. 

TyroneClubs

The same man who told Owen Roes to get their injured player off the pitch the night the air ambulance had to come because RTE was there for the Trillick/Dromore game. At least he cares about player welfare

Under Lights

Euan Lindsay refused the role of Deputy Chair once Martin Sludden had been selected as chair. There is bad blood between the two. 

WT4E

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 15, 2022, 07:07:30 PM
I see TyroneGAA.ie has had a facelift. Looks decent.

Didnt take Rory Cox long to sort that. Eugene might have done alot of good things but letting the website get into such a state was a disgrace!